Windows 10: Is it possible to Audit Events of Process Resuming from Suspended state; for Task...

Discus and support Is it possible to Audit Events of Process Resuming from Suspended state; for Task... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I wish to create a scheduled task that is triggered by a process resuming from when it is "supsended" (like in the Task Manager status column... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AugustasT, Jul 14, 2018.

1. AugustasT Win User

Is it possible to Audit Events of Process Resuming from Suspended state; for Task...

Hello,

I wish to create a scheduled task that is triggered by a process resuming from when it is "supsended" (like in the Task Manager status column of the Processes tab).

I have created a task that is triggered by process creation by following these steps: https://superuser.com/questions/745318/how-to-start-a-program-when-another-one-is-started , however I wish to extend the event-triggering to include "Process Resume from Suspended".

Is this possible?

Kind Regards,
    Augustas T.

:)

AugustasT, Jul 14, 2018
  2. MSRadell Win User

Processes Becoming Suspended

The only process that I know cause the problem to become suspended is IE 11. When it becomes suspended I cannot minimize it nor opened another window on top of it. It happens sometimes while I'm using it.

It actually happened while I was writing this reply. I took a quick screenshot of the resource monitor which is attached. You can see that none of my research are becoming limited at all when this occurs.

I also can't use the resume command to un-suspend the process. I have to completely kill the process and restart IE when this happens.

Is it possible to Audit Events of Process Resuming from Suspended state; for Task... [​IMG]

MSRadell, Jul 14, 2018
  3. philc43 Win User
    Processes Becoming Suspended

Hello MSRandell,

Sorry it has taken a while to get back to you. I have run some tests with IE open and I do not get either of the 2 iexplore.exe processes suspending even after leaving my system idle for a while. If I close the IE window the iexplore.exe processes become terminated.

I believe as you have one suspended and it shows as having no threads you must have an app or process on your system which requires iexplorer.exe and it has failed in some way. It will be necessary to do some diagnostic investigation to track down the culprit. To do this you will need to use the Start-up tab in Task Manager to stop various programs starting until you find the one that causes it. If you like you can show a screenview of your Start-up tab and we can make some suggestions. You could also try the clean boot process as explained in the tutorial below:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...conflicts.html

philc43, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Is it possible to Audit Events of Process Resuming from Suspended state; for Task...

Suspended Microsoft processes

The following screenshots on my Windows 10 Task Manager show many Microsoft processes in a suspended Status. Can someone tell me why this is so, if it is detrimental to my PC performance, if there are other issues I need to take a look at and how to get
    these resolved?

anildsouza, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

Is it possible to Audit Events of Process Resuming from Suspended state; for Task...

1. Is it possible to Audit Events of Process Resuming from Suspended state; for Task... - Similar Threads - possible Audit Events

2. Not Able To Resume the Suspended Process In Resource Monitor.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not Able To Resume the Suspended Process In Resource Monitor.: hiii, i have recently reinstalled my 'Radeon Software' and when i start it nothing happens. So, i look into resource monitor to end its related task. Then i saw a the 'RadeonSoftware.exe' suspended. i tried to resume it but it shows ''Acess denied'' error.please, help me...
  3. Not Able To Resume the Suspended Process In Resource Monitor.

Not Able To Resume the Suspended Process In Resource Monitor.: hiii, i have recently reinstalled my 'Radeon Software' and when i start it nothing happens. So, i look into resource monitor to end its related task. Then i saw a the 'RadeonSoftware.exe' suspended. i tried to resume it but it shows ''Acess denied'' error. please, help me...
  4. Unable to resume suspended process

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to resume suspended process: Hello, I'm unable to resume a suspended process. When I try with resource monitor, process hacker/explorer, it says Access denied. Process is Waves NX. After the update the default audio devices were mixed up. Other Waves NX processes work, and the software itself works with...
  5. Command to suspend/resume the process sppsvc.exe?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command to suspend/resume the process sppsvc.exe?: Generally, my Windows 10 laptop's fan spins profusely, and CPU usage jumps, at random intervals. I've targeted the sppsvc.exe process "Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service" as the culprit (I hate Windows). What I tend to do is painstakingly bring up the Resource...
  6. Processes Remain in Suspended State - Only Close from Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Processes Remain in Suspended State - Only Close from Task Manager: On Windows 10 whenever I close an application, it doesn't actually close but remains in a suspended state. I have to go into Task Manager to close the processes. For example, every evening after work I close everything on my PC. Then in the morning before I log in to my VPN,...
  7. Unable to resume process after suspending it in the resource monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to resume process after suspending it in the resource monitor: I am unable to resume process after suspending it. Its just not clickable and it doesnt light up like suspend process does in the beginning....
  8. Processes in Task master marked as suspended

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Processes in Task master marked as suspended: On 26th May a Microsoft screen appeared saying I had 3 viruses in my system and should click and run the scan shown. I did so but within 40 or so seconds realisesd web page was not Micrsoft but www.boretime.pro. I shutdown the browser and my laptop. On restarting used MacAfee...
  9. Resume/Suspend Process

Resume/Suspend Process: In task manager I suspended a few processes, but when I tried to resume them it wouldn't allow me to. Like, nothing happened, I tried to restart, and many other solutions, but nothing happened. Any other solutions or tips?...
  10. Backround Processes being suspended in Task Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Backround Processes being suspended in Task Manager: Whats going on do I have a virus on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/backround-processes-being-suspended-in-task/6e607239-7565-44c0-919f-0fea06dcdf05"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. who suspended process auditing