Windows 10: Is it possible to allow Cortana to float in desktop instead of docked at taskbar?

Discus and support Is it possible to allow Cortana to float in desktop instead of docked at taskbar? in Cortana to solve the problem; So as per title. I know that in the past you can get floating search bar and Cortana being immersed with search functionality, will also be floating.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ChunGoh0306, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Is it possible to allow Cortana to float in desktop instead of docked at taskbar?

So as per title. I know that in the past you can get floating search bar and Cortana being immersed with search functionality, will also be floating. However, since Cortana is now split from search bar, I only get a floating search bar, and Cortana is being docked to the taskbar. Is it possible to get Cortana floating also?

Thanks.

:)

ChunGoh0306, Jun 21, 2019
  2. Sanhime Win User

Dock or second taskbar in Win7 64bit?

I'm trying to find a way to add a 2nd taskbar (not toolbar) in Win7 64bit or a program (with 64bit support) that will add a dock/taskbar. Trying to add more bar(s) similar to how linux look/function. Any ideas?

Sanhime, Jun 21, 2019
  3. taskbar

Hi Roger,

Thank you for sharing this to the Microsoft Community. We suggest that you follow these steps for possible solution:

• Right-click on an empty area of the taskbar. If in tablet mode, hold your finger on the taskbar.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Toggle Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to on. You can also do the same for tablet mode.

In addition to that, you can follow the reply of johnhart061 on this
    thread for more information.

Let us know how it goes.

Marvin Barc, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Is it possible to allow Cortana to float in desktop instead of docked at taskbar?

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Is it possible to allow Cortana to float in desktop instead of docked at taskbar?

1. Is it possible to allow Cortana to float in desktop instead of docked at taskbar? - Similar Threads - possible allow Cortana

2. 'Floating' Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Floating' Taskbar: Win11 23H2 MAY be coming with a 'floating' taskbar somewhat like what is seen below. In this case, the Sys Tray can be seen by hovering at its location bottom-right corner.Cheers,Drew...
  3. 'Floating' Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Floating' Taskbar: Win11 23H2 MAY be coming with a 'floating' taskbar somewhat like what is seen below. In this case, the Sys Tray can be seen by hovering at its location bottom-right corner.Cheers,Drew...
  4. Please allow the taskbar in Windows 11 to dock on the left side of screen instead of the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please allow the taskbar in Windows 11 to dock on the left side of screen instead of the...: Please allow the taskbar in Windows 11 to dock on the left side of screen instead of the bottom as you could in previous versions of Windows. The autohide feature for the taskbar is not reliable and the taskbar on the bottom loses too much real estate. After two years I'm...
  5. Please allow the taskbar in Windows 11 to dock on the left side of screen instead of the...

Please allow the taskbar in Windows 11 to dock on the left side of screen instead of the...: Please allow the taskbar in Windows 11 to dock on the left side of screen instead of the bottom as you could in previous versions of Windows. The autohide feature for the taskbar is not reliable and the taskbar on the bottom loses too much real estate. After two years I'm...
  6. Floating taskbar in the middle of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Floating taskbar in the middle of the screen: Hello, below is an example of my problem:This is a duplicate taskbar that I cannot get rid of. I use an external monitor with my laptop, usually set to extend the laptop display - I will get three taskbars, one normal on my laptop, one normal on my monitor and a second one...
  7. Floating taskbar in the middle of the screen

Floating taskbar in the middle of the screen: Hello, below is an example of my problem:This is a duplicate taskbar that I cannot get rid of. I use an external monitor with my laptop, usually set to extend the laptop display - I will get three taskbars, one normal on my laptop, one normal on my monitor and a second one...
  8. taskbar floating

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar floating: Why my taskbar looks like floating? Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-floating/f1d00215-3150-4741-8ba9-b3a66b5d3fb3
  9. Floating Desktop Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Floating Desktop Icon: Ever since the installation of Win10 Build 18936 prerelease 190705-1333 I have an icon(This PC) on the upper left-hand corner of the desktop that moves from its spot after every reboot. I have changed the icon, move it manually and deleted and reinstalled. It is a Windows...
  10. Docking a Windows App to the Taskbar just opens This PC instead of the app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Docking a Windows App to the Taskbar just opens This PC instead of the app: Right-clicking it does give me a menu, but actually clicking on the PC icon there only brings up This PC. What could be the reason for that? https://i.imgur.com/6e6XxeQ.png I am running Fences, Start10, and DisplayFusion as well. This is Windows 10 Home Edition 64-bit...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dock cortana to desktop

2. cortana disable floating immersive