Windows 10: Is it possible to block the system from changing a registry key?

Discus and support Is it possible to block the system from changing a registry key? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. I followed this tutorial for changing the color of the top bar to black without changing it in other areas like the start menu. And it works, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/noro_lim_asfaloth, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Is it possible to block the system from changing a registry key?

Hi. I followed this tutorial for changing the color of the top bar to black without changing it in other areas like the start menu.

And it works, but when I open some apps Windows changes it automatically, so I have to deny access to "set value" for the DWM in the registry (for every account, including SYSTEM). This is great and works while my PC is turned on, but when I restart it somehow changes the registry to default, and I have to do it again, firstly allowing permission, then logout/login and changing the register.

This is a pain in the ass, is there a way to fully lock these particular registry keys(AccentColo, AccentColorInactive)?

submitted by /u/noro_lim_asfaloth
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/noro_lim_asfaloth, Jul 19, 2020

2. Install of SDK Certificates on ATT Tilt Blocked

I couldn't find the script i had created but if you have a registry editor for the tilt you can follow the following steps if not the I suggest resco registry editor which can be found at handango.com. Its not a free program but you can download the 30-day
    trial and since all you need to do is modify a registry entry and unless you do a hard reset you won't have to do it again.

• find HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies.
    [*]
    • Change the following registry items:

• 00001001 overwrite the 2 with 1

• 00001005 overwrite the 16 with 40

• 00001017 overwrite the 128 with 144

• Now, it is possible to download the certificate from the server and install

hchavarria, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Frogger Win User
    Modded Registry. Want Old Back....

did you try this

To restore the registry
    Open Registry Editor.
    Click Options, and then click Print to print these instructions. (If you are using the Help and Support Center, click Print above the topic area.) They will not be available after you shut down your computer in step 2.
    Click Start, and then click Shut Down.
    In the list, click Restart, and then click OK.
    When you see the message Please select the operating system to start, press F8.
    Use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.
    NUM LOCK must be off before the arrow keys on the numeric keypad will function.

Use the arrow keys to highlight an operating system, and then press ENTER.
    Caution

Incorrectly editing the registry may severely damage your system. Before making changes to the registry, you should back up any valued data on your computer.
    Notes

To open Registry Editor, click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
    Choosing Last Known Good Configuration provides a way to recover from problems such as a newly added driver that may be incorrect for your hardware. It does not solve problems caused by corrupted or missing drivers or files.
    When you choose Last Known Good Configuration, Windows restores information in registry key HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet only. Any changes you have made in other registry keys remain.

Frogger, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

Is it possible to block the system from changing a registry key?

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to block the system from changing a registry key?

1. Is it possible to block the system from changing a registry key? - Similar Threads - possible block system

2. How to block registry keys which are associated with IOC's

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to block registry keys which are associated with IOC's: Hello Team,Hope you are well !I want to put some registry keys in the block mode onto my MDATP console which are associated with the IOC or part of some sort of breach.Can anyone please help me how to do so, i tried going to configuration manager in MSATP but unable to do...
  3. protect specific registry key from change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    protect specific registry key from change: hello everyone. many somebody know if ti possible and how - to prevent specific registry key from change, rename delete and etc? many thanks in advance. 174450
  4. Registry keys registry keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry keys registry keys: Where can I customize the file type/extension icon? John 137822
  5. Change registry value in dynamically created registry key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change registry value in dynamically created registry key: Hello, I need find a way to disable the onboard microphone on a number of Windows 10 laptops I am imaging via SCCM OSD. After a lot of research it seems the best way to do this is by changing a registry value that controls whether the mic is enabled or disabled. I've...
  6. Change Registry-Key with Powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Registry-Key with Powershell: Hi Forum I have a Problem with changing Registry-Keys with PowerShell. I use the following entry: $path "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\UserChosenExecuteHandlers \StorageOnArrival" Set-ItemProperty -Path $path -Name Default -Value...
  7. Change Registry-Key with Powershell

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Change Registry-Key with Powershell: Hi Forum I have a Problem with changing Registry-Keys with PowerShell. I use the following entry: $path "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\UserChosenExecuteHandlers \StorageOnArrival" Set-ItemProperty -Path $path -Name Default -Value...
  8. enable system restore registry key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    enable system restore registry key: Do someone know if it is posible to enable system restore with registry key in windows 10 ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-system-restore-registry-key/9e34679f-12cd-4433-8750-3bdce6f7f360
  9. Remapping key FROM REGISTRY

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remapping key FROM REGISTRY: My 'delete' key doesn't work anymore. I'd like to remap it to the 'insert' key. I've tried EVERY. SINGLE. Third party program. I've tried Microsoft's program for remapping. None have worked. I want to go straight through the registry so I can do ctrl-alt-del. I haven't...
  10. Strange Registry Key- Possible spyware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange Registry Key- Possible spyware: I was looking through regedit and was this key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\·ÎÄà ÀÀ¿ë ÇÁ·Î±×·¥ ¸¶¹ý»ç¿¡¼* »ý¼ºÇÑ ÀÀ¿ë ÇÁ·Î±×·¥ I believe its some spyware. I need advice on how to deal with it Thank you 53977