Windows 10: Is it possible to access an another exe file from the custom shell launcher?

Discus and support Is it possible to access an another exe file from the custom shell launcher? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am working with windows custom shell launcher v2. I have configured everything and it works completely fine.First of all, the given definition of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lakshmangiri, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Is it possible to access an another exe file from the custom shell launcher?

Hi, I am working with windows custom shell launcher v2. I have configured everything and it works completely fine.First of all, the given definition of custom shell launcher v2 is that it will replace the explorer.exe with the customshellapplication.exei.e the application that I want to open. Till here it is working completely fine. But, my requirement is that I want to open another executable file from the custom shell. Let say, I have a button in my custom shell application, and pressing that button will execute another application.For example: Let say the application I want to open from t

:)

lakshmangiri, Jul 29, 2021

2. Shell Launcher launching the IE as a custom shell for a non-administrator user

Hi everyone,

same problem here with Windows 10 Enterprise and Shell Launcher launching the IE as a custom shell for a non-administrator user.

Is there a solution?

Regards

Manfred

ManfredPohlemann, Jul 29, 2021
  3. Restrict Task Manager access in kiosk mode

I have an application which is meant to be used in kiosk mode. I have tried the shell launcher method for this purpose with reference to the below link Shell
    Launcher
    . And its working as expected, but if go for Ctrl+ALT+Delete i can able to access task manager which in turns enables the explorer. but this is not desirable behavior, i need to restrict all
    windows explorer access,( I want to use only my app with in that user account, i need access to switch user or shut down with ctrl+alt+delete ) Is that possible? Can anyone guide me? have an application
    which is meant to be used in kiosk mode. I have tried the shell launcher method for this purpose with reference to the below link Shell
    Launcher
    . And its working as expected, but if go for Ctrl+ALT+Delete i can able to access task manager which in turns enables the explorer. but this is not desirable behavior, i need to restrict all
    windows explorer access,( I want to use only my app with in that user account, i need access to switch user or shut down with ctrl+alt+delete ) Is that possible? Can anyone guide me?

kanimozhiKP, Jul 29, 2021
  4. bm00 Win User

Is it possible to access an another exe file from the custom shell launcher?

Can no longer change default shell from explorer.exe to custom

Yes my bad. Totally jumped in without fully reading for content. And yes, with 2 other PC's with same Windows version number launching a new instance of file explorer starts the desktop. Attached is the screenshots of details view. I do not see any instances of explorer.exe present.

Is it possible to access an another exe file from the custom shell launcher? [​IMG]

Is it possible to access an another exe file from the custom shell launcher? [​IMG]

Thema:

Is it possible to access an another exe file from the custom shell launcher?

1. Is it possible to access an another exe file from the custom shell launcher? - Similar Threads - possible access another

2. How to connect to a Wi-Fi network from a Custom shell launcher?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect to a Wi-Fi network from a Custom shell launcher?: Hello,I am currently working on establishing a connection with a Wi-Fi network from a custom shell launcher. I have configured my machine with a custom shell launcher which will only open the application that I have loaded. The application needs an internet connection...
  3. How to connect to a Wi-Fi network from a Custom shell launcher?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to connect to a Wi-Fi network from a Custom shell launcher?: Hello,I am currently working on establishing a connection with a Wi-Fi network from a custom shell launcher. I have configured my machine with a custom shell launcher which will only open the application that I have loaded. The application needs an internet connection...
  4. How to connect to a Wi-Fi network from a Custom shell launcher?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Custom Shell Launcher V2 Black Screen Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Shell Launcher V2 Black Screen Error: Hi Friends,I have been working with Custom Shell Launcher V2. I have my Windows 10 Enterprise OS installed in my system. Then, I have configured the custom shell which will run the application that I have triggered in the Custom Shell. All are working as expected without any...
  6. Custom Shell Launcher V2 Black Screen Error

Custom Shell Launcher V2 Black Screen Error: Hi Friends,I have been working with Custom Shell Launcher V2. I have my Windows 10 Enterprise OS installed in my system. Then, I have configured the custom shell which will run the application that I have triggered in the Custom Shell. All are working as expected without any...
  7. Custom Shell Launcher V2 Black Screen Error

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows custom shell launcher is not detecting Arduino.

Windows custom shell launcher is not detecting Arduino.: Hi All,I have been working with windows custom shell launcher to launch a particular application. The custom launcher works perfectly. But, in my application, I wanted to communicate with the Arduino board. I am using the Intel NUC board where the custom shell launcher is...
  9. Is that possible to create a custom Launcher Screen for Windows 10?

Is that possible to create a custom Launcher Screen for Windows 10?: Hi everyone, For Android OS, there is a ruge list of tutorials and docs of how to create custom launcher screen for Android. But for Windows, I could not find any good hint. What I've seen is some third-party apps, like skins, themes dock bars applications. It's not what...
  10. launching apps from custom shell?

launching apps from custom shell?: I am using win 10 as the base for an htpc. My plan was to change the shell from explorer.exe to kodi.exe for a more seamless experience, no background no notifications etc. This works great except that if I try to launch any apps, Netflix and Perfect Tube, I get the error,...