Windows 10: Is It Possible To Change User Folder Name Without Affecting Game Saves And Any Other Files

Discus and support Is It Possible To Change User Folder Name Without Affecting Game Saves And Any Other Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I want to change my user folder name, because some games have problems with non-English letters in folder names. I opened a new user and use it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Burak Saraç, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Is It Possible To Change User Folder Name Without Affecting Game Saves And Any Other Files

Hi,

I want to change my user folder name, because some games have problems with non-English letters in folder names. I opened a new user and use it for these games but it was annoying to change users all the time and I am getting lots of important e-mails that I cannot miss. So, I tried to search for answers to change the folder name without affecting anything but all I could find was changing the User Name only. Is there anything I can do to solve this ridicolous problem? Thanks in advance.

:)

Burak Saraç, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Ryan_2013 Win User

Change User Name Folders

"The change the name on the Account folder is more difficult because it is more heavily protected. See this tutorial:https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/89060-chang..."

On this link, the details show renaming another account. I'm wanting to change the Admin account. It's a good thing I had another user setup on my computer, also as an Admin, because after changing the SID in step 8. And, unable to change the name in step
    11. As "Rename" wasn't in the list. I restarted the computer, since the Admin user account name was changed I was unable to load windows. I had to log into my other account, which was setup as Admin and change the SID back to the 5 letters the user name was
    titled.

My computer, Admin account, works again.

I wasn't wanting to just change another account user name, which this is possible to do. I wanted to change the main user, myself.

Ryan_2013, Jul 28, 2020
  3. User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Is It Possible To Change User Folder Name Without Affecting Game Saves And Any Other Files

UNABLE TO SAVE **ANY** FILE IN WINDOWS 10

Thank you for the assistance.

1. Have you login as Microsoft Account or Local Account?

I believe that I'm using the Microsoft Account.

2. Are you receiving any error message while trying to save document files?

I get the following error msg when trying to save a file to the Documents folder:

C:\Users\Kris\Documents\File Name ( ie: test01.docx)

You Dont't Have Permission To Save In This Location.

Contact the Administrator to Obtain Permission.

Do You Want to Save the File in the Documents Folder?

The "Yes" or "No" button are available.
    "Yes"
    puts me into a circle with the error msg. "No" lets me out of the window/save process.

3. When you say that "I can't play a game after the upgrade as the game won't save", are you trying to save something in game?

Example game "Banished". The game has an 'autosave' function, which worked prior to the upgrade to Windows 10 without an issue. I'm also unable to 'save' a game when exiting. This function worked without an issue also prior to the upgrade to
    Win10.

4. Are you login as Administrator account?

I believe that my log-in account is has Administrator privileges.

Results of following the suggestions:

Step #1: I am not able to save a MS-Word file to the desktop. When I click the save to the desktop, **there isno
    icon** added to the desktop for the file. NOTE that I am able to find the file in the desktop folder in Explorer however.

Step#2: I appear to be logged in as the administrator. When I follow the suggested path to determine the user settings, there is no "Users" (step #3) available. My icon does appear with the notation of "Administrator" under my user name
    and I appear to be in "Users". So I'm taking this as an indication that I'm the Administrator on the PC. The intent at install was to set myself as the Administrator.

Step#3: I did add "Everyone" (no quotes) to the list successfully. It appears in the list now.

When I click the OK button I get a error for every file in the folder.

Error Applying Security

-- There is a line showing the file path --

C:\Users\Kris\Documents\file name. I get this for every file in the folder, just the 'file name' changes.

-- The error box then says --

Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is Denied.

Clicking on the 'Continue' button will bring up the same error box, just with the next file's name.

Clicking on the 'Cancel' button ended up being what was necessary.

Step#4: When trying to Troubleshoot I got the following when using the 'Troubleshoot as Administrator':

"Troubleshooting couldn't Identify the Problem."

Again, thanks in advance for the assistance.

KrisBlackmarr, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Is It Possible To Change User Folder Name Without Affecting Game Saves And Any Other Files

1. Is It Possible To Change User Folder Name Without Affecting Game Saves And Any Other Files - Similar Threads - Possible Change User

2. how to change user name folder name in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change user name folder name in file explorer: Initiated Windows in new computer with W11 pre-installed. would like to change user name to my initials, as the user name is first 4 letters in my outlook mail name...
  3. how to change user name folder name in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change user name folder name in file explorer: Initiated Windows in new computer with W11 pre-installed. would like to change user name to my initials, as the user name is first 4 letters in my outlook mail name...
  4. Is there any way to rename user folder name aka this : C:\Users\<user name> without...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there any way to rename user folder name aka this : C:\Users\<user name> without...: i am trying to rename this because my current folder name is kind of a joke. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-rename-user-folder-name-aka/4858d831-8cf8-4422-b0c7-3f2b69fae403
  5. Is it possible change the name of the user folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible change the name of the user folder?: Hi all, I recently installed Windows 10 and in the process created a user. A few days later I noticed that anoyingly the folder name of the user folder is spelt wrong or rather the two last letters are simply missing. It seems there is an actual user name and then one or...
  6. Is it possible to change user name?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change user name?: I named my pc Pikachu when I first built it. But now I am no longer gaming and want to give my pc to my little nephew. Can I reformat it and give it to him and let him set up his own name? Will I need to do anything else? I remember when I first built it I had to download a...
  7. Is it possible to rename profile folder name without causing any issues?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to rename profile folder name without causing any issues?: I noticed when username is renamed the profile folder C:\users\xyz stays xyz it does not change. If we were to rename profile folder name to be consistent with renamed username would it cause any issues?...
  8. Change user name and user folder name

Change user name and user folder name: My Lenovo/Windows setup has chosen a stupid user name for me, shortened from the first letters of my MS account ID. How do I safely change my user name on my PC, and more importantly, my c:\users\user folder name whilst maintaining my Windows account name for logging in etc?...
  9. User's Files folder name changed to"Folders"

User's Files folder name changed to"Folders": User's files folder name(In my case its 'Dev') suddenly changed to "Folders". Whatever new account I create it still shows the home folder as "Folders". Pls help..Its really annoying.My brother used the laptop and accidently installed some malware and adware which i just...
  10. Is it possible to change this folder name ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible to change this folder name ?: Is it possible to change this folder name ? Because I type the wrong name when I install windows 10 *Sad In this folder C:\Users [img] 16405