Windows 10: Is it possible to change the icon of a language in the language bar?

Discus and support Is it possible to change the icon of a language in the language bar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have several languages installed on my computer and their icons all follow the pattern of being white text on a transparent background. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lumelore, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Lumelore Win User

Is it possible to change the icon of a language in the language bar?

I have several languages installed on my computer and their icons all follow the pattern of being white text on a transparent background. However, after installing Korean, I noticed its icon is black text on a white background.

Is there any way to change this? It's annoying enough to where I'd make my own icon to replace it if I have to.

:)

Lumelore, Jul 2, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Jul 2, 2019
  3. rose Win User
    language bar keeps changing

I don't want the windows display the TUR though. I just want the keyboard when I'm typing turkish wise, but language bar icon keeps changing when I restart or start the pc.

rose, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Is it possible to change the icon of a language in the language bar?

change display language

/Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to check if you are able to change the language in the lock screen by following the steps below:

• In the lock screen click on the last icon from the right.
    • Select English from the menu.

If this option is not available, in the lock screen, hold the Windows key and use Space bar key to change language.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Is it possible to change the icon of a language in the language bar?

1. Is it possible to change the icon of a language in the language bar? - Similar Threads - possible change icon

2. Language Stuck on Language Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language Stuck on Language Bar: Hello there,I recently bought a new laptop and was installing languages I need on it. As a Japanese learner, I need Japanese and I'm in the UK so I got the English UK pack, too, however, there is now an English US language stuck on the language bar. I know it's not a big...
  3. Language Stuck on Language Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language Stuck on Language Bar: Hello there,I recently bought a new laptop and was installing languages I need on it. As a Japanese learner, I need Japanese and I'm in the UK so I got the English UK pack, too, however, there is now an English US language stuck on the language bar. I know it's not a big...
  4. language bar apperance changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    language bar apperance changed: Hello everyone ,My language toolbar looks like this before, but now, the apperace changed as follwing and I can not restore the settingsIs there anything I can do? thanks!...
  5. language bar apperance changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    language bar apperance changed: Hello everyone ,My language toolbar looks like this before, but now, the apperace changed as follwing and I can not restore the settingsIs there anything I can do? thanks!...
  6. missing language icon task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    missing language icon task bar: Hi, when i apply this tips of Mr. John DeV to reste language issus: " Press Start then search PowershellRight Click then Run as administratorPaste the command below then hit Enter:$UserLanguage = New-WinUserLanguageList en-USAfter that, Paste the command below then hit...
  7. Change old language bar to new language bar

Change old language bar to new language bar: Do you know how to change from the old language bar to the new language bar? I used the old one for a while but I want to change it back. old: EN new: ENG...
  8. Residual Languages on Language Bar

Residual Languages on Language Bar: I use English UK and Greek, as my input languages in windows 10. The problem is that in the language bar that pops up with "win key + space bar" there are 2 more languages Greek with latin characters and English US. These 2 do not show in my language preferences or anywhere...
  9. Changing Language Not possible

Changing Language Not possible: Hi, I received an update to my Windows 10 Home sometime ago and at the time I was using German input language as well as English. After the update my display language automatically changed to German and it's not possible to change it back to English. I go to languages in...
  10. language bar keeps changing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    language bar keeps changing: I set it to my lanugage Turkey as TUR whenever I restart or close and open the pc the the language changes. I just want the keyboard language to stay on TUR. 42449