Windows 10: Is it possible to add/spoof usb device IDs?

Discus and support Is it possible to add/spoof usb device IDs? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I found this question after plugging my Yeti mic into a different port and it registering as a Yeti Mic 2 thus messing up my configurations. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_driveslow, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Is it possible to add/spoof usb device IDs?

So I found this question after plugging my Yeti mic into a different port and it registering as a Yeti Mic 2 thus messing up my configurations. This happened to other devices too since I was cleaning my case and removed all plugged in accessories.

After reading that question, I'm wondering now if I could add IDs to generic devices so it recognizes it as the same device no matter the port?

To be transparent, this is all really new to me, so I hope it makes sense what the ask is here.

submitted by /u/_driveslow
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_driveslow, Jun 22, 2020

2. spoof email

I received an email supposedly from a contact indicating it was from Joe (not real name). On opening it, it was obvious it was a spoof. Needing to let Joe know about this I realised he wasn't in my "Mail" contacts list, but he was in my Thunderbird contacts
    list. I opened "Thunderbird" and informed him. Whilst I had Thunderbird open I decided to trace the ip route of the original email. That was when I found that Thunderbird had recognised it as a spoof and had sent it straight to my spam folder and had also
    removed the spoofed "from Joe" header in my inbox column, replacing it with the real sender. My questions are why can Thunderbird differentiate a spoof and Mail for windows can't. Was the
    "Fw: for all" in Mail spoofed from my email or Joe's as we are a group, and that is the usual header that only Joe uses?

Regards Rob

Rob Mcmahon, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    USB wireless mouse 'USB device not recognised'

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reason why this issue has occurred. We have some
    questions for your to isolate this matter:

• Have you tried using the USB mouse to other computer?

• Is this happening with other devices?

• What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you perform these methods of troubleshooting steps and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: Run the
    Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

To run the
    Troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update your drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Method 3:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 4:
    Run DISM Tool.  

To run
    DISM Tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel. 

Method 5: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

If the issue persists, it is possible that the
    device itself has issues. We suggest that you
    contact the store
    from where you
    bought the device.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Kem Mon, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Dice Vil Win User

Is it possible to add/spoof usb device IDs?

unknown device USB

Hi Ali,

In most cases, this issue can be caused by either an unstable/ corrupt USB controller or your computer's drivers need to be updated.

For us to isolate the possibilities, we suggest that you perform the following troubleshooting steps in succeeding order:

• Connect your USB drive to a different port. Alternatively, try to connect it to a different PC.
    • Connect a different USB drive to your PC.
    • Unplug your USB drive and restart your system. Afterwards, plug it in and see if it works. If the same issue occurs, perform a complete shutdown and wait for a few minutes before turning it on again.
    • Update your drivers.

If you find that the USB drive still doesn't work even after performing all these suggestions, this is most likely pointing to a hardware issue. Thus, it would be best to get in touch with your device manufacturer for a thorough check of the device.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to post back and let us know.

Dice Vil, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to add/spoof usb device IDs?

1. Is it possible to add/spoof usb device IDs? - Similar Threads - possible add spoof

2. Convert Device ID to Hostname or Possibly IP Address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert Device ID to Hostname or Possibly IP Address: Hello. Under About your PC I can find a workstation's Device ID. I was wondering if only presented with the Device ID of a workstation, can it somehow be converted to hostname, IP address, or MAC Address? Thanks....
  3. Convert Device ID to Hostname or Possibly IP Address

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Convert Device ID to Hostname or Possibly IP Address: Hello. Under About your PC I can find a workstation's Device ID. I was wondering if only presented with the Device ID of a workstation, can it somehow be converted to hostname, IP address, or MAC Address? Thanks....
  4. Convert Device ID to Hostname or Possibly IP Address

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. is it possible to assign a permanent USB address to a USB device?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is it possible to assign a permanent USB address to a USB device?: Hello, I've been googling this for an hour, but it seems I can't find the right solution. I have a microscope connected to the computer: - a USB2.0 cable for the "serial converter", which is used to control the microscope (stage movement and settings) - a USB3.0 cable for...
  6. Hwid Spoof

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hwid Spoof: Hi i used a hwid spoofer to get unbanned on fortnite but now i having extreme ping spikes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hwid-spoof/0a70a11b-c19a-4110-9afe-172ce703a218
  7. My laptop's device id changed !! Is it possible ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop's device id changed !! Is it possible ?: I bought my new laptop, lenovo legion 5i, a week back from now, and on the next day i faced battery drain problem . So i gave my laptop at lenovo service centre. There they said that battery was all good, but the problem was with operating system. At the time i gave in my...
  8. Spoofing devices to install inappropriate drivers?

Spoofing devices to install inappropriate drivers?: Is there any way to trick Windows 10 into installing a USB device as something other than what it is? I'm trying to spoof the Logitech G Hub software into thinking I have a certain piece of hardware plugged in (G560 LED speakers in this case) so that I can use its serial...
  9. Is it possible to hide/spoof the pc info that browsers read

Is it possible to hide/spoof the pc info that browsers read: I got an ad on chrome that listed all my pc’s info as a way to scare me into getting a vpn. Stuff like my cpu, gpu, ram, etc. Is there any way for me to prevent browsers from reading this info? submitted by /u/ryein-ryeout [link] [comments]...
  10. spoof email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    spoof email: I received an email supposedly from a contact indicating it was from Joe (not real name). On opening it, it was obvious it was a spoof. Needing to let Joe know about this I realised he wasn't in my "Mail" contacts list, but he was in my Thunderbird contacts list. I opened...