Windows 10: Is it possible to access a file on a shared network drive before logging into a windows...

Discus and support Is it possible to access a file on a shared network drive before logging into a windows... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; for example in windows repair settings -> cmd. submitted by /u/WaterSheep1337 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WaterSheep1337, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Is it possible to access a file on a shared network drive before logging into a windows...

/u/WaterSheep1337, Nov 11, 2019
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Nov 11, 2019
  4. Is it possible to access a file on a shared network drive before logging into a windows...

KB3185614 Not allowing Network Shared Drive Access

Hi Nivay,

To address your concern, we would like you to check the following:

• After updating, check your Network profile under Network and Sharing Center, make sure that it is set to Private and not Public.
    • If you are using a third party antivirus software, make sure that the
      Network drive
      is set to Trusted.
    • Ping the network drive and check if you're getting a reply.
    • Access the network drive through it's IP address via run field and not through the existing shortcut, then check if it is accessible.
    • If the network drive is accessible via IP address, we would suggest you to re-map the network drive and delete the previous one that has the red X mark.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Is it possible to access a file on a shared network drive before logging into a windows...

1. Is it possible to access a file on a shared network drive before logging into a windows... - Similar Threads - possible access file

2. Accessing a shared Drive on home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing a shared Drive on home network: Hello,I have a PC and Laptop. I use the same exact Windows Credentials using my live.com account to use both computers. They are BOTH set up as Administrators on each respective computer. However, I cannot access a shared drive from one computer or another, even though it is...
  3. Accessing a shared Drive on home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing a shared Drive on home network: Hello,I have a PC and Laptop. I use the same exact Windows Credentials using my live.com account to use both computers. They are BOTH set up as Administrators on each respective computer. However, I cannot access a shared drive from one computer or another, even though it is...
  4. Accessing a shared Drive on home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't Access File Sharing or Network

Can't Access File Sharing or Network: Hello,I'm having a difficult time right now getting my file sharing and Network to run.Im trying to use Roon Audio via a ROCK NUC10i3. I'm at this stephttps://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/roon-os-missing-codecsBut I have nothing showing up in my network drive.I've...
  6. log in to a network share

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    log in to a network share: My mother got a new laptop and set it up with a new Microsoft account. She had surgery right before COVID and I moved back in with her for what was supposed to be 6 months. Then COVID happened, I lost my job, and I've been reluctant to go apartment hunting, especially with...
  7. Can't access a shared network drive

Can't access a shared network drive: I have a Windows desktop system here to which I need to connect my two Windows laptops. Laptop1 connects fine but laptop2 returns an error to the effect that I need permission to access that system. But obviously I've done everything on the desktop system that needs to be...
  8. Accessing files in Network Sharing PC

Accessing files in Network Sharing PC: After Windows 10 May 2019 update, my access to files on my other network-connected computers has been limited. I can access the files using Quick Access and change to the desired folders but if I open Internet Explorer and try to open a file, the other computer is identified...
  9. Network Sharing File Access Problem

Network Sharing File Access Problem: I've been reviewing the simple folder sharing setup on my three Windows 10 PCs. I'm trying to share folders between three computers on the same network by right clicking the folder and giving access to Everyone without using a Home Group. All computers have Windows 10 Pro (PC...
  10. Cannot access shared network drive

Cannot access shared network drive: On my desktop (AKA S4, currently running Win8.1 x64 pro) I have shared out four of the hard drives with full permissions. I have 5 PCs in my network and all can access the four drives. My sister is visiting and currently accessing my network via cat5 wire. On her PC (running...