Windows 10: Is it possible to activate windows with just the install disk?

Discus and support Is it possible to activate windows with just the install disk? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently bought a refurbished computer advertised as having windows preinstalled. I received a computer with an unactivated version of windows 10 pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BigBoi4672, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Is it possible to activate windows with just the install disk?

I recently bought a refurbished computer advertised as having windows preinstalled. I received a computer with an unactivated version of windows 10 pro 64 but and an install disk. The product key on the case threw an error and through command prompt also gave an error. Any help would be appreciated as i cant afford to buy a new copy of windows.

:)

BigBoi4672, Aug 10, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 10, 2020
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Is it possible to activate windows with just the install disk?

Windows activation, problem anticipation...

I bought a hard-disk to replace the faulty one in my Pentium 4 rig, which has OEM XP Home.

Now the last time I did a clean XP install I had to call MS and they gave me automated numbers to input to re-activate.

Just in case, that this time I have to speak to a human, will they be accepting to re-activate if I tell them (the truth) that I have changed the hard disk?

Or would you suggest something else? *Oh Well Is it possible to activate windows with just the install disk? :eek:hwell:

Thank you.

Black Panther, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to activate windows with just the install disk?

1. Is it possible to activate windows with just the install disk? - Similar Threads - possible activate install

2. Activating Windows via an installation disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows via an installation disk: To whom it may concern,I have recently changed the motherboard in my desktop computer. I have received a message which says 'Windows isn't activated'. When I check my computer details, it states that there is no digital license linked to the computer so as a result, I might...
  3. Activating Windows via an installation disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating Windows via an installation disk: To whom it may concern,I have recently changed the motherboard in my desktop computer. I have received a message which says 'Windows isn't activated'. When I check my computer details, it states that there is no digital license linked to the computer so as a result, I might...
  4. Is it possible to install windows onto a partition of an external hard disk.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to install windows onto a partition of an external hard disk.: The software I use(Win to USB), gives me the option to select the whole drive (I have files on the other partitions) for formatting the disk, it does not give an option to select individual partitions. So my question is do I need the whole disk or is it possible to install...
  5. Installation not possible - just "automatic repair", but HD is empty

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation not possible - just "automatic repair", but HD is empty: Hi. I try to install Windows 10 on my PC, the Hard Disk is new and empty. Downloaded the latest ISO and made a bootable USB-Stick with Rufus. When I start the PC it starts the "Automatic repair", no installation possible. But the HD is empty, what does it want to repair?...
  6. windows activation after new hard disk installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows activation after new hard disk installation: i had replaced and installed a new hard disk after the old one crashed, now there appears to be a message after logging in the system " ypur windows licence will expire soon". i had downloaded a copy from microsoft and had subsequently logged into the microsoft account so...
  7. Windows activation disk

Windows activation disk: I lost my windows activation disk and i'm sad. I left it in another state so I cant get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-disk/a407c889-1dc0-4ad8-a38e-a31bb1b0aaf4
  8. Multiple Active Windows - Is it possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Active Windows - Is it possible?: Hello, As the title states... Is it possible to have Windows 10 think two windows (apps) are active simultaneously on the same system? I often find myself doing multiple things when working. One of the apps I use wants to be the "active" windows though it works while it's...
  9. Possible to clean install w10pro without activation?

Possible to clean install w10pro without activation?: I used the media creation tool to get a w10 iso. Apparently there used to be an option select pro vs home, but no longer. During install when I skip activation, it installs the home version. Do I have to activate to get the choice of pro vs home, or is there a way around...
  10. Use Hard Drive on hot swap as installation disk. Possible?

Use Hard Drive on hot swap as installation disk. Possible?: Hi, My Flash Drive's missing so I've thought about this idea. I have a spare HDD that I connect to an external (which emulates a flash drive. Every time I remove the HDD from it I make sure it is removed safely from my PC just like we do with a flash drive). I am...