Windows 10: Is it possible to change the icons of games (Fortnite, Valorant, CsGo)?

Discus and support Is it possible to change the icons of games (Fortnite, Valorant, CsGo)? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there any way to change the icon in such games with a custom one? Whenever I try to do this, the file path is displayed and it says that this path... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Fragenst22333, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Is it possible to change the icons of games (Fortnite, Valorant, CsGo)?

Is there any way to change the icon in such games with a custom one? Whenever I try to do this, the file path is displayed and it says that this path does not contain any icons.

This is also the case when I try to change the icon for folders with my own.

:)

Fragenst22333, Jun 22, 2020

2. can't start CSGO with build 14352

Hello,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We recently added this feature (visible Game Bar on full-screen games) based on customer feedback. We did test a wide range of hardware, so I'm surprised to hear this isn't working for you. Here's what I suggest:

• Record a video of your monitor, of you launching CS:GO and it crashing.
    • Grab a screenshot of your CSGO game settings if you can (you might need an older build or a different machine).
    • From Start, launch dxdiag.exe and save all information to dxdiag.txt
    • Launch the Feedback Hub, go to the Apps & Games category, Game DVR subcategory.
    • Add new feedback, mark it as a Problem (important).
    • Attach the video, the screenshot and the dxdiag file.
    • Click the "Begin monitoring" button & try to launch CSGO again.
    • Click the "Stop monitoring" button after CSGO has crashed.
    • Click the "Submit" button to send the bug to us.
    Thanks for helping us narrow down the issue. If we get the right set of logs from your bug, we can identify the cause for the crash quicker and start working on a fix.

Rohan - Windows Camera Team [MSFT], Jun 22, 2020
  3. sygnus21 Win User
    Custom gaming pc for Fortnite...need help!!!

Honestly just about any decent machine will handle Fortnite with ease so you could probably spend half that and still build a decent machine for Fortnite.

That said, the system listed is a nice build and one that's future proof more demanding games. You might consider building it not just for Fortnite, but other stuff.

Again, any decent system can handle Fortnite so from that perspective the specs listed above is over kill. But if you want something future proof and powerful that system is a nice place to start.

Anyway the only suggestion I have (based on the assumption of an OS drive) is to get a 512gig SSD drive, and put the extra money towards a 2TB or more HDD drive for games and other data. The only real difference between putting games on an SSD drive vs. HDD drive is faster load times. The other thing you could do, though it's more money, is again, go with a 515gig SSD for the OS, and a 1TB SSD for games and data.

I just don't see an OS drive needing a 1TB SSD drive. I've got multiple SSD drives in my system with the OS drive being a 512gig SSD drive and my other SSD drives holding other data. The OS drive houses all the OS's native files and folders - Documents, Pictures, Music, Downloads, while the data that my go into those folders is placed on the other drives - Gaming, Music, Photo, Misc. Data.

My two cents.

sygnus21, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Is it possible to change the icons of games (Fortnite, Valorant, CsGo)?

can't start CSGO with build 14352

Hello,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We recently added this feature (visible Game Bar on full-screen games) based on customer feedback. We did test a wide range of hardware, so I'm surprised to hear this isn't working for you. Here's what I suggest:

• Record a video of your monitor, of you launching CS:GO and it crashing.
    • Grab a screenshot of your CSGO game settings if you can (you might need an older build or a different machine).
    • From Start, launch dxdiag.exe and save all information to dxdiag.txt
    • Launch the Feedback Hub, go to the Apps & Games category, Game DVR subcategory.
    • Add new feedback, mark it as a Problem (important).
    • Attach the video, the screenshot and the dxdiag file.
    • Click the "Begin monitoring" button & try to launch CSGO again.
    • Click the "Stop monitoring" button after CSGO has crashed.
    • Click the "Submit" button to send the bug to us.
    Thanks for helping us narrow down the issue. If we get the right set of logs from your bug, we can identify the cause for the crash quicker and start working on a fix.

Hi,

Forgot to feedback about this issue.

Actually I have found the reason. As a pro player, I use -refresh 144 in autoexec.cfg file to lock the refresh rate.

After I deleted it, I could play csgo and record game as always. Then I tried to re-add this to game, I found CSGO still worked well. But sometimes this game bar told me that it find nothing to record while I am running csgo, even just I have finished a
    part record.

lIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to change the icons of games (Fortnite, Valorant, CsGo)?

1. Is it possible to change the icons of games (Fortnite, Valorant, CsGo)? - Similar Threads - possible change icons

2. Is it possible to refund gifts in fortnite?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to refund gifts in fortnite?: I accidentally sent someone the battle pass even tho it was meant for my friend. It was a little over midnight so i was tired and thought the gift went to him so i just paid it and thought the job was done. in the mirning tho he asked if i gifted it but he didnt seem to have...
  3. BSOD "Page Fault In Nonpaged Area" while playing a variety of games like Valorant, CSGO,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD "Page Fault In Nonpaged Area" while playing a variety of games like Valorant, CSGO,...: Title pretty much sums it up quite well. One week ago the problem started, i get a BSOD at pretty random times. One second im playing and the next im out of the game, my pc just reboots and everything is back to normal. I can boot normally, nothing unusual, just the sudden...
  4. BSOD "Page Fault In Nonpaged Area" while playing a variety of games like Valorant, CSGO,...

BSOD "Page Fault In Nonpaged Area" while playing a variety of games like Valorant, CSGO,...: Title pretty much sums it up quite well. One week ago the problem started, i get a BSOD at pretty random times. One second im playing and the next im out of the game, my pc just reboots and everything is back to normal. I can boot normally, nothing unusual, just the sudden...
  5. Games microstutter online valorant, csgo, etc...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games microstutter online valorant, csgo, etc...: Hello,I've been trying to fix this issue for almost 2 years, and I still need help to fix it.When I game offline, all my games run smoothbut not always, but when I play games online, I get micro stutters almost like motion blur like stuttering, and the micro stutters add...
  6. Games microstutter online valorant, csgo, etc...

Games microstutter online valorant, csgo, etc...: Hello,I've been trying to fix this issue for almost 2 years, and I still need help to fix it.When I game offline, all my games run smoothbut not always, but when I play games online, I get micro stutters almost like motion blur like stuttering, and the micro stutters add...
  7. Valorant and CSGO crashes always and gives BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Valorant and CSGO crashes always and gives BSOD: It's have been around 1 month where my PREDATOR HELIOS 300 always crashes the game while playing CSGO and Valorant since I have no other games on my PC. Every time I open the game it says "unable to load textures.....", "Out of memory or not enough memory", "video card driver...
  8. Changing apps' icons, is it possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing apps' icons, is it possible?: I've seen loads of people changing the desktop icons of apps, and that's really easy to do and I am aware of how its done. But is there a file location for apps that stores the actual icon so you can change it completely so it shows your customized icon in the start menu and...
  9. fortnite gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fortnite gaming: for some reason I cannot access fortnite like I always do and this is the second time. it says that I do not have the permission https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/fortnite-gaming/c8798c8f-2915-4375-a2a6-c9af375987a3
  10. fortnite gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fortnite gaming: what to do if it always says when im trying to open fortnite that i dont have the permission when earlier it used to work perfectly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/fortnite-gaming/4cdc1396-37b5-4a0b-97d5-7611b0ad9f80