Windows 10: Is it possible to change the Ctrl+(left or right arrow) navigation behavior?

Discus and support Is it possible to change the Ctrl+(left or right arrow) navigation behavior? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I mean using Ctrl + either left of right arrow to move through words. The default behavior ignores underscore (_) as a word delimiter. Is it possible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Yearlaren, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Is it possible to change the Ctrl+(left or right arrow) navigation behavior?

I mean using Ctrl + either left of right arrow to move through words. The default behavior ignores underscore (_) as a word delimiter. Is it possible to edit the registry so that it doesn't ignore underscores?

submitted by /u/Yearlaren
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Yearlaren, Feb 16, 2020

2. Adding break character to ctrl+left-arrow/ctrl+right-arrow

I'm manually editing multiple filenames in Explorer on Windows 10. My filenames have sections in square brackets, and the occasional underscore, which I'm removing, e.g. "This File [yes this]_v10.docx" becomes "This File v10.docx". The names are not consistent,
    so it's not possible to write a script to automate this task.

I use the <ctrl><right-arrow> and <ctrl><left-arrow> a lot in this task to move between words. Unfortunately, Windows Explorer does not recognise "[", "]" or "_" as distinct word-break characters. So in the example above, <ctrl><right-arrow> stops at "F",
    then "[", then skips the "y" and stops at "t", and then skips right to the end of the filename (in edit mode obviously). I hence land up using many more keystrokes than I feel is necessary to move individual characters left and right.

Is there some way to customise what Windows Explorer recognise as distinct word-break characters and make it stop where I want it to?

Thanks

Menahem

MaxiBunion57, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Remap “Windows key + Ctrl + Left or Right arrow” to “Alt + Ctrl + Left or Right arrow”

How can I, using AutoHotKey, remap the following:

Windows+Ctrl+Left/Right arrow (which switches virtual desktops on windows 10)

to

Alt+Ctrl+Left/Right arrow

or to

Ctrl+Left/Right arrow

Also:

to: Ctrl + up arrow

user920161, Feb 16, 2020
  4. yogeshp1 Win User

Is it possible to change the Ctrl+(left or right arrow) navigation behavior?

Keyboard Issues, LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + L/R ARROW doesn't work on travelmate P645-S windows10

Recently i am facing issues with my laptop. Key combinations doesn't work especially with SHIFT.

List of combinations (Not working) :

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + LEFT ARROW

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + RIGHT ARROW

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + UP ARROW

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + DOWN ARROW

RIGHT SHIFT + RIGHT CTRL + RIGHT ARROW

List of combinations (Working) :

RIGHT SHIFT + RIGHT CTRL + RIGHT ARROW

CTRL + C, CTRL + V, CTRL + X

Other than above 'working' combinations no other combination works with CTRL and SHIFT

Please let me know why this issue is occurring!

Is this a hardware issue/ software issue?

i have updated keyboard drivers, also uninstalled and restarted laptop & let drivers install automatically.

Also i have checked if laptop's keyboard is loose or anything... everything is fine on that side.

P.S.

Recently i have upgraded my 4+4 GB RAM to 4+8 GB RAM

this RAM is DDR3 and may not be original Is it possible to change the Ctrl+(left or right arrow) navigation behavior? :p

yogeshp1, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to change the Ctrl+(left or right arrow) navigation behavior?

1. Is it possible to change the Ctrl+(left or right arrow) navigation behavior? - Similar Threads - possible change Ctrl+

2. left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working: I am using windows 11 on asus vivobook s15 s530although RIGHT ctrl/shift + left/right arrow combinations are working as expected when selecting or moving cursor word by word in word 16 or visual studio code. But LEFT CTRL/SHIFT + RIGHT ARROW combination NOT WORKING.I tried...
  3. left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working: I am using windows 11 on asus vivobook s15 s530although RIGHT ctrl/shift + left/right arrow combinations are working as expected when selecting or moving cursor word by word in word 16 or visual studio code. But LEFT CTRL/SHIFT + RIGHT ARROW combination NOT WORKING.I tried...
  4. Ctrl + Left/Right Arrow key not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ctrl + Left/Right Arrow key not working properly: Ctrl key and left and right arrow keys are not working in windows in whole sysytem, not only in ms office. In order to move from the begining of a word to to end of a word normally by pressing ctrl key first and then pressing right arrow key I have to press ctrl key 1st and...
  5. Right and left arrow keys not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right and left arrow keys not working properly: Hi there. I am facing a problem with laptop keyboard. Right and left arrow keys are not working properly. Whenever I press them it won't move or move too farther....
  6. CTRL + Left Arrow Hotkey LOCKING Laptop Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CTRL + Left Arrow Hotkey LOCKING Laptop Issues: Not sure where to even begin as I feel this is somehow an issue (at least for me) with the company issued laptops. However, CTRL + LeftArrow will lock my system even when I am remoting into my Citrix VDI (which is also a Win10 VM) while ssh'd into a Linux box (i am lazy and...
  7. Adding break character to ctrl+left-arrow/ctrl+right-arrow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding break character to ctrl+left-arrow/ctrl+right-arrow: I'm manually editing multiple filenames in Explorer on Windows 10. My filenames have sections in square brackets, and the occasional underscore, which I'm removing, e.g. "This File [yes this]_v10.docx" becomes "This File v10.docx". The names are not consistent, so it's not...
  8. (Solved) How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function?

(Solved) How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function?: Hi. I usually use 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' or ' Ctrl + Left Arrow' to quickly move ahead or back (word by word) in a sentence I am editing. Or, I use the combinations together with the Shift Key to quickly highlight words in a given sentence. The Ctrl + Arrow (and related)...
  9. How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function?

How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function?: Hi. I usually use 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' or ' Ctrl + Left Arrow' to quickly move ahead or back (word by word) in a sentence I am editing. Or, I use the combinations together with the Shift Key to quickly highlight words in a given sentence. The Ctrl + Arrow (and related)...
  10. What happened to my Edge left/right navigation arrows???

in Browsers and Email
    What happened to my Edge left/right navigation arrows???: This is odd. I have room for, say, a dozen tabs to be visible at a time. If I open more tabs by clicking the "+" button on the tab navigation area, then I would get a "<" over on the left, as the first tab disappears (due to lack of room). In fact, if I open 4 dozen tabs,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change windows arrows behavior