Windows 10: Is it possible to change volume by scrolling on volume icon?

Discus and support Is it possible to change volume by scrolling on volume icon? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, recently, I installed Windows 10 on my laptop (after 1 year on Linux). So i tried to scroll on volume icon, but nothing changes. In Linux, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mojiberus, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Is it possible to change volume by scrolling on volume icon?

Hello, recently, I installed Windows 10 on my laptop (after 1 year on Linux).
    So i tried to scroll on volume icon, but nothing changes. In Linux, when scrolling on volume icon, you change volume by 5 percents/step

submitted by /u/mojiberus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mojiberus, Dec 4, 2020
  2. Ismail Win User

Windows 10 - Change volume with scroll on icon

I am used to hover my mouse over the volume icon. And when I scroll it changes the volume.

This works on windows 7 & ubuntu 16.04,14.04.

How can i make this work on windows 10?

Windows 10 requires me to click on the icon and open the volume slider before being able to scroll

Ismail, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Disappearing volume control icon on taskbar

Hi Brad,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in volume icon settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• Have you checked the issue with other user accounts?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off and then turn on volume icon. Check if it helps.

Method 1: I recommend you to try to turn on the system icon for volume by following below steps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Turn system icons on and off" without the quotes and click on it.

3. Turn off and then try to turn on the volume icon
    from the list.

If the issue still persist, refer to the method below.

Method 2: Try to update the audio driver in the Device Manager and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on Enter Key.

3. Expand Audio inputs and outputs.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update Driver Software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with volume icon on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 4, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

Is it possible to change volume by scrolling on volume icon?

Volume Icon will not load to Notification Bar

Hello,

May we know if you have made any software or hardware changes to your device prior to the issue?

We suggest to check if the system icons are turned off/on. To check the system icons, follow the steps below:

• Press the Start button, then click Settings
      > Personalization > Taskbar > Turn system icons on or off.
    • Check if the Volume is turned off/on.

We look forward to an update from you.

Regards.

David Haz, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to change volume by scrolling on volume icon?

1. Is it possible to change volume by scrolling on volume icon? - Similar Threads - possible change volume

2. changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume: I have tried everything on the main page. from speaker properties, updates and further advanced options and nothing seems to be working. it works on headphones. i tried to test my speakers and they preform well on the tests. I can adjust the volume in the settings for...
  3. changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume: I have tried everything on the main page. from speaker properties, updates and further advanced options and nothing seems to be working. it works on headphones. i tried to test my speakers and they preform well on the tests. I can adjust the volume in the settings for...
  4. Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page: It just opens a little sound window and lowers the volume. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-wheel-is-changing-the-volume-not-scrolling/5c92ced9-f70a-4ea6-a31f-6ee19a91602c
  5. Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page

Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page: It just opens a little sound window and lowers the volume. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-wheel-is-changing-the-volume-not-scrolling/5c92ced9-f70a-4ea6-a31f-6ee19a91602c
  6. Volume Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume Icon: Please tell me how to restore my volume icn in the bottomright-hand of my computer. It's gone! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-icon/25317a27-8980-47aa-b6c5-8d00ae762943
  7. Volume Icon

Volume Icon: Please tell me how to restore my volume icn in the bottomright-hand of my computer. It's gone! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-icon/25317a27-8980-47aa-b6c5-8d00ae762943
  8. Mouse Scroll Wheel Only Changing Volume?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Scroll Wheel Only Changing Volume?: My scroll mouse isn't working properly. The scroll button only changes the volume on my laptop. I want the scroll wheel to work as intended. I work on long word documents and not having the scroll wheel is impacting my productivity. I am currently using the Logitech MX Master...
  9. Volume icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume icon: I am unable to select volume adjust from my windows tray at bottem of screen. Right now it is set at 100%, but I would like to be able to adjust the volume up or down like before....
  10. My scroll wheel changes volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My scroll wheel changes volume: So my scroll wheel keeps randomly changing the volume sometimes it does sometimes it doeasnt and it's not about the cpi button beacause i tried that as well. I tried unplugging then plugging it back in but that didn't work either. Can someone help me? IS there a way to...