Windows 10: Is it possible to add a folder to the start menu tiles?

Discus and support Is it possible to add a folder to the start menu tiles? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to add my Screenshots folder to the "productivity" section of the start menu. Like this: https://i.imgur.com/JOHh91y.jpg It doesn't let me add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BigEmu9286, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Is it possible to add a folder to the start menu tiles?

I want to add my Screenshots folder to the "productivity" section of the start menu. Like this:

https://i.imgur.com/JOHh91y.jpg

It doesn't let me add it anywhere in the start menu though. I've googled around and still don't know if windows allows you to do that.

Does anybody know if it's possible?

submitted by /u/BigEmu9286
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BigEmu9286, Jul 20, 2022
  2. Edwin Win User

Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?

Apparently not, the option is so freaking quirky!
    I have to set them in the preferred order manually as well.
    Suggest: create a List folder of your own as per screenshot (left side)

Is it possible to add a folder to the start menu tiles? [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 20, 2022
  3. Studi1234 Win User
    Title for Start Menu Tiles folder

WIN 10 offers the possibility of creating start menu tiles folders. That's great.

- Unfortunately, we cannot set a title per tiles folder. It' s pity ...

- When will MS make this small, but really useful next design step (that Google offers since quite a while)?

Studi1234, Jul 20, 2022
  4. Aakster Win User

Is it possible to add a folder to the start menu tiles?

Give Office 2016 Start Menu Tiles Colored Backgrounds

After upgrading to Office 2016, I have noticed that the start menu tiles lost their colorful backgrounds and were reverted back to the accent color. Here is how to fix that so the tiles have colored backgrounds.

This guide shows you go to go from this:
    Attachment 113103
    To this:
    Attachment 113105

Step 1
    Navigate to your Start Menu folder
    Typically can be found at: "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"

Step 2
    Find the shortcut for one of the Office suite apps and rename it to anything you want.

Step 3
    Reopen the Start Menu, the page will refresh and the tile will now be colored (assuming you have pinned it on the front page)

Step 4 (Optional)
    Rename the shortcut back to its original name, the tile will still remain colored.

Enjoy *Wink

Aakster, Jul 20, 2022
Thema:

Is it possible to add a folder to the start menu tiles?

1. Is it possible to add a folder to the start menu tiles? - Similar Threads - possible add folder

2. Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10: When I click Start, I see an app under "Most used". I want to add the app as a tile to the Start menu. When I right-click it, there is no option to pin it to the Start menu. There is only an option to unpin it.I can I add the app as a tile on the Start menu?...
  3. Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10: When I click Start, I see an app under "Most used". I want to add the app as a tile to the Start menu. When I right-click it, there is no option to pin it to the Start menu. There is only an option to unpin it.I can I add the app as a tile on the Start menu?...
  4. Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Add application to Start menu, but not tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Add application to Start menu, but not tiles: [ATTACH] When you pin an application to the start menu, it also adds the application to the tiles. Like in the picture below https://preview.redd.it/ia2zh6rdk2d61.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=026fb361d127c160bb479a84f7a6f4f04d60bb55 But I don't like tiles, so...
  6. is it possible to search for folders in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is it possible to search for folders in the start menu?: For example, I have a folder called "Asus" in my start menu that has about 8 asus apps in it. I want to be able to search for "Asus" in the search bar to get to it quicker (not having to click the start button and scroll down), but the search bar finds nothing for "Asus". It...
  7. Start Menu Folder Tiles moving on their own

Start Menu Folder Tiles moving on their own: Every now and then I open my start menu and folders such as the ones labeled I, W and V below have moved far below where I put them. Sometimes they end up overlapping. I wondered if I just somehow moved them by accident I'm pretty sure I didn't and other strange things happen...
  8. how to add an exe to the start menu as a tile.

in Windows 10 Support
    how to add an exe to the start menu as a tile.: I want to add exe's to the start menu as tiles. This also includes word templates that I have created. 113409
  9. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  10. Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?: This has been a long standing issue for me in Windows 10 so I am wondering if there is a trick or some 3rd party program that will allow you to sort a section of tiles alphabetically like you would do with a folder in explorer. For example, I have a tile folder called Games...