Windows 10: Is it possible to activate same licence after changing hardware specs?

Discus and support Is it possible to activate same licence after changing hardware specs? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ladies and Gentlemen. Just a quick question. Ive added some harddrives to my setup so no major changes in PC configuration. Will i still be able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by David Schreiner, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Is it possible to activate same licence after changing hardware specs?

Ladies and Gentlemen.

Just a quick question.

Ive added some harddrives to my setup so no major changes in PC configuration.

Will i still be able to automatically activate Windows?

Getting some strange behaviour lately like buttons from the right click menu on the task bar getting stuck.

Want to reinstall to check that is not a faulty piece of hardware.

Greetings and have a really nice new year of 2021

David

:)

David Schreiner, Dec 29, 2020

2. Activation after reinstall with major hardware change not possible

Hi,

I did a major hardware change on my desktop pc (Motherboard, Ram, CPU, SSD). During this I did also do a clean install of Win 10 Pro.

As many Internet Sites suggested I did an slmgr /upk on my old installation before the reinstallation.

I did enter my product key during the installation. But now it is not possible to activate my windows installation.

In the activation troubleshooter when I click "I did change hardware" only my old installation is listed (different hostname). I am using the same microsoft account for login as on the old installation.

Due to my work times its hard to get in touch with the phone support during bussiness hours.

I hope you can help me.

Alexander Rabenstein

AlexanderRabenstein, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Activation troubles after hardware chnage

Here's what happened:

• Linked my Windows 10 Pro Licence to my Microsoft account.
    • Switched out to a new motherboard, new install linked to my Microsoft account.
    • Activation has failed, (Error Code: 0xC004C003) when I try to troubleshoot:
      • Press I recently changed hardware on this device
      • Select the old computer in my Microsoft account
      • Says unable to reactivate windows - try again later - and links to here:
      • Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
      • I've been through it nothing is relevant or helps
    • Have been trying for 3 days now - still not activated.
    Anyone got any ideas or suggestions on what I can do?

Thanks

TobiasPreston, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Nummer_1 Win User

Is it possible to activate same licence after changing hardware specs?

hardware change after July, 29 2016 with the same Win10 licence possible?

Hello community,

I am on Win8.1Pro now. This licence was a WinXP purchased in a shop (german Systembuilder-Version). Then Upgraded to Win8.0Pro within a 30€ upgrade offer. I´m in the "Retail Channel" (if i look at "Win-R" shortcut and type: "slmgr.vbs -dli").

I would like to upgrade to Win10 before the upgrade offer ends.

Will it be possible to change the hardware (Mainboard and Harddrive) after July, 29 2016?

Will I then be able to activate my Win10 licence on that new hardware?

Will I be able to change Hardware as often as I want to?

I ´ve read this similar post already:

Hardware Change And Windows 10 Activation After July 29

It says it should be no problem. But I´m not sure because the answer may depend on different cases.

Since there is no official answer from Microsoft I would apreciate a statement in this thread.

Thanks in advance

Nummer_1, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to activate same licence after changing hardware specs?

1. Is it possible to activate same licence after changing hardware specs? - Similar Threads - possible activate same

2. how to activate a digital licence after changing the hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to activate a digital licence after changing the hardware: i've been attempting to get my digital licence to work on my new computer but isn't working, tried using the slmgr commands and still dont have success, tried to uninstall from the original device and now isn't even showing on the troubleshoot...
  3. how to activate a digital licence after changing the hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to activate a digital licence after changing the hardware: i've been attempting to get my digital licence to work on my new computer but isn't working, tried using the slmgr commands and still dont have success, tried to uninstall from the original device and now isn't even showing on the troubleshoot...
  4. how to activate a digital licence after changing the hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Digital licence and hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital licence and hardware change: Hi,I have made hardware changes and reinstalled windows. I accidentally removed the previous build/PC from my devices in my microsoft account. Now I cannot activate the new build. How can I fix this?Nic...
  6. Digital licence and hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Digital licence and hardware change: Hi,I have made hardware changes and reinstalled windows. I accidentally removed the previous build/PC from my devices in my microsoft account. Now I cannot activate the new build. How can I fix this?Nic...
  7. Digital licence and hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Digital licence activation post hardware change

Digital licence activation post hardware change: I switched out my hardware on a pc with a digital license and now it wont activate, the old device is still registered in my account devices. also the help is completely useless once I get to the talk to someone section as it refuses to accept my contact number which is...
  9. Is it possible to change Windows key under same licence

Is it possible to change Windows key under same licence: Is it possible to replace old key and get new key ?I want to change my windows license key. I want to submit my old key and request new key. Is Microsoft allowed replace key,under sane license?...
  10. Windows activation not possible after hardware change

Windows activation not possible after hardware change: What can I do. Windows 10 will not activate after motherboard change. < Moved to English forum > https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-not-possible-after-hardware/09bfbe62-b204-4b83-8d1a-6e849ec0e042"