Windows 10: Is it possible to change my main monitor to the nvidia graphics card so I can stream better?

Discus and support Is it possible to change my main monitor to the nvidia graphics card so I can stream better? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I use Obs it runs on my Nvidia Graphics card and I get a black screen. However, when I run it with the Integrated Graphics I can see my main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LargoChain65092, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Is it possible to change my main monitor to the nvidia graphics card so I can stream better?

When I use Obs it runs on my Nvidia Graphics card and I get a black screen. However, when I run it with the Integrated Graphics I can see my main screen (Laptop screen) but the stream is far worse and lags and makes it almost impossible to stream from. I was wondering if it was at all possible to make my Laptop Default monitor run off of the Nvidia Graphics card.

:)

LargoChain65092, Dec 4, 2018

2. Nvidia Graphics Card

Hello Brian,

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 4, 2018
  3. Austin D Win User
    MSI Laptop monitor uses integrated graphics vice NVIDIA card

I have an MSI laptop with a 120hz-capable monitor and a NVIDIA GTX 1060. Unfortunately, the monitor is using the integrated graphics card for the display instead of the NVIDIA card. How do I force it to use the NVIDIA card for the display instead of the integrated graphics card?

Issues I'm seeing: This force-limits my refresh rate to 60hz and causes noticeable visual performance issues in everyday applications on Windows (e.g., the screen lags when dragging an Excel 2016 window across the screen)

Observations: I dual-booted into Ubuntu and the screen refresh rate is now 120hz. So, since it works on Ubuntu but not on Windows (by default), I know this should be solvable at the O/S-level.

Similar questions that I've reviewed/attempted:

1. I have a NVIDIA GeForce graphics card as well as an integrated Intel HD graphics card
    2. Integrated graphics card being used over NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M in Toshiba laptop?
    3. Can I force Steam to use my Nvidia GPU instead of the integrated Intel card?
    4. No way my laptop will use nVidia chip instead of integrated graphics

Austin D, Dec 4, 2018
  4. Is it possible to change my main monitor to the nvidia graphics card so I can stream better?

Windows 10 Upgrade Not Recognizing new Graphics Card

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Did you removed the NVidia graphics card before installing Radeon graphics card?
    • Is Radeon HD graphics card externally installed or internally installed?
    I suggest you to uninstall the Display adaptors (NVidia) drivers and check if it helps. Kindly follow the steps to uninstall Display drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    • Search for NVidia Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the display driver
      and select Uninstall.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you

Parth P Patel, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

Is it possible to change my main monitor to the nvidia graphics card so I can stream better?

1. Is it possible to change my main monitor to the nvidia graphics card so I can stream better? - Similar Threads - possible change main

2. Can I install Nvidia graphic drivers on intel graphic card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I install Nvidia graphic drivers on intel graphic card: Can I install Nvidia graphic drivers on intel graphic card * Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-install-nvidia-graphic-drivers-on-intel/c0fdb01a-7af1-4cb7-8bfd-2f007f9ccd26
  3. How can I get better graphics out of my graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get better graphics out of my graphics card: There is some games that I can't play properly without having better graphics pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-better-graphics-out-of-my-graphics/3208f5e5-7b1c-4b5a-b41b-49c1893d876b
  4. How can I get better graphics out of my graphics card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get better graphics out of my graphics card: There is some games that I can't play properly without having better graphics pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-better-graphics-out-of-my-graphics/3208f5e5-7b1c-4b5a-b41b-49c1893d876b
  5. Switch graphics cards as main

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch graphics cards as main: Hi! So i have a Lenovo 81HN Laptop with AMD Radeon 530 and Intel HD 620 Graphics, but as main display adapter, my Intel 620 graphics is the main one, i would like to know if its possiblits possible to switch my Intel HD 620 GPU Integrated to AMD Radeon 530 Dedicated, but the...
  6. Nvidia graphic card

Nvidia graphic card: My laptop broke down a few days ago and it got repaired and after the repair i was left in dust i had to start all over without knowing anything I downloaded my games but then realized that there was no graphic card in my laptop I don't know what to download how to download...
  7. Changing Brightness with Nvidia Graphic Card

Changing Brightness with Nvidia Graphic Card: Hello Everybody, While I am using Nvidia Graphic Card, for example playing a game, the brightness decreasing and increasing frequently. When I unplug the the power cable and then plug in again, the problem is temporarily fixed. How can I fix the problem? My computer is...
  8. Nvidia graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia graphics card: Hello! I have a pc with a Gigabyte A320M-S2H motherboard AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Vega 8 graphics. I have purchased a Nvidia GTX1050TI graphics card. When I first installed the graphics card and powered up the screen was 800 x 600. I inserted the driver disk that came with the...
  9. Graphic card nvidia

Graphic card nvidia: I recently did a clean installation of windows 10 and after installing the new os windows wont detect and use my primary graphic card which is nvidia 940mx and i tried installing the latest drivers but it still uses on board graphics what shoud i do? P.S: i tried the nvidia...
  10. Possible Problem with Nvidia GTX 1050 Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Possible Problem with Nvidia GTX 1050 Graphics Card: I am experiencing slight performance issues when my graphics card is turned on. Programs (most noticeably firefox) are slower to launch, windows file explore is slower when launched from the taskbar (start menu launch works fine), and some folders with a lot of files are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is it possible to make nvidia main

2. do i need to make changes with nvidia graphic card after installation