Windows 10: Is it possible to change this selection color?

Discus and support Is it possible to change this selection color? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/cbi5e5el2vy41.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=cdf8a3f011cae3b09365ae6ccba3066262c7d8b4 submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Baunilha11, May 15, 2020.

1. Is it possible to change this selection color?

/u/Baunilha11, May 15, 2020

2. How to change Desktop selection box color

Try the following steps, and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys.

• Type in regedit into the text box and press Enter.

• Follow the path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors.

• On the right pane, look for the value of HotTrackingColor.
    Select a color and copy your color numbers

RGB Color Codes Chart

It is given in three values representing the ratios of red, green and blue that range from 0 to 255.

• Enter values that mix to the color you want to have.

• Repeat the above step for the value of Hilight.

• Restart the computer.

Helder Carvalho Quaresma, May 15, 2020
  3. Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 15, 2020
  4. Is it possible to change this selection color?

change desktop background color

Hi,

To change the desktop background into a solid color, see the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop, and select Personalize.
    • Under Personalization, select Background.
    • On the right pane, click on the drop-down menu for Background, and then select
      Solid color.
    • Choose your preferred color and it should immediately make changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to change this selection color?

1. Is it possible to change this selection color? - Similar Threads - possible change selection

2. It's possible to change the color of the selection boxes that appear when you click a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It's possible to change the color of the selection boxes that appear when you click a...: I was changing the color of highlight text, and I wonder if it's possible to change the colors of those contrast boxes on the desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/its-possible-to-change-the-color-of-the-selection/e20ee561-57c0-404f-b5f0-d6b2321b425a
  3. It's possible to change the color of the selection boxes that appear when you click a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It's possible to change the color of the selection boxes that appear when you click a...: I was changing the color of highlight text, and I wonder if it's possible to change the colors of those contrast boxes on the desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/its-possible-to-change-the-color-of-the-selection/e20ee561-57c0-404f-b5f0-d6b2321b425a
  4. It's possible to change the color of the selection boxes that appear when you click a...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is it possible to change color of those buttons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change color of those buttons?: My theme accent color is light blue, yet those buttons are light red/purple. If I select png file then button is green, for selected zips color is pink. Is it possible to change them to light blue or some bluish variation? https://imgur.com/a/VLPkMfp submitted by...
  6. possible to change color of start menu only

possible to change color of start menu only: Id like to change color of start menu only while preserving the accent color for window titles. Is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/possible-to-change-color-of-start-menu-only/c19459bb-3e74-4d59-8da4-76578fa526c1
  7. Change right-click menu selection color?

Change right-click menu selection color?: I've updated to version 1903 today and notice a ridiculous change: in the right-click menu (such as right-clicking the recycle bin), the selection color showing you what option you are on with your mouse is now white. Since the menu is also white (less white, so fortunately...
  8. Is it possible to change the "color intensity" of the taskbar?

Is it possible to change the "color intensity" of the taskbar?: Hi everyone, I'm liking what I see about Windows 10 so far, but one thing that does bother me is the vibrancy of the colors of the start menu and task bar. I would prefer a more pastel color theme, but so far I haven't been able to find how to do that. I've tried following...
  9. [?] - Changing explorer folder color possible?

[?] - Changing explorer folder color possible?: [img] 52828
  10. Change Color of Translucent Selection Rectangle in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Color of Translucent Selection Rectangle in Windows: How to: Change Color of Translucent Selection Rectangle in Windows How to Change Color of Translucent Selection Rectangle in Windows The translucent selection rectangle is the box you see when you left click and hold, and then drag the pointer over items to select them...