Windows 10: Is it possible to change the language on Windows 11 laptop purchased in China by first...

Discus and support Is it possible to change the language on Windows 11 laptop purchased in China by first... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; With Windows XP and 2003, we were able to purchase laptops in China that had the local Windows Home edition, which was locked into Chinese as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Heath.J, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Heath.J Win User

Is it possible to change the language on Windows 11 laptop purchased in China by first...

With Windows XP and 2003, we were able to purchase laptops in China that had the local Windows Home edition, which was locked into Chinese as the language. But were then able to pay to upgrade to Windows Pro, to unlock all the language options in order to set it to English. Can we do the same with Windows 11?Notes: I've been able to find some response to this question from early 2022, at which point there didn't seem to be enough information available. I'm hoping that there is a clear answer now that Windows 11 has been available for some time.I would normally have assumed that we can, si

:)

Heath.J, Dec 6, 2023
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Dec 6, 2023
  3. Windows 11- Change language.

Hello-

I bought a Huawei laptop in China.

I want to change the language from Chinese to English.

I'm unable to do this.

I can download the english keyboard but I'm not able to change the system langaue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sean

Sean Cutler, Dec 6, 2023
  4. Sam557MV Win User

Is it possible to change the language on Windows 11 laptop purchased in China by first...

Bought a laptop in China, want to change language to English

I bought a laptop in China, but the only display language option is Chinese; it won't let me change it to English. The OEM description says CoreCountrySpecific, is this related? Is there any way I can change the language?

Thanks

Sam557MV, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

1. Is it possible to change the language on Windows 11 laptop purchased in China by first... - Similar Threads - possible change language

2. Change laptop language for Windows 11 Home Single Language edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change laptop language for Windows 11 Home Single Language edition: Hello, my overseas teammate bought a laptop with preinstalled Windows 11 Home Single Language non-English. But we need the laptop to function in English UK. How can we change the settings for the laptop to show in English? Thank you....
  3. Is it possible to change the language on Windows 11 laptop purchased in China by first...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to change the language on Windows 11 laptop purchased in China by first...: With Windows XP and 2003, we were able to purchase laptops in China that had the local Windows Home edition, which was locked into Chinese as the language. But were then able to pay to upgrade to Windows Pro, to unlock all the language options in order to set it to English....
  4. Upgrade China laptop from single-language Chinese Windows 11 home to English with no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade China laptop from single-language Chinese Windows 11 home to English with no...: I live in China and plan to buy a new laptop computer. It will have Windows 11 home, single-language chinese. What is the best way to change this so that I just have English?I believe a partial solution would be to do an on-line upgrade. Very likely this will have to be from...
  5. Upgrade China laptop from single-language Chinese Windows 11 home to English with no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade China laptop from single-language Chinese Windows 11 home to English with no...: I live in China and plan to buy a new laptop computer. It will have Windows 11 home, single-language chinese. What is the best way to change this so that I just have English?I believe a partial solution would be to do an on-line upgrade. Very likely this will have to be from...
  6. Change Chinese Language on a China bought gaming laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change Chinese Language on a China bought gaming laptop: I bought a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro 16 inch laptop with AMD Ryzen 5800H RTX 3070 for my kid from an online reseller only to find out that it is in windows 10 pro china version. I cannot get through the log in page because it is in chinese. Here is what i want to achieve.1. I want...
  7. Bought a laptop in China, want to change language to English

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bought a laptop in China, want to change language to English: I bought a laptop in China, but the only display language option is Chinese; it won't let me change it to English. The OEM description says CoreCountrySpecific, is this related? Is there any way I can change the language? Thanks...
  8. Is it possible to change the icon of a language in the language bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to change the icon of a language in the language bar?: I have several languages installed on my computer and their icons all follow the pattern of being white text on a transparent background. However, after installing Korean, I noticed its icon is black text on a white background. Is there any way to change this? It's annoying...
  9. Changing Language Not possible

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Language Not possible: Hi, I received an update to my Windows 10 Home sometime ago and at the time I was using German input language as well as English. After the update my display language automatically changed to German and it's not possible to change it back to English. I go to languages in...
  10. Is it possible to change languages in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to change languages in Windows 10 Home: Like the title says, is it possible to change the language in the Home version of Windows 10? My computer was purchased in Korea and its native language is Korean. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium K (SP1). If I upgrade, can I change the language? I have found A TON of...