Windows 10: Is it possible to bring back a Win 10 bootable HDD without formatting?

Discus and support Is it possible to bring back a Win 10 bootable HDD without formatting? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I had to change laptops and swapped their hard drives and because of this, I had to install win 10 again using a bootable usb drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tsilva, Jun 16, 2018.

1. tsilva Win User

Is it possible to bring back a Win 10 bootable HDD without formatting?

Hello!

I had to change laptops and swapped their hard drives and because of this, I had to install win 10 again using a bootable usb drive.

Unfortunately, I didn't have any usb drive with a decent size and I had to use my external hard drive (where I had some tv shows inside) for the bootable usb with Win 10.

Is it possible to make it a normal hard drive again without formatting (and not lose my original content)?

Thanks in advance!

:)

tsilva, Jun 16, 2018
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jun 16, 2018
  3. How to format a MAC HDD to WIN NTFS using WIN 10

How to format a MAC HDD to WIN NTFS using WIN 10?

Is there an easy way to do it with the WIN 10 tools?

MartinFalk_DE, Jun 16, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Is it possible to bring back a Win 10 bootable HDD without formatting? - Similar Threads - possible bring bootable

2. I made my External HDD as bootable without formatting, does that data is lost now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I made my External HDD as bootable without formatting, does that data is lost now?: So, I made my external HDD as a bootable but didn't format anything and now it's showing only 30GB out of 2TB.What should I do to revert back to normal and is it possible that my existing is not lost? any solution for this.I haven't even booted through it any way to get that...
  3. I made my External HDD as bootable without formatting, does that data is lost now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I made my External HDD as bootable without formatting, does that data is lost now?: So, I made my external HDD as a bootable but didn't format anything and now it's showing only 30GB out of 2TB.What should I do to revert back to normal and is it possible that my existing is not lost? any solution for this.I haven't even booted through it any way to get that...
  4. I made my External HDD as bootable without formatting, does that data is lost now?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. clean installation windows 10 without usb bootable drive. is it possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    clean installation windows 10 without usb bootable drive. is it possible?: i have the .iso ready. i just want to perform windows installation from 0, i dont want to upgrade current windows. i want a complete installation like a new machine without os. submitted by /u/alice_zero [link] [comments]...
  6. How to bring back Win 10 menu bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to bring back Win 10 menu bar: All of a sudden my WIN 10 menu bar file edit view etc disappeared and so did my bookmark bars. How do I bring them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-bring-back-win-10-menu-bar/088373d2-b8fe-4cf3-b86b-78fdd53b4a3c
  7. Making Laptop's Internal HDD Bootable WITHOUT FORMATTING

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Making Laptop's Internal HDD Bootable WITHOUT FORMATTING: I have a SSD with bad health which is my default bootloader. I can not replace the SSD at the moment. Is it possible to make my laptop's internal HDD bootable without having to format it ?...
  8. How to bring back Photo Viewer Behaviour in Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to bring back Photo Viewer Behaviour in Win 10: Hi guys, I just want to ask whether it is possible to bring back a certain behaviour from win 7,8 on Photo Viewer to win 10. [img] From the image I uploaded, Win 7-8 would open all images on selected items+selected folders(wallpaper and zGa Jelas) on the photo viewer....
  9. Remove pre-installed Win boot partition without formatting whole HDD?

Remove pre-installed Win boot partition without formatting whole HDD?: I bought a new PC which only come with a 2TB HDD with Windows preinstalled. (also has a Windows recovery partition) I decided to put in a 128gb SSD and installed Windows 10 on it. I kept the 2TB HDD for storage or my documents and photos. I made a 1TB partition,...
  10. Format HDD -- Win 10 Installed

Format HDD -- Win 10 Installed: I just went from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 --- very cool. My hard drive is clogged with a lot of old stuff; I want to reformat the drive. Question: how do I get a recovery / boot format for my new Win 10 installation? Thank you for the suggestions 43847