Windows 10: Is it possible to change from a windows 10 volume key to a personal use one

Discus and support Is it possible to change from a windows 10 volume key to a personal use one in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So recently I got a notification on my pc saying that my windows license would expire soon. Upon checking I realized that the key that I was provided... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by nehalkabir, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Is it possible to change from a windows 10 volume key to a personal use one

So recently I got a notification on my pc saying that my windows license would expire soon. Upon checking I realized that the key that I was provided by a friend a couple years ago was a volume license and not a personal license. My question is that once it expires is it possible for me to purchase a legit windows 10 home key for personal use or should I just do a fresh install of windows and purchase a legit key.

:)

nehalkabir, Feb 29, 2024

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Feb 29, 2024
  3. Changing personal settings to another in Windows 10

Hi Metso,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Let me help you changing the personal account.

I would suggest you to create a new user account, sign-in using your sister Microsoft account and delete your user account.

To create new user account follow the below steps.

• Press the Windows key + R on the keyboard.

• Type netplwiz and press Enter.
    • Click on Add button and Sign in using Microsoft account.
    To remove your user account follow the below steps.

• Press the Windows key + R on the keyboard.

• Type netplwiz and press Enter.
    • Click on your user account and click on Remove button.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 29, 2024
  4. Is it possible to change from a windows 10 volume key to a personal use one

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 29, 2024
Thema:

Is it possible to change from a windows 10 volume key to a personal use one

1. Is it possible to change from a windows 10 volume key to a personal use one - Similar Threads - possible change volume

2. Is it possible to change from a windows 10 volume key to a personal use one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to change from a windows 10 volume key to a personal use one: So recently I got a notification on my pc saying that my windows license would expire soon. Upon checking I realized that the key that I was provided by a friend a couple years ago was a volume license and not a personal license. My question is that once it expires is it...
  3. Is it possible to change from a windows 10 volume key to a personal use one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it possible to change from a windows 10 volume key to a personal use one: So recently I got a notification on my pc saying that my windows license would expire soon. Upon checking I realized that the key that I was provided by a friend a couple years ago was a volume license and not a personal license. My question is that once it expires is it...
  4. Windows activated with volume key on personal computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows activated with volume key on personal computer: Hello! So I have a personal laptop that I had bought from Costco, and that came pre-installed with a Windows 10 license. I've had this laptop for three years now, with no issues. I recently was looking to get a new laptop and realized that this one had a Windows 10 Pro...
  5. Windows activated with volume key on personal computer

Windows activated with volume key on personal computer: Hello! So I have a personal laptop that I had bought from Costco, and that came pre-installed with a Windows 10 license. I've had this laptop for three years now, with no issues. I recently was looking to get a new laptop and realized that this one had a Windows 10 Pro...
  6. Is it possible to change volume by scrolling on volume icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change volume by scrolling on volume icon?: Hello, recently, I installed Windows 10 on my laptop (after 1 year on Linux). So i tried to scroll on volume icon, but nothing changes. In Linux, when scrolling on volume icon, you change volume by 5 percents/step submitted by /u/mojiberus [link] [comments]...
  7. Is it possible to exempt one program from windows volume control or replace volume control?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to exempt one program from windows volume control or replace volume control?: I know I can use the volume mixer, but i'm trying to streamline the entire process. i don't want to hop out of whatever i am doing to open the mixer find the app to maximize it's volume, then later go back to the mixer later to equalize all the apps again. Ideally, i could...
  8. Change from volume license to personal license

Change from volume license to personal license: I am trying to change the windows 10 license on my computer from a volume license to a personal license. When I try to activate my new product key, I get an error key: 0xc004f050. What am I doing wrong?...
  9. convert or change Windows 10 from 'personal use' to 'organization'

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    convert or change Windows 10 from 'personal use' to 'organization': Hi, accidentily we set up our new Windows 10 pro computers for 'personal use'. This should have been set up for an organization. We tried, but we couldn't find a way to convert our Windows 10 from personal use to 'organization'. Formatting and re-installing is not an...
  10. Possibility of changing mic input volume to one channel?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Possibility of changing mic input volume to one channel?: Hello everyone, I use an XLR mic and pre-amp setup and while it is very nice and sounds very good, I've been having issues when it comes to using any VOIP program. I already know why this is happening but as of recent I found out the the drivers that go with my motherboard...