Windows 10: Is it possible to automate a sequence of task in windows?

Discus and support Is it possible to automate a sequence of task in windows? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We all regularly use window. Being a coder sometime we feel that we are repeating a set of task in windows everyday. Do windows provide us any way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by biswait50, May 2, 2019.

1. biswait50 Win User

Is it possible to automate a sequence of task in windows?

We all regularly use window. Being a coder sometime we feel that we are repeating a set of task in windows everyday.

Do windows provide us any way to achieve the same?

For example

After logging in

I would like to go a folder

Click a batch file in that folder

Delete a 20 day old log file in another folder

Open a software after that

:)

biswait50, May 2, 2019

2. Unable to import task sequence for x64 to in-place upgrade to Windows 10 by task sequence.

Original Title: Windows 10 In-Place Upgrade

I am trying Windows-10 In-Place upgrade by downloading the task sequence from the below Microsoft website and following the steps as mentioned in the site (Below is the link which I am referring to )

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us...ws-10-with-system-center-configuraton-manager

I am able to successfully import the task sequence for Windowsx86, but when I am trying to import the same task sequence for x64, it's tries replace the exiting package (TS)

• Is it possible to rename the package name in the script, if possible please let me know how to do this
    • After the windows10 migration, administrator account is disabled and not able to login to the system. What would be the solution for this ?

Vivek_7_RR, May 2, 2019
  3. VollCorn Win User
    Can the Windows 10 Pro free upgrade be automated using a MDT task sequence?

Can the Windows 10 Pro free upgrade be automated using a MDT task sequence? I have a number of customers who are using Windows 8 Pro and have a volume activation key. They want to take advantage of the Windows 10 Pro free upgrade for their end users and
    want the process automated using a MDT task sequence

VollCorn, May 2, 2019
  4. Is it possible to automate a sequence of task in windows?

Execute a command from SCCM Task sequence step "Run a Command line"

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

That will work indeed, however I need to run it from the SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step and I am not able to figure out how to do that.

Can we change line while executing command from SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step?

Regards

sccm_learner, May 2, 2019
Thema:

Is it possible to automate a sequence of task in windows?

1. Is it possible to automate a sequence of task in windows? - Similar Threads - possible automate sequence

2. Is it possible to automate printing on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to automate printing on Windows: Hi I am a Linux user.There are times when I need to print things, but I can't ever get printing to work properly on Linux and I can only print on Windows.Because of this, I want to use a windows PC as a print server. Now I know how this works and why I can't directly print...
  3. Is it possible to automate printing on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to automate printing on Windows: Hi I am a Linux user.There are times when I need to print things, but I can't ever get printing to work properly on Linux and I can only print on Windows.Because of this, I want to use a windows PC as a print server. Now I know how this works and why I can't directly print...
  4. SCCM Task sequence

SCCM Task sequence: When Creating an application task sequence and adding a general "Restart Computer" task, the computer wont restart automatically, I have to log into windows for the task to take effect. For debugging purposes this is an available task sequence but will be deployed as required...
  5. SCCM Task sequence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SCCM Task sequence: When Creating an application task sequence and adding a general "Restart Computer" task, the computer wont restart automatically, I have to log into windows for the task to take effect. For debugging purposes this is an available task sequence but will be deployed as required...
  6. Task Automation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Automation: HiI need to automate a number of tasks:1. I have a program that I use for stocks. It allows me to save data as a CSV. I need to automate the running of this program so it copies the data to a local folder.2. I have a data provider that provides data via SFTP. I need to...
  7. Task Automation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Automation: HiI need to automate a number of tasks:1. I have a program that I use for stocks. It allows me to save data as a CSV. I need to automate the running of this program so it copies the data to a local folder.2. I have a data provider that provides data via SFTP. I need to...
  8. Task Automation

9. Automate Tasks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automate Tasks: Hey, bit of a long shot but always worth a try. Pretty much I'm needing some software to automate repetitive tasks on a locked down work PC that can't have software installed. I'm assuming if it was possible the device or software would have to pretend it's a mouse or...
  10. Automation of tasks in Windows

Automation of tasks in Windows: Hi Guys, There is a specific task that I would like to automate on a laptop with Windows 10: The situation is as follows: .zip file is downloaded to folder Download. Now I want the following to happen automatically: 1. Extract the .zip file to folder Extracted 2....