Windows 10: Is it possible to block Port 135 with Windows Firewall?

Discus and support Is it possible to block Port 135 with Windows Firewall? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The Remote Procedure Call Service in Windows runs on Port 135. By default this port is reported as 'Open' when I portscan the system in question. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Thelps, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Thelps Win User

Is it possible to block Port 135 with Windows Firewall?

The Remote Procedure Call Service in Windows runs on Port 135.

By default this port is reported as 'Open' when I portscan the system in question.

Is there a way to block this port, despite the fact it supports the Remote Procedure Call essential service? It would be especially helpful if someone knows how to secure this port using the built-in Windows Firewall.

Muchos gracias.

:)

Thelps, Oct 24, 2019
  2. Arctucas Win User

Windows Firewall blocking websites

I have blocked IP addresses, e.g. 255.255.255.255, not URLs, e.g. somewebsite.co m.

As far as unblocking, look at your Windows Firewall rules. Do you see anything that is blocked? If you do, click on the Scope tab and see what is listed there.

Arctucas, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Thelps Win User
    Blocked Ports in Firewall but TCPView says they're still in use.

So a program that is set by the access list of the Firewall to 'allowed' overrides specifically blocked ports?

Thelps, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Callender Win User

Callender, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Is it possible to block Port 135 with Windows Firewall? - Similar Threads - possible block Port

2. Why is Windows Defender Firewall blocking an inbound port?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows Defender Firewall blocking an inbound port?: I have Windows 11 and am using Xfinity as my ISP. I have port forwarded Port 2346 in my router.In Defender Firewall I have set up an Inbound Rule for Port 2346 to "Allow the connection."Defender Firewall is still blocking the port. I know it is Defender Firewall because if I...
  3. Why is Windows Defender Firewall blocking an inbound port?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Windows Defender Firewall blocking an inbound port?: I have Windows 11 and am using Xfinity as my ISP. I have port forwarded Port 2346 in my router.In Defender Firewall I have set up an Inbound Rule for Port 2346 to "Allow the connection."Defender Firewall is still blocking the port. I know it is Defender Firewall because if I...
  4. Windows firewall and ports

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows firewall and ports: Dear all I have some questions regarding Windows Firewall and Ports 1. How do I best close Ports in Windows? With the Outbound / Indbound firewall rules? 2. Deleting a rule is that the same as if is not activated? Or does it get activated when the App requests it? 3. League...
  5. Windows firewall and ports

Windows firewall and ports: Dear allI have some questions regarding Windows Firewall and Ports1.How do I best close Ports in Windows?With the Outbound / Indbound firewall rules?2.Deleting a rule is that the same as if is not activated?Or does it get activated when the App requests it?3.League of Legends...
  6. Nmap shows port 135 and 5357 open even after Firewall rule.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nmap shows port 135 and 5357 open even after Firewall rule.: So I tweaked the Windows Firewall rules but nmap still shows that port 135 (DCOM) and port 5357 (Network Discovery, which I also disabled in settings) is still open. How can I reliably shut these ports? Please help! submitted by /u/IramDei [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10 firewall won't open/blocks a port

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 firewall won't open/blocks a port: I already added a rule to the firewall with the port I want to be open. I added it as both TCP and UDP. It just doesn't work. When I disable windows firewall, the port is open. Why is that? Here's the exact procedure I did. Opened Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced...
  8. Firewall blocking port forwards regardless of rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall blocking port forwards regardless of rules: I cannot port forward to host a server, everything was working fine about a month ago but I never hosted anything between that time and now its broken. I installed Kaspersky within that time period and I think that might have something to do with it but its completely...
  9. Firewall Settings am I Secure? Ports 135, 139, 445

Firewall Settings am I Secure? Ports 135, 139, 445: I feel these settings are not correct or SAFE in my Windows Firewall. I just recently took my laptop in to computer repair tech. due to our computer acting funky, thinking we may have a virus or been hijacked again. Can someone please tell me if this looks right. I dont think...
  10. Firewall Settings am I Secure? Ports 135, 139, 445

in Windows 10 Support
    Firewall Settings am I Secure? Ports 135, 139, 445: I feel these settings are not correct or SAFE in my Windows Firewall. I just recently took my laptop in to computer repair tech. due to our computer acting funky, thinking we may have a virus or been hijacked again. Can someone please tell me if this looks right. I dont think...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. block port 135 windows 10

2. windows port 135