Windows 10: Is it possible to change output device for System sounds other than default?

Discus and support Is it possible to change output device for System sounds other than default? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GrandeNJR [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GrandeNJR, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Is it possible to change output device for System sounds other than default?

/u/GrandeNJR, Mar 30, 2021

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 30, 2021
  3. System sounds Output to device other than Default

The Sound Setting dialog's App volume and device preferences dialog does not appear to let you set the
    Output choice for System sounds to anything other than
    Default. If I use a headset for calls, it is handy to have the headset as my default device. I almost never want or care about system alerts/sounds going to the headset. I always want System sounds to go to speakers (vital to hear the ring
    tone associated with an incoming call !). It would be a perfect use of the options on this settings dialog.

Why can't I set System sounds Output device to something other than the current Default? Am I missing something? If not, this is a poor design choice and really needs to be fixed.

MarkDrajeske, Mar 30, 2021
  4. ShogoXT Win User

Is it possible to change output device for System sounds other than default?

Vista sound output to two devices

Ive tried to search this up, but so far I haven't found good results.

I have a Sound Blaster X-fi PCI-E and the Radeon 4890 HDMI audio for outputs.
    I have them both working separately on the audio devices list on Vista Home Premium.
    I FINALLY got screen cloning to work in games, but audio will only output to one or the other.
    This depends on what I have set to default.

Is there anyway to get Vista to output all audio to BOTH devices?

Thanks in advance.

ShogoXT, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Is it possible to change output device for System sounds other than default?

1. Is it possible to change output device for System sounds other than default? - Similar Threads - possible change output

2. Is it possible to change the icons for the Sound Output Devices in Win 11 "Select a sound...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to change the icons for the Sound Output Devices in Win 11 "Select a sound...: For the active sound out devices, I'd like to change the icons Windows is applying to the devices:Clicking on the "Select a sound output" button shows this list of active audio outputs. These are the icons I want to change to better reflect the diversity of options and have...
  3. Is it possible to change the icons for the Sound Output Devices in Win 11 "Select a sound...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to change the icons for the Sound Output Devices in Win 11 "Select a sound...: For the active sound out devices, I'd like to change the icons Windows is applying to the devices:Clicking on the "Select a sound output" button shows this list of active audio outputs. These are the icons I want to change to better reflect the diversity of options and have...
  4. How to change Default Sound Output Device in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Default Sound Output Device in Windows 10: When you connect speakers, headphones, Bluetooth headset, or other audio devices to your PC, you can select which device you want to use by default. In this post, we will show you how to change default Sound Output Device in Windows 10. Change Default Sound Output Device We...
  5. No output sound devices on system after updates?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No output sound devices on system after updates?: What happened to the Audio Driver after the Windows update 10. I am unsure how to reinstall the Realtek Audio? I think? Says there is no output devices installed?...
  6. App sound devices not letting me change the output for system sounds?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App sound devices not letting me change the output for system sounds?: [ATTACH] Hi! I'm trying to get the output to my wave link mixer but no options would show up for system sounds, the rest of the apps like Chrome, Discord and all of that lets me change the output and inputs, system sounds only gives me "default" Is there a fix for this?...
  7. System sounds Output to device other than Default

in Windows 10 Customization
    System sounds Output to device other than Default: The Sound Setting dialog's App volume and device preferences dialog does not appear to let you set theOutput choice for System sounds to anything other thanDefault. If I use a headset for calls, it is handy to have the headset as my default device. I almost never want or...
  8. The audio output device other than default device set for my app doesn't take effect at all.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The audio output device other than default device set for my app doesn't take effect at all.: In 'App volume and device preferences', I set an output device other than the default device for my app. I closed and reopened the application for my change to take effect. Windows 10 did remember the sound devices I assigned to the individual app whenever I launched the...
  9. Default sound output

Default sound output: I have my computer connected to my TV via a HDMI cable. Is there any way I can get the sound to come out of the TV without manually changing the default "sound output" setting from the desktop to the T.V.? Initially when I connected the two the sound came out of the TV when I...
  10. cannot change default sound device

cannot change default sound device: i'm trying to play music through a bluetooth speaker. both the speaker and my laptop say that they are connected, but sound is only coming from the laptop speakers. so i check the default sound devices to see what's up, and i get this: [img] i am unable to check any...