Windows 10: Is it Possible to Batch Change Date & Time of File

Discus and support Is it Possible to Batch Change Date & Time of File in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have about 10,000 or so files that are either .mp4 or .jpg that all say they were created on the same day. I have all the timestamps in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shant1010, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Is it Possible to Batch Change Date & Time of File

Is it Possible to Batch Change Date & Time of File lQKBmhrIbTkd2DCNRdjZY6gplK6dQE-dMSg2bVqLJ_0.jpg

I have about 10,000 or so files that are either .mp4 or .jpg that all say they were created on the same day. I have all the timestamps in the filename in [year,month,day_hour,min,second.jpg/mp4] format. How can I transfer the date in the filename to metadata?

https://preview.redd.it/4sg63g6q10s...bp&s=7775179fc49f6d69c351df1a0f46cfe1ee878879

https://preview.redd.it/cs2lfn6q10s...bp&s=41cc95beff486f5d25ea07c1ad9241ed11664c71

submitted by /u/Shant1010
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shant1010, Oct 9, 2020
  2. Burce999 Win User

Batch file to current date and time

Dear expert.

Can you help me to batch file to change system date and time to current?

Best regards,

Burce999, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Date and Time Year is 3015 and can't change to 2015.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as manual. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to manual.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.

Restart your computer and try to change the date and time and check.

To change the date and time, follow the steps provided below.

• Go to Date and time settings.
    • First, turn of the set time automatic.
    • Then Click on Change button, under Change date and time.
    • Now set the date and time, and then restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Is it Possible to Batch Change Date & Time of File

Date and Time

Hi Roman,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to change the Date and Time format from Control Panel and check. Also select the time zone as UTC-5.00 Eastern Time.

After changing the setting, I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as automatic. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.
    Restart your computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Is it Possible to Batch Change Date & Time of File

1. Is it Possible to Batch Change Date & Time of File - Similar Threads - Possible Batch Change

2. Change date and time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change date and time: How do I change the date and time in Windows 11 so I can get the ciorrect date and time? According to this, it is July 19, 2022 and 3:07 PM when the reality is it is 11:08 PM July 18, 2022?So how can I chabge the date and time to reflect what is correct,...
  3. Change date and time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change date and time: How do I change the date and time in Windows 11 so I can get the ciorrect date and time? According to this, it is July 19, 2022 and 3:07 PM when the reality is it is 11:08 PM July 18, 2022?So how can I chabge the date and time to reflect what is correct,...
  4. Batch file not setting variables to DATE & TIME text valuse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Batch file not setting variables to DATE & TIME text valuse: Running the following batch script displays "downsecs = 1, DownStrtDate = and DownStrtTime =" Why are the variables DownStrtDate and DownStrtTime not properly set to the current date and time SET /A downsecs = 0 SET DownStrtDate = %DATE% SET DownStrtTime = %TIME% SET /A...
  5. Changing the Date and Time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the Date and Time: I have been trying to change the date for a while. Every time I go to Date & Time settings, it never says "Change" like it says on my friends' Windows. It just says "Sync"....
  6. Change date and TIME

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change date and TIME: Is there a way to organize a group of pictures to be in order by date and time? Specifically, I’d love to make the first picture be on a certain date at 12:00. I’d like the next picture to be at 12:01, the next pic at 12:02 and so on. I don’t want to manually do this for...
  7. Batch file to current date and time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Batch file to current date and time: Dear expert. Can you help me to batch file to change system date and time to current? Best regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-file-to-current-date-and-time/2c75b187-3561-4604-b9b5-218db993a6f6
  8. Batch backup & change write date

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch backup & change write date: I use a batch file to back up a directory, updating the same directory each week for a month. I then rename it to include the date "Allback180822" and archive it. Code: REM Backup of C:\All to Z:\Allbak xcopy C:\all\* Z:\Allbak\* /C /D /E /I /Y echo Done! cmd /k ::keep window...
  9. Enable Or Disable Change System Time And Date Using Batch file

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Enable Or Disable Change System Time And Date Using Batch file: hi, i want to disable the change time and date in windows ten using batch file, i am using this script to show and hide hidden file Code: @echo off REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /V Hidden /T REG_DWORD /D 0 /F taskkill /f /im...
  10. Include date in file created by batch file.

in Windows 10 Support
    Include date in file created by batch file.: How can I add to this batch command to include the date: xcopy C:\all\* Z:\Allbak\* /E /Y /C I'd like the resulting file to be named "Z:\Allbak171129" (yr mo day). The plan is to set up a task schedule to run the batch file every week. I want to keep several previous...