Windows 10: Is it possible to change the size of icons in file explorer globally?

Discus and support Is it possible to change the size of icons in file explorer globally? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] What I mean is,normally file explorer icons have this size:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Toadfield, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Is it possible to change the size of icons in file explorer globally?

Is it possible to change the size of icons in file explorer globally? ySRUlSARvoEZFPNp5YCzEKQ3gV8MUKd9pnKDc7qAfp0.jpg

What I mean is,normally file explorer icons have this size:

https://preview.redd.it/by90ar9a5de...bp&s=84893f6d9934b781170ff657239aa0ee75048e6b

but what I want is that they are bigger,like this:

https://preview.redd.it/xjo9zx4e5de...bp&s=310ef3d432ea058948ae879b519c0c5ba281209a

but the problem is that I would have to do that for every folder seperately,is there any way to activate that for everything in file explorer?

submitted by /u/Toadfield
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Toadfield, Jul 30, 2021

2. Icon indentation (Tiles or Content) in Window Explorer is too large. How to restore to default?

Hi,

There is a possibility that an unexpected changed was applied to the display view on your system after the update was installed. To address this concern, we suggest modifying the size of the icons in File Explorer. Follow these steps to do so:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Click on the View tab.
    • Choose your preferred icon size.

Is it possible to change the size of icons in file explorer globally? 7cc9dbe7-5e83-4c80-ab43-e732c071566c.png
    Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Is it possible to customize icon size in "details" view in explorer?

An alternative would be to use another view with the details pane expanded; although that gives you details on only the selected folder/file.

Is it possible to change the size of icons in file explorer globally? [​IMG]

fracking4oil, Jul 30, 2021
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Is it possible to change the size of icons in file explorer globally?

Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

Is it possible to change the size of icons in file explorer globally?

1. Is it possible to change the size of icons in file explorer globally? - Similar Threads - possible change size

2. Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506: Hello guys,got a problem... After the new 22621.2506 update my whole File Explorer, of course, got changed... no big surprise. First of all, anyone maybe knows how to restore the design/ layout of version 22621.2500? I'd like to have that back...Second thing, like mentioned...
  3. Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506: Hello guys,got a problem... After the new 22621.2506 update my whole File Explorer, of course, got changed... no big surprise. First of all, anyone maybe knows how to restore the design/ layout of version 22621.2500? I'd like to have that back...Second thing, like mentioned...
  4. File explorer icon changes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer icon changes: [IMG] Hi, whenever I open file explorer and go to something like desktop, it opens a new window and changes the icon to the desktop icon. This is true for thing like documents where it opens the window and changes the icon to the documents icon. Below is an example. Any...
  5. Change size of fonts in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Change size of fonts in file explorer: I've red all the tutorials and post that I could find about changing font size in files explorer but I think some settings have changed in newer versions of Win 10. for example it says to do the following to change font size. [img] However as you can see in my version if...
  6. File explorer icon size

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer icon size: Heyo Is there a way to set the size of every icon in file explorer to be the same all throughout my C drive? 159475
  7. Changing size of icons/text of the Navigation Pane in File explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing size of icons/text of the Navigation Pane in File explorer: Hello, I know it is possible to change the size of fonts in windows, but I only want to change the size of the Navigation Pane in Windows File Explorer. The icons as well. I couldn't find a clear answer to this. Anyone? submitted by /u/TheyTukMyJub [link] [comments]...
  8. File Explorer: File Count on Desktop Icon Possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer: File Count on Desktop Icon Possible?: I think I might be looking at possibly having to write an app specifically for this, but I'm wondering if there's a way to display a file count on the Desktop Icon for a shortcut called Documents (obviously linked to the Documents folder)? Point being, in a public setting,...
  9. Explorer icon size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer icon size: How to change Explorer icon size for pictures. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-icon-size/2068feb9-54de-4f03-a127-3207d941f374
  10. Is it possible to customize icon size in "details" view in explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to customize icon size in "details" view in explorer?: Hi, I just upgraded from W8.1 to W10 and it looks like the icons got smaller by default in the "details" view in the File Explorer. Problem: My problem is that now the overlay icons which are used by TortoiseSVN do not seem to show anymore in the "details" view (when...