Windows 10: Is it possible that I can enable the startup sound even for fast boot/startup?

Discus and support Is it possible that I can enable the startup sound even for fast boot/startup? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Merrick_919 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fs46be/is_it_possible_that_i_can_enable_the_startup/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Merrick_919, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Is it possible that I can enable the startup sound even for fast boot/startup?

/u/Merrick_919, Mar 30, 2020

2. No Windows 10 Startup sound

I know, you can enable the startup sound in Windows 10 via the system sound window.

But with fast boot enabled, the system doesn't play any startup sound. Its not that bad but when I had windows 7, it was helpfull to know, when the pc is booted up completely, because there are many devices connected to my pc and it takes long to start up.
    With fast startup disabled, it takes 5 minutes to start up. So is there any way to enable the sound with fast startup enabled?

Albert Seewald, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Rob Welsh Win User
    Windows 10 Fast Startup Boot Fail

Since about the update to W10 V1607 a Fast Startup enabled boot stalls. The four window panes appear but the circle of dots chasing it's tail do not. Prior to V1607 Fast Startup was working. Update KB3194798 failed, but was subsequently successful. A "sfc
    /scannow" didn't turn up any problems, and its to early for a boot log. Any suggestions for tracking down this annoying little problem?

Rob Welsh, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Is it possible that I can enable the startup sound even for fast boot/startup?

Windows Startup sound not sounding

Hi Jefferson,

We recommend that you switch off fast boot. Fast boot essentially hibernates your PC while keeping your session and drivers dormant in the hibernation file when you shut down your PC. While fast boot can speed up boot time, it also prevents Windows from
    greeting you with startup sound because Windows doesn't think that your PC was actually shut down in the first place.

To disable fast boot, follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel and select Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Power Options and click on Choose what the power buttons do on the left pane.
    • Uncheck Turn on fast startup box.

Note: If the option is grayed out, click
    Change settings that are currently unavailable

Let us know if you find this helpful.

Adrianne Buc, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible that I can enable the startup sound even for fast boot/startup?

1. Is it possible that I can enable the startup sound even for fast boot/startup? - Similar Threads - possible enable startup

2. Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled.: Original issue locked thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-shutting-down-even-hibernate-when-fast-startup/9f5a172a-8ab4-4a45-a301-3996a69ae863When I try to poweroff the laptop from start menu. It tries to shutdownblue shutting down.. screen and...
  3. Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled.: Original issue locked thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-shutting-down-even-hibernate-when-fast-startup/9f5a172a-8ab4-4a45-a301-3996a69ae863When I try to poweroff the laptop from start menu. It tries to shutdownblue shutting down.. screen and...
  4. Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fast Startup not working even when its enabled

Fast Startup not working even when its enabled: I have enabled fast startup in the control panel but still it does not work. A few days ago, it was working correctly and I had no problem. But nowadays, it does not work even when I have enabled it. I tried disabling restarting and enabling restarting, but nothing worked....
  6. Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled.

Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled.: When I try to poweroff the laptop from start menu. It tries to shutdownblue shutting down.. screen and screen turns off. But within a second the screen lits up again on the lock screen. If fast startup is disabled, this issue no longer exists. When I open event viewer, I...
  7. Can't Enable Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Enable Fast Startup: Hi, guys. I can't see a way to enable fast startup in my H P laptop running W10 Home. I go to the power settings section (following instructions from the Internet). and there is no check box to enable fast startup. Any ideas? Thanks/ 122620
  8. Fast-startup and keyboard boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast-startup and keyboard boot: Normally I would use the sleep button or a shortcut(shutdown -s -t) to turn the desktop off. Lately though ive been using the Start button and shutting down and i've noticed that all it takes for me to turn on the computer is to hit any key. Now I know that Windows 10 uses...
  9. Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable?: Hi all - Do you think that Fast Startup should be enabled in W10? Yes or no? Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials Please explain your reasoning. Thanks! *Smile 111734
  10. Enable NumLock on Fast-Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable NumLock on Fast-Startup: Hello all, The issue I am currently having is enabling NumLock before the logon, I have modified the corresponding registry key (Find attached my screenshot below) and that works perfectly fine when restarting my PC, however I have fast-startup (Screenshot also below)...