Windows 10: Is it possible to change the power mode slider via script or command line?

Discus and support Is it possible to change the power mode slider via script or command line? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Does anyone know of a way to change the new Power Mode settings via a script (CLI, PowerShell, etc)? See the screenshot. I'm referring to the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Murpburgulars, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Is it possible to change the power mode slider via script or command line?

Does anyone know of a way to change the new Power Mode settings via a script (CLI, PowerShell, etc)?

See the screenshot. I'm referring to the new slider in Windows 10 that switches between "Battery Saver","Recommended","Better Performance", and "Best Performance". I'm not referring to change the power scheme (which has been around for several versions of Windows).

submitted by /u/Murpburgulars
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Murpburgulars, Jan 6, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Is it possible to change the power mode slider via script or command line? :)

Naki, Jan 6, 2021
  3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Is it possible to change the power mode slider via script or command line?

What exactly does the new Power mode slider change?

Can some explain exactly what is being changed in the different levels of the power Mode slider?

ie:

• Battery saver
    • Recommended
    • Better performance
    • Best performance
    I understand the obvious that Battery Saver gives the longest battery life, and Best Performance give the most speed at the expense of battery life.

What is it actually changing? Disabling certain background services? Changing wifi power level? Changing CPU frequency?

I've searched for Microsoft documentation on this feature but nothing I found what actually is happening.

DanMurpburgulars, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Is it possible to change the power mode slider via script or command line?

1. Is it possible to change the power mode slider via script or command line? - Similar Threads - possible change power

2. Change the Proxy script address with command line

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Change the Proxy script address with command line: I would like to change the Proxy script address value with command lineI have a script address , sometime I need to change this address . I want to write a bat file to change this value. but I don't know the command of about value . Thank you....
  3. Change the Proxy script address with command line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the Proxy script address with command line: I would like to change the Proxy script address value with command lineI have a script address , sometime I need to change this address . I want to write a bat file to change this value. but I don't know the command of about value . Thank you....
  4. Change the Proxy script address with command line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change Power mode in Windows 11 from command line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Power mode in Windows 11 from command line: Hi,recently upgraded to Win 11. Changing the Power mode became less convenient, now I have to go to Settings and change it there :-. That's a fail #3 Microsoft. To even come up with power modes when there already are Power plans, that's fail #2 Microsoft. Way to confuse...
  6. Change Power mode in Windows 11 from command line

Change Power mode in Windows 11 from command line: Hi,recently upgraded to Win 11. Changing the Power mode became less convenient, now I have to go to Settings and change it there :-. That's a fail #3 Microsoft. To even come up with power modes when there already are Power plans, that's fail #2 Microsoft. Way to confuse...
  7. power mode slider

power mode slider: power mode slider in battery icon in taskbar is missing.. what do to? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-mode-slider/a425e2e1-ecb6-4c3f-b04f-95c7ce6ad8fb
  8. Change Power Mode via script or command line

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Power Mode via script or command line: Does anyone know of a way to change the new Power Mode settings via a script (CLI, PowerShell, etc)? See the screenshot. I'm referring to the new slider in Windows 10 that switches between "Battery Saver","Recommended","Better Performance", and "Best Performance". I'm not...
  9. Changing power via command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing power via command prompt: Hello everyone! I was wondering if there was a command that could be entered into command prompt to change the battery settings to "best performance" or to "best battery" . I know that there are ways to change the power plan by using power cfg -s, but I wanted to change the...
  10. Power Mode Slider

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Mode Slider: Since the Power Mode Slider can be set differently for Plugged In, and not Plugged In, why would I ever want it set to anything other than Best Performance when Plugged In? 100232