Windows 10: Is it possible to change the ratio of a window?

Discus and support Is it possible to change the ratio of a window? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My situation is the following: I have an application that when I run produces a window. The window is too large for my screen (both a laptop and an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KansaiRobot, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Is it possible to change the ratio of a window?

My situation is the following:
    I have an application that when I run produces a window. The window is too large for my screen (both a laptop and an attached large screen).
    I have changed the scaling of the large screen and now I can see almost all of the window.
    On the other hand, this is not the scaling I prefer, cause now all the other programs I use (IDE's, browsers etc) are too small for my taste.

I would ideally like to reduce the size and ratio of that application window only.

However, the window is not a normal windows (10) window, (I suspect the designers do it that way), because for example it can not be moved around the screen (it is fixed in the center of the screen) and it seems it can not be resized as other windows using the mouse.

I am starting to suspect, the only way is modifying the screen scaling. Any comments on this will be appreciated.

:)

KansaiRobot, Dec 6, 2017
  2. TrishTR Win User

Is it possible to lock the aspect ratio in Windows 10 photo app

Original Title[Windows 10 Photo App]

Can you lock the aspect ratio (eg. to original) in Windows 10 photo app when editing a lot of photos?

TrishTR, Dec 6, 2017
  3. Is it possible to lock the aspect ratio in Windows 10 photo app

Hello,

Sorry to inform you that the features you are looking for is not available in windows 10 and it is by default.

I suggest you to provide your suggestions and feedbacks in the dedicated Feedback App. Follow these steps to provide suggestions in Windows Feedback App.

At any time, select Start, and then type
    Windows Feedback to send us your opinions and suggestions.
    Windows Feedback is only available if you have
    Diagnostic and usage data set to
    Full (Full is the recommended setting).

To change the Diagnostic and usage data setting, go to
    Start , then select Settings > Privacy > Feedback & diagnostics, and then, under
    Diagnostic and usage data, select an option.

If you have any other queries related to windows 10 we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 6, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Is it possible to change the ratio of a window?

Hi, first it depends whether the window can be resized at all.

Your first point of call would appear to be the developer- have you tried asking?

There is a small utility I sometimes find handy you might like to try to experiment manually- this allows dragging and resizing windows even if you do not have access to their borders:

Is it possible to change the ratio of a window? [​IMG]

If that shows it's possible, you could do that using a small Autohotkey script using this statement:

Is it possible to change the ratio of a window? [​IMG]

Autohotkey is free, well supported.

For example, you might write a script that
    - launches the program
    - when window visible, resizes it.
    - exits.

Perhaps 5 lines.

dalchina, Dec 7, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Is it possible to change the ratio of a window?

1. Is it possible to change the ratio of a window? - Similar Threads - possible change ratio

2. How Do I change the Aspect ratio even though it says that it is a fixed aspect ratio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I change the Aspect ratio even though it says that it is a fixed aspect ratio?: Im using a old sharp TV as a second monitor and I was wondering how I can change the aspect ratio on it because It says that it is a Fixed Aspect Ratio....
  3. Changing Aspect Ratio limits refreshrate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Aspect Ratio limits refreshrate: When I change my aspect ratio to anything but 4:3 both windows and nvidia control panel limit my refreshrate from 75 to 60Hz. The monitor is iiyama PL2530H over HDMI....
  4. Changing Aspect Ratio limits refreshrate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Aspect Ratio limits refreshrate: When I change my aspect ratio to anything but 4:3 both windows and nvidia control panel limit my refreshrate from 75 to 60Hz. The monitor is iiyama PL2530H over HDMI....
  5. Changing Aspect Ratio limits refreshrate

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Aspect Ratio suddenly changed

Aspect Ratio suddenly changed: I know that this is a problem with aspect ratio and not resolution, first and foremost. And I know that this isn't a problem with installing Windows 10 because I did that ages ago. I literally went to go leave my room, and then I came back and my screen is now just a display...
  7. Changing Aspect Ratio on Camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Aspect Ratio on Camera: I've been trying to change the aspect ratio on my default camera for my Windows 10 Computer. Most online articles say to click the three dots in the upper right hand corner. However, in my app, there is no such option.When I open my settings, there is no option to change the...
  8. Change monitor aspect ratio

Change monitor aspect ratio: How do I change the monitor aspect ratio on a lap top. Its 4:3 and needs to be 16:9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-monitor-aspect-ratio/3d3b53df-93b9-45d2-9c8a-75cfff58ec2d
  9. change aspect ratio on windows 10

change aspect ratio on windows 10: change aspect ratio on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-aspect-ratio-on-windows-10/a0845ddb-535e-490d-8fd5-7b3f2a519918
  10. Screen is stretched/cannot change aspect ratio

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen is stretched/cannot change aspect ratio: I have been trying for hours to get windows 10 to unstretch itself because my screen seems to be stretched and hurts my eyes if i use it for too long. I cannot stand it any longer and want to fix it really badly. Dont tell me to change the resolution because I have tried...