Windows 10: Is it possible to change settings of DirectSound?

Discus and support Is it possible to change settings of DirectSound? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to change the Hardware Acceleration settings of DirectSound. On Windows XP, there's a audio tab and a slide to modify it, but I can't found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/trajecasual, May 28, 2020.

1. Is it possible to change settings of DirectSound?

/u/trajecasual, May 28, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Is it possible to change settings of DirectSound?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to change settings of DirectSound?

1. Is it possible to change settings of DirectSound? - Similar Threads - possible change settings

2. Could not Initialize DirectSound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could not Initialize DirectSound: Hello!! I recently got a nice DAC and amp stack and plugged it in. I then went to play an old game that runs off of Direct X and it said," Could not initialize DirectSound. Please be sure a sound card is installed and all drivers are up to date." So I updated its firmware and...
  3. Could not Initialize DirectSound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Could not Initialize DirectSound: Hello!! I recently got a nice DAC and amp stack and plugged it in. I then went to play an old game that runs off of Direct X and it said," Could not initialize DirectSound. Please be sure a sound card is installed and all drivers are up to date." So I updated its firmware and...
  4. Windows Defender Antivirus changing settings by itself? Possible?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Antivirus changing settings by itself? Possible?: Hi!We have outside company that installed a program on two servers and one computer. After that servers start crashing. We manage to figure out it was do to Antivirus. We think they forgot to add folders to exemptions and turn real time protection everywhereas per...
  5. Is it possible to change settings of W11 Start button?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to change settings of W11 Start button?: Is it possible to change settings of W11 Start button, so that it shows all Apps in alphabetic order, as in W10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-change-settings-of-w11-start/55e99834-1418-4ff0-af2d-11e44c4b19de
  6. Is it possible to change settings of W11 Start button?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to change settings of W11 Start button?: Is it possible to change settings of W11 Start button, so that it shows all Apps in alphabetic order, as in W10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-change-settings-of-w11-start/55e99834-1418-4ff0-af2d-11e44c4b19de
  7. Windows updates appear to remove registry settings pointing to DirectSound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates appear to remove registry settings pointing to DirectSound: We have an old multiplayer game which uses DirectSound. When Windows Vista was released, we lost sound to our game, and assumed it was an issue with DirectSound3D, but I later discovered that Windows Vista+ was missing registry settings that pointed to DirectSound. I created...
  8. Is it possible to change the screen settings in Windows 10 Safe Mode?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is it possible to change the screen settings in Windows 10 Safe Mode?: On my PC everything is huge and wide, I only have 15 icons on my desktop and also the documents are all huge. But I can't change the screen resolution when displaying them (have 640×480) Kann man im Abgesicherten Modus von Windows 10 die Bildschirmeinstellung verändern?
  9. Is it possible to change bootloader

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to change bootloader: my bootlaoder is on win 10 set up but windows is set on a different partition. I installed windows with a different partition on the same drive and when i turn on the computer it prompts me to select win 10 or setup and i want to know if you can delete setup without windows...
  10. Is a 'Global' folder view setting possible, changing all at once ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is a 'Global' folder view setting possible, changing all at once ?: I work with lots of libraries (around 30) and each is linked to many folders. When installing Windows and importing files I find that the default view is 'Details' but I prefer 'Large Icons'. This involves clicking and opening every folder in turn and manually changing the...