Windows 10: Is it possible to change the appearance of folders to look like Mac?

Discus and support Is it possible to change the appearance of folders to look like Mac? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I noticed that the folders are yellow and the folder icons appear as partially opened folders at an angle, whereas in Mac the folders are light blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by satel, Oct 30, 2020.

1. satel Win User

Is it possible to change the appearance of folders to look like Mac?

I noticed that the folders are yellow and the folder icons appear as partially opened folders at an angle, whereas in Mac the folders are light blue flat folders not at an angle. Is there a way to make the Windows folders look like Mac folders?

Also is there a way to add animation to the app icons in dock as in Mac?

:)

satel, Oct 30, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Why does all of my folder icons look like this?

Hi,

It is possible that your folder icons have two blue arrows pointing towards each other because the NTFS compression is enabled. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Could you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to disable NTFS compression:

• Right-click the folder you're referring to and select Properties.
    • Under General tab, select Advance button.
    • Under Compress or Encrypt attribute, disable Compress contents to save disk space.

Is it possible to change the appearance of folders to look like Mac? 26affdf1-72c6-4477-9013-2fd3dc999ea8.png

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Folder does not appear to look right, how to change it?

I see that your problem is actually the whole icon/thumbnail missing from the view, but the actual file is there.

Here is how to solve that:

1. Open File Explorer using shortcut key WIN+E

2. Find your C-drive (see image below)

3. Right click on the C-drive icon and select Properties

Is it possible to change the appearance of folders to look like Mac? [​IMG]

4. In the General tab click Disk Cleanup

5. Wait until there pops up a new window

6. In the list of possible boxes to tick, make sure Thumbnails is ticked and make sure all other check boxes are unticked

7. Press Delete files

8. Wait

9. Now using Explorer, navigate to the folder where the thumbnails were missing.

Report back here once you have tried that. There can be more things we need to solve if this did not help.

slicendice, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Is it possible to change the appearance of folders to look like Mac?

How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin Is it possible to change the appearance of folders to look like Mac? :D

PVTCaboose1337, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to change the appearance of folders to look like Mac?

1. Is it possible to change the appearance of folders to look like Mac? - Similar Threads - possible change appearance

2. Why do the folders look like that?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do the folders look like that?: Why do the folders look minimized when opening them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-the-folders-look-like-that/1007f13f-ff29-4dac-b0d5-937b405748c9
  3. Why do the folders look like that?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do the folders look like that?: Why do the folders look minimized when opening them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-the-folders-look-like-that/1007f13f-ff29-4dac-b0d5-937b405748c9
  4. Is it possible to change the look of windows easiely?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change the look of windows easiely?: I have a phone where i could choose new themes. When i did that, all icons change too, not just the colors or wallpapers, but it adds a whole new design to the entire look. I was super happy with that and now look forward to do the same with my windows 10 pc. I went to themes...
  5. Is it possible to get Mac like curved Window borders in Windows10?

Is it possible to get Mac like curved Window borders in Windows10?: You guys might have seen the curved edges of window birdees on macos, in Win10 its straight, is there any software that could curve the eges, i have seen ultraux theme patcher but i dont want to patch my system, i need something that works standalone like taskbarX for...
  6. Is it possible to make the command prompt more like the Mac terminal?

Is it possible to make the command prompt more like the Mac terminal?: Hi everyone, I started using a windows laptop recently, and overall it's been pretty decent, but I kind of miss the mac terminal. I like using bash and having all of the preinstalled libraries in the terminal. I am curious if there are any reliable tutorials on how to make...
  7. Is it possible to make a folder and when it opens look like a desktop?

Is it possible to make a folder and when it opens look like a desktop?: I have multiple folders on my desktop and I want it to open to look like another desktop not a folder open in Windows explorer? submitted by /u/Simmonsdude [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hheho1/is_it_possible_to_make_a_folder_and_when_it_opens/
  8. Is it possible to get a Mac-like screenshot functionality in Windows?

Is it possible to get a Mac-like screenshot functionality in Windows?: A tool that allows you to select what you want to screenshot out of the screen instead of the entire screen. Any programs for that? submitted by /u/macedorrn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eohcpw/is_it_possible_to_get_a_maclike_screenshot/
  9. How to make Windows 10 look like Mac

in Windows 10 News
    How to make Windows 10 look like Mac: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The macOS offers some inbuilt features that make the OS popular. The OS has been designed to make sure the creators get the maximum benefit and get their job done rather quickly. I used to admire the app launcher, but [...] This post How to make Windows 10...
  10. Folder does not appear to look right, how to change it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder does not appear to look right, how to change it?: This started right after the last update- I have a folder with pics in it, then the folder has created a line in the folder separating my pics, I cant delete this weird line, if I try to upload a pic that is below this line it will not upload cause pic is not there even...