Windows 10: Is it possible to backup a different PC with my Onedrive account?

Discus and support Is it possible to backup a different PC with my Onedrive account? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I have a OneDrive account with 1TB of storage. My friend wants to use my account He is trusted to backup his PC. Is it as simple as creating a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ThatUnknownDude, May 25, 2024.

1. Is it possible to backup a different PC with my Onedrive account?

So I have a OneDrive account with 1TB of storage. My friend wants to use my account He is trusted to backup his PC. Is it as simple as creating a shared folder for him or do I need to do something else? Thanks!

:)

ThatUnknownDude, May 25, 2024
  2. kernrsn Win User

W10 Mobile Lumia 830 Backup Not Being Saved to OneDrive

Thanks Chari San,

I understand I can not see what is contained in the backup stored on OneDrive, but I should see them listed. In my case there is not one being stored at all even though the phone reports it has backed up. See screenshots from OneDrive from my phone logged
    into the same account the phone is and the backup settings page above. Without the backup on OneDrive my restored phone will lose at least call history, start screen setup and installed app list from what I have found.

Step #2 is not displayed on the new phone. (How can it restore a backup that is not on OneDrive at all). It skips over that step and I get a default install on the new phone without my call history, start page or app history. I'm not sure what else I
    might be missing but for sure at least those 3 items do not come across.

How do I resolve this issue? Suggestions?

kernrsn, May 25, 2024
  3. scopio Win User
    Two OneDrive accounts question

In a small office we are in the process of renewing the main PC and have a query about OneDrive account.
    I did not realise that the older pc which is running Windows7 had a OneDrive folder and has Office Home and Student installed, the ISP IMAP email account is used to sign in to OneDrive 5Gb free account.

On the new pc running Windows 10 Pro and Office365 Personal with 1Tb OneDrive storage, this pc also has a OneDrive folder which is attached to the Microsoft Outlook.com Office 365 Personal account.

We will be transferring all data from old pc to new pc so my
    Questions are;

1. Can we keep the two OneDrive accounts? (With different sign in credentials)
    2. Which account would automatically use the OneDrive folder on the new pc?
    3. I assume that the best option would be to upload the data from the old pc OneDrive account folder to the new pc OneDrive account folder so that all OneDrive data is in the same account and OneDrive folder on the new pc. I am correct?

scopio, May 25, 2024
  4. Is it possible to backup a different PC with my Onedrive account?

Backup folder is not showing up on OneDrive settings.

On Windows 11, when I go into settings - accounts - it shows my OneDrive as backed up. When I actually log into OneDrive and look at the settings, the Backup tab is missing. I've tried all of the steps that are suggested including re-installing OneDrive but with no success. Thanks.

JamesCaracciolo, May 25, 2024
Thema:

Is it possible to backup a different PC with my Onedrive account?

1. Is it possible to backup a different PC with my Onedrive account? - Similar Threads - possible backup different

2. Is it possible to backup a different PC with my Onedrive account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to backup a different PC with my Onedrive account?: So I have a OneDrive account with 1TB of storage. My friend wants to use my account He is trusted to backup his PC. Is it as simple as creating a shared folder for him or do I need to do something else? Thanks!...
  3. How can I backup different folders on my computer to two separate OneDrive accounts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I backup different folders on my computer to two separate OneDrive accounts?: My PC is set up with my personal email.I want to backup the Desktop folder to my university's OneDrive and the Documents and Pictures to my personal OneDrive. However, I don't want to change the account email to my uni's email; I want it to stay as my personal email. How can...
  4. How can I backup different folders on my computer to two separate OneDrive accounts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I backup different folders on my computer to two separate OneDrive accounts?: My PC is set up with my personal email.I want to backup the Desktop folder to my university's OneDrive and the Documents and Pictures to my personal OneDrive. However, I don't want to change the account email to my uni's email; I want it to stay as my personal email. How can...
  5. Different user accounts with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Different user accounts with OneDrive: I am using Windows 10 with Onedrive and I am totally confused about my user / computer accounts.I have an Access database that references files on my primary machine at: C:\Users\David\OneDrive\Documents\My Files..On a secondary machine on a different network the files are...
  6. Different user accounts with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different user accounts with OneDrive: I am using Windows 10 with Onedrive and I am totally confused about my user / computer accounts.I have an Access database that references files on my primary machine at: C:\Users\David\OneDrive\Documents\My Files..On a secondary machine on a different network the files are...
  7. Different user accounts with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. OneDrive on PC different to OneDrive on web

OneDrive on PC different to OneDrive on web: On my PC in the 'Quick Access' I have a OnDrive icon and if I click on that it shows copies of all my files and folders that I sync.If I sign in on the Web, I can see my computer lister under my devices, but when I check the folders in OneDrive they are not in sync, so I'm...
  9. Onedrive one account two pc's different onedrive content

Onedrive one account two pc's different onedrive content: I expected that with one Onedrive account I would find the same Onedrive content when accessed from any device. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-one-account-two-pcs-different-onedrive/0faf8e2d-9752-44a0-89d0-77838bcacd21"
  10. Device &/or PC Backup to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Device &/or PC Backup to OneDrive: I'm running the latest version of Windows, on my SurfacePro 3, can I still backup this device to OneDrive? I've tried doing it by adding a network connection, but it doesn't seem to work, or accept the path. What am I doing wrong?...