Windows 10: Is it possible to change the win10 taskbar icon?

Discus and support Is it possible to change the win10 taskbar icon? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What it says on the tin, just wondering if it's possible and how. Windows 10 v20H2 172792 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by justinexclaim, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Is it possible to change the win10 taskbar icon?

What it says on the tin, just wondering if it's possible and how.
    Windows 10 v20H2

:)

justinexclaim, Jan 22, 2021
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Is it possible to change the win10 taskbar icon?

Win10 Toolbars: is text to icons possible?

The toolbar changes folders into drop down lists automatically:

Is it possible to change the win10 taskbar icon? [​IMG]

They are drop down lists for each subfolder - I changed Camera Roll Icon in Pictures to that of a camera instead of a plain folder - and drilled down thru Screenshots to find some accidental downloads that ended up there!
    However, the desktop toolbar takes you everywhere!

Is it possible to change the win10 taskbar icon? [​IMG]

Fafhrd, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Is it possible to change the win10 taskbar icon?

1. Is it possible to change the win10 taskbar icon? - Similar Threads - possible change win10

2. Changing Default Icons in Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Default Icons in Win10: How do you change the default icons that are used by Windows 10? Search results have been pretty muddy. This just doesn't seem like it should be this difficult. I'm mostly interested in folders and file types (mp3, mp4, pdf, etc.) Btw, I've been changing icons individually...
  3. Taskbar icons not changing.

Taskbar icons not changing.: Over a year ago I downloaded some icons for my taskbar. I had to download the icons, and then change the icon through windows, and then run the Reset Icon Cache tweak in Winaero Tweaker to actually get the icons to change. However, I decided to finally change it up, and now...
  4. Possibility for changing which icons appears in taskbar view by selected desktop

Possibility for changing which icons appears in taskbar view by selected desktop: Hi, is there any possibility how to set which "icons" should show in taskbar based on which virtual desktop is choosed? submitted by /u/gogotermixnator [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jhsw43/possibility_for_changing_which_icons_appears_in/
  5. Changing apps' icons, is it possible?

Changing apps' icons, is it possible?: I've seen loads of people changing the desktop icons of apps, and that's really easy to do and I am aware of how its done. But is there a file location for apps that stores the actual icon so you can change it completely so it shows your customized icon in the start menu and...
  6. Is Win7-style taskbar popup possible on Win10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Win7-style taskbar popup possible on Win10?: I've read a lot ... and made attempts ... to get the same nice taskbar preview on Win10 that I've had for years on Win7. These two captures show my progress, thus far (left) and what I'd like to have (right). I such a presentation possible? Thanks in advance for any help...
  7. docking taskbar in win10 to change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    docking taskbar in win10 to change: This seems to change this. Now, go to the taskbar. From the "lock the taskbar" go to "off" Then go to near bottom from "Taskbar location on screen" then choose "left, right, bottom, or left" Now works perfect. May have be sure you are at latest update....
  8. Win10 Toolbars: is text to icons possible?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Toolbars: is text to icons possible?: I am curious to know if the text can be changed to icons only or even include icons. Cannot stand seeing all that toolbar text... If it's even possible or i'll just get TrueLaunchbar 78039
  9. Changing taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing taskbar icons?: hey everyone new to this forum and windows in general (i come from a mac and than linux background). I was wondering if its possible to change somehow the firefox and spotify icons to match those of the default windows task bar icons so it looks more uniform? in linux...
  10. Re-alighning icons on the taskbar - possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Re-alighning icons on the taskbar - possible?: I have about 15 shortcut icons on my taskbar. They are all aligned to the left, leaving a big empty space on the right. Is there any way to to have the icons aligned more to the right...sort have them in the center of the taskbar? 36202