Windows 10: Is it possible to change how disk size is shown in Windows 10?

Discus and support Is it possible to change how disk size is shown in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I do know that Windows uses GiB instead of GB but show GiB as GB which is kind of confusing to me. Suppose I get a 1TB hard disk but as windows uses... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nilesh Ram, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Is it possible to change how disk size is shown in Windows 10?

So I do know that Windows uses GiB instead of GB but show GiB as GB which is kind of confusing to me. Suppose I get a 1TB hard disk but as windows uses GiB it will display as 953.6 GB which is confusing to a lot of people as many don't even know that windows uses GiB instead of GB so they think they got scammed. Is it possible to change the units from GiB to Gb so that it shows that I have 1024GB or 1TB free instead of 953.6 GB Free?

:)

Nilesh Ram, Nov 23, 2022

2. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Nov 23, 2022
  3. how do i change the font size?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the font size and check if it helps.

• Go to settings and click on system.
    • Under display tab there's a slider on this page that you can use to change the size of text, apps and other items.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 23, 2022
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Is it possible to change how disk size is shown in Windows 10?

Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 23, 2022
Thema:

Is it possible to change how disk size is shown in Windows 10?

1. Is it possible to change how disk size is shown in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - possible change disk

2. Is it possible to change how disk size is shown in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to change how disk size is shown in Windows 10?: So I do know that Windows uses GiB instead of GB but show GiB as GB which is kind of confusing to me. Suppose I get a 1TB hard disk but as windows uses GiB it will display as 953.6 GB which is confusing to a lot of people as many don't even know that windows uses GiB instead...
  3. Is it possible to change how disk size is shown in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to change how disk size is shown in Windows 10?: So I do know that Windows uses GiB instead of GB but show GiB as GB which is kind of confusing to me. Suppose I get a 1TB hard disk but as windows uses GiB it will display as 953.6 GB which is confusing to a lot of people as many don't even know that windows uses GiB instead...
  4. is it possible to change the caption size on an image in onedrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it possible to change the caption size on an image in onedrive?: I'm wondering if there's a way to increase the size of the caption that pops up at the bottom of images in OneDrive?Here's a screenshot that will show what I'm asking...
  5. is it possible to change the caption size on an image in onedrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is it possible to change the caption size on an image in onedrive?: I'm wondering if there's a way to increase the size of the caption that pops up at the bottom of images in OneDrive?Here's a screenshot that will show what I'm asking...
  6. How to change font sizes and icon sizes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to change font sizes and icon sizes in Windows 10: Hello! Are you reading this guide from a 5 inches Windows tablet screen? Maybe from your 15 inches laptop? This guide is for anyone who wants to have better visual experience using their Windows 10 device. So, we will be guiding you through changing your resolution, fonts and...
  7. How to change Hard Disk Cluster Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Hard Disk Cluster Size in Windows 10: Windows 10 file systems organize your hard disk based on cluster size (also known as allocation unit size). If you haven’t specified cluster size when you format a partition, it will select the defaults based on the size of the partition – and this is one of the reasons for...
  8. Is it possible to change the title bar font size on Windows 10 apps?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to change the title bar font size on Windows 10 apps?: As opposed to standard windows, which we can obviously do with registry tweaks. [img] Ones like that. Is there any way to change the font size? 168292
  9. How to change size of icons shown of desktop windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change size of icons shown of desktop windows 10?: how to change size of icons in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-change-size-of-icons-shown-of-desktop/07b514ad-07a2-41df-831c-99219bc899b8
  10. 4TB external disk is shown as MBR formatted. How is this possible?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4TB external disk is shown as MBR formatted. How is this possible?: The reason for my question is as follows. I had a 4TB Samsung D3 Station external disk that suddenly stopped working. I determined that the problem must have been with the external enclosure and I therefore bought a replacement. Upon trying to connect the drive Hard Disk...