Windows 10: Is it possible that My CPU and Memory are being burdened without any indication from task...

Discus and support Is it possible that My CPU and Memory are being burdened without any indication from task... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ryzen 3 3.5Ghz Processor 16Gb of DDR4 ram 3000Mhz 2 TB secondary HDD 250Gb SSD Disc Windows 10 1903 64 bit Hello 3 or 4 days ago my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tbilt, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Tbilt Win User

Is it possible that My CPU and Memory are being burdened without any indication from task...

Ryzen 3 3.5Ghz Processor

16Gb of DDR4 ram 3000Mhz

2 TB secondary HDD
    250Gb SSD Disc

Windows 10 1903 64 bit

Hello 3 or 4 days ago my computer suddenly began performing as though the memory resources were being over burdened. I did buy and install two games from steam that day, but I think this is just a coincidence, since the two games were each like 5gigs in size, and it's not just the games that the computer is executing poorly. At first I thought this might have been due to an update, since I remember a windows 10 update from last year causing a similar problem where my cpu and memory were constantly at 99% do to a bug with several background processes. But what's different in this case is that task manager does not say that I'm using any more resources than I normally use.

I use this pc for gaming, making music, and recording/editing video. I don't have any additional antivirus on it, but I also don't do anything suspect like **** pirate movies. In fact I never even use the web browser unless I need to open my email to authorize a piece of software I do not download any pirated software or freeware.

I have never had any performance trouble with this PC, and cpu and memory usage tend to idle around 40%, maybe closer to 50% during my most strenuous multitasking.

I have tried:

rebooting the computer

optimization/disc cleanup there is no fragmentation

updating to current version/drivers

converting to low usage/performance settings on all of my apps and games,

According to Windows Defender there are no threats

There is no overheating within the computer This computer has ample cooling

There are 60GB available on the SSD and over 1TB available on the secondary drive

This computer is a little over a year old.

I do leave the computer on alot, 3-4 days at a time, but I restart it several times a week and will completely turn it off at least once a week

Currently I am considering doing the Fresh Start since that's essentially what fixed the computer last time, but I want to understand what caused this in case it happens again.

Thanks!

:)

Tbilt, Sep 25, 2020
  2. Juzar_Ali Win User

Win10 Regsvr32.exe memory cannot be read message

Hi,

I suggest you to run Memory Diagnostic tool and check if it helps.

Memory Diagnostic tool is used to detect the possible memory problems.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Memory Diagnostic in the search area in the task bar and select
      Windows Memory Diagnostic.

• Select Restart now and check for problem.
    The error message that you received indicates there may be some memory issues with the system (mapping the memory).

Meanwhile, I suggest you to run System Maintenance troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue ( slow internet etc.).

• Press Windows key + W.

• Type Troubleshooter in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select System and Security.

• Select System Maintenance under System options.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Sep 25, 2020
  3. SerhiyIA Win User
    'System and compressed memory' on ASUS G75VY notebook load CPU always on 16%

thank you for your reply!

here what I did:

1. disabled non-microsoft services, disabled all applications in startup list

result: after restart "system and compressed memory" still gain 17% CPU

2. ran PC into safe mode ( just to see what happens )

result: CPU load is 0% for "system and compressed memory"

3. ran PC in normal mode

result: CPU load is 0% for "system and compressed memory"

as we can see from step 1, the problem probably is not in applications ?

what would you suggest in this case ?

looking forward for your answer

SerhiyIA, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Is it possible that My CPU and Memory are being burdened without any indication from task...

Is it memory or CPU

I have it solved thanks for the replies, I bumped the memory up one step from 1.10000 to 1.10625 and everything is fine. My temps were fine High of 67C low of 41C. I really appreciate the input by everyone

Super Sarge, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible that My CPU and Memory are being burdened without any indication from task...

1. Is it possible that My CPU and Memory are being burdened without any indication from task... - Similar Threads - possible CPU Memory

2. is it possible to change dx10 and dx11 without changing in cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is it possible to change dx10 and dx11 without changing in cpu: is it possible to change dx10 into dx11 without changing in cpu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-change-dx10-and-dx11-without/efe492e6-9b0d-4bc3-9c1a-0aa187d3f522
  3. Does high searchindexer.exe cpu usage indicate possible problems?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does high searchindexer.exe cpu usage indicate possible problems?: Windows 10.Recently, soon after starting the computer, the mouse pointer becomes the little blue buffering circle. This usually turns into a disruptive period where the computer stops responding. I had thought it was due to Microsoft Edge's latest update. I'm not sure but...
  4. Does high searchindexer.exe cpu usage indicate possible problems?

Does high searchindexer.exe cpu usage indicate possible problems?: Windows 10.Recently, soon after starting the computer, the mouse pointer becomes the little blue buffering circle. This usually turns into a disruptive period where the computer stops responding. I had thought it was due to Microsoft Edge's latest update. I'm not sure but...
  5. Does high searchindexer.exe cpu usage indicate possible problems?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. My cpu is 60% loaded without having any programs on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My cpu is 60% loaded without having any programs on: I recently restored my pc so there shouldnt be any malware. The cpu is on 70 degrees celcius with water cooling https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cpu-is-60-loaded-without-having-any-programs-on/a8e40084-589f-4a57-9899-e9c765b1fc74
  7. My cpu is 60% loaded without having any programs on

My cpu is 60% loaded without having any programs on: I recently restored my pc so there shouldnt be any malware. The cpu is on 70 degrees celcius with water cooling https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cpu-is-60-loaded-without-having-any-programs-on/a8e40084-589f-4a57-9899-e9c765b1fc74
  8. My cpu is 60% loaded without having any programs on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. My CPU, Memory and Disk percentages are Skyrocketing! Any help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My CPU, Memory and Disk percentages are Skyrocketing! Any help?: For a while now, my laptop fans have been going crazy, so I had to do some research. I found out that through task manager you could look at the CPU percentages for each program. Once I opened the window for task manager, my CPU percentage was at 100%. For some reason, the...
  10. Laptop visibly slow without any indication of high memory/cpu usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop visibly slow without any indication of high memory/cpu usage: my laptop has i7, 16gb ram, ssd. running windows10 - 2004 update. on task manager everything seems okay - memory and cpu usage ~ 30-45%, almost no network/disk usage, yet gets very slow to respond, mouse pointer takes time to move, context menus takes 1-2 sec to appear on...