Windows 10: Is It Possible To Attach CAT5E RJ45 Connectors to Flat CAT7 Cable?

Discus and support Is It Possible To Attach CAT5E RJ45 Connectors to Flat CAT7 Cable? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi - I am trying to sort out my son's network cabling in a new extension to his property. He bought a 50mtr roll of Flat CAT7 cable which had what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rozel, Jul 9, 2020.

1. rozel Win User

Is It Possible To Attach CAT5E RJ45 Connectors to Flat CAT7 Cable?

Hi - I am trying to sort out my son's network cabling in a new extension to his property. He bought a 50mtr roll of Flat CAT7 cable which had what looked like gold-plated RJ45 connectors on each end. During the laying of the cable, from his router in another room, he cut them off and has asked me to see what I can do now that the cable has been laid to attach new connectors. From an old project at my property I have a Philex 76601HS Crimping tool and a box of 76110HS RJ45 Connectors and Boots. I looked last night and it seems the boots and connectors fit the flat cable but the Crimping tool and connectors are designed to be used with CAT5E cable.

My question is, if I use the connectors and boots and attach them to the CAT7 cable, will they work?

I appreciate that I'll probably only get CAT5E bandwidth throughput but if this is the case, then I know that will be more than adequate as the cable was bought for future-proofing given its non accessability now that it's been laid. And he's only going to use the network in his extension for Sky Q and his old PC which he uses for browsing alone. The extensive CAT5E cables in my property work very well indeed and I do a lot of heavy network video playback which is faultless.

So if I strip the outer sheaf off carefully, followed by careful removal of the outer shielding from the four pairs, to get the 8 wires into the connector (in the right order *Smile ) will I be good to go?

I hope some knowledgable person can answer please

roz

:)

rozel, Jul 9, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jul 9, 2020
  3. TairikuOkami, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Sinzia Win User

CAT7 cables worth it?

I use Cat7 when I'm going from my router up to the top floor of the house where there's a switch for my office. I use cat7 because it wasn't much more expensive, and it has the really nice metal reinforcements on the rj-45's.

I don't -need- cat7, but I did want the best cable for the job, since its in-wall. Otherwise, a good cat5e is more than adequate for home users.

Sinzia, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Is It Possible To Attach CAT5E RJ45 Connectors to Flat CAT7 Cable? - Similar Threads - Possible Attach CAT5E

2. An Ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends.."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An Ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends..": An Ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends.." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-ethernet-cable-looks-like-a-telephone-cable-but/1c89913c-10a3-429a-9a49-177d81a1db04
  3. An Ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends.."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An Ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends..": An Ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends.." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-ethernet-cable-looks-like-a-telephone-cable-but/1c89913c-10a3-429a-9a49-177d81a1db04
  4. "An Ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "An Ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends....: Hiya I have this problem when try to troubleshoot this comes up.I previously was using an Ethernet cable but I am now not i would like to use a WIFI connection when i attempt to conncect to a WIFI connection no Networks show up and when I troubleshoot for problems this come...
  5. "An Ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "An Ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends....: Hiya I have this problem when try to troubleshoot this comes up.I previously was using an Ethernet cable but I am now not i would like to use a WIFI connection when i attempt to conncect to a WIFI connection no Networks show up and when I troubleshoot for problems this come...
  6. "An Ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. "An Ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends.."

"An Ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends..": Recently my wifi has been bad, I am currently using wireless so I wanted to use Ethernet. After I hook up an Ethernet cable it does not work so I try the trouble shooter, and it tells me "An Ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends....
  8. Adaptador USB a RJ45

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adaptador USB a RJ45: Hola cuando inserto un adaptador usb a rj45 me pide ejecutar rtk_nic_driver_installer.sfx.exe donde lo puedo obtener? Muchas gracias https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adaptador-usb-a-rj45/4fce3c04-ac62-4d1b-adf7-e1287a8f8644
  9. chart graph cable connector names

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    chart graph cable connector names: need chart graph of cable connector names for hdd + ssd any good sites source of chart graph of cable connector names how do we know what are the names of the connector in the regular hdd? for example the name of the connector labeled on the drive itself ishelpful this is...
  10. Question about Cat5E cable

Question about Cat5E cable: Hi all I have two cat5E cables one of them works on all three devices I have laptop, PS3, and streaming Box. The other one works on laptop only. What are the reason that the other cable doesn't work on PS3 and streaming box. 121079