Windows 10: Is it possible to assign different networks to different apps?

Discus and support Is it possible to assign different networks to different apps? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Let's say I'm connected to a WiFi network and I want uTorrent to download some legal files using this network at full speed. At the same time, I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PleasantSport, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Is it possible to assign different networks to different apps?

Let's say I'm connected to a WiFi network and I want uTorrent to download some legal files using this network at full speed.

At the same time, I've USB tethered my phone to my PC to use my mobile data. I want to use this 4G network to browse on Chrome on my PC.

submitted by /u/PleasantSport
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PleasantSport, Dec 17, 2019

2. Is it possible to pin different apps on a taskbar on different virtual desktops in Windows 10?

Hi,

You can personalize the desktop of two computers by pinning the apps, documents and other programs to the taskbar.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you referring to dual screen desktop feature of the computer?
    • Do you want to personalize two different PC taskbars?

You can differ personalizing taskbar applications on different computers. You can either pin the same or differ the applications, programs or games on the computer taskbar according to the necessity.

To pin the apps to taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Click on Windows logo key on the keyboard to open
      Start menu
    • Right click on the app and select Pin to taskbar option from the context menu.
    • Close the window and check if the app is pinned to taskbar.

Refer to Get Started with Windows 10 Love it? Pin it and check if it helps.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of pinning apps to taskbar on two desktops in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 17, 2019
  3. tdubz Win User
    Assign different internet connections for different programmes?

Hello there,

I was wondering if it is possible to assign different internet connections for different programmes? I have 2 internet connections - 1. One that has very poor download & upload speeds but has a low ping and 2. another connection which has very fast download & upload speeds but has a very high ping. Is it possible to assign the first connection to gaming and the second connection to chrome for video streaming?

OR

Is it possible to combine them and use the ping from the first connection and use the download & upload speeds from the second connection?

Cheers,

tdubz, Dec 17, 2019
  4. drkh Win User

Is it possible to assign different networks to different apps?

Assign different network profiles (locations) for Ethernet and Wi-Fi

Hi,

I have tried to set my notebook to use the Private network profile (location) for Ethernet and use the Public network profile for Wi-Fi. But it turns out that it's impossible. When the network profile is changed for one of them, the other also changes automatically to use the same profile.

The notebook is connected to my ISP's broadband VTU-R with network cables. The private IP of the VTU-R is 192.168.1.1. The private IP of the notebook's network card is manually set to 192.168.0.4 (different segment) with the VTU-R being the default gateway.

The VTU-R also supports Wi-Fi. When Wi-Fi connection is established, the notebook obtains its Internet IP automatically.

Is it possible to assign different profiles for Ethernet and Wi-Fi respectively?

The OS of the notebook is Windows 10 Pro, version 1709, build 16299.402.

Thema:

Is it possible to assign different networks to different apps?

1. Is it possible to assign different networks to different apps? - Similar Threads - possible assign different

2. Is it possible to have different desktops on different computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to have different desktops on different computers?: I have one desktop that I use for games and heavier programs like fusion 360 as well as a laptop used for tuning my car and school. They both are signed into the same windows account and would like them to have different desktops. When I make a change on my laptop like...
  3. Is it possible to have different desktops on different computers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to have different desktops on different computers?: I have one desktop that I use for games and heavier programs like fusion 360 as well as a laptop used for tuning my car and school. They both are signed into the same windows account and would like them to have different desktops. When I make a change on my laptop like...
  4. Is it possible to have different desktops on different computers?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Different screen resolutions for different Users - Is this possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different screen resolutions for different Users - Is this possible?: Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me. I have a pc which I use for both work and gaming. When gaming I connect my pc to my tv (instead of my usual dual monitors for work). I'd love to be able login to my 'Gaming' user account and for the resolution to be...
  6. Is it possible to channel different Internet connections to different apps/games/programs?...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to channel different Internet connections to different apps/games/programs?...: Hello! This is probably a long shot. But is it possible (natively or via addons) to designate an internet connection to a specific piece of software/app/game? For example, can I have my desktop PC run off the ethernet connection? (everything) Yet force games to use my mobile...
  7. Assign different internet connections for different programmes?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Assign different internet connections for different programmes?: Hello there, I was wondering if it is possible to assign different internet connections for different programmes? I have 2 internet connections - 1. One that has very poor download & upload speeds but has a low ping and 2. another connection which has very fast download &...
  8. Different language in different apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different language in different apps: Hi, I just bought a computer and I noticed that some apps appear in a different language than the one I had set it up with. I speak 2 languages, spanish and korean, the computer is in spanish and I noticed that the notifications of my mail were in korean and also my...
  9. Calendar App in Windows 10 -- Assigning Colours to different accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Calendar App in Windows 10 -- Assigning Colours to different accounts: The Calendar app suddenly changed colors of all my calendars (including local and google accounts) to some incredibly awful acid colours. For some reason i cannot change colors of my calendars in settings -- at the first sync or input the system reverts to the same ugly...
  10. Assign different network profiles (locations) for Ethernet and Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Assign different network profiles (locations) for Ethernet and Wi-Fi: Hi, I have tried to set my notebook to use the Private network profile (location) for Ethernet and use the Public network profile for Wi-Fi. But it turns out that it's impossible. When the network profile is changed for one of them, the other also changes automatically to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can windows assign different internet connections to different applications