Windows 10: Is it possible to change Windows key under same licence

Discus and support Is it possible to change Windows key under same licence in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Is it possible to replace old key and get new key ?I want to change my windows license key. I want to submit my old key and request new key. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JayDalwadi, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Is it possible to change Windows key under same licence

Is it possible to replace old key and get new key ?I want to change my windows license key.

I want to submit my old key and request new key.

Is Microsoft allowed replace key,under sane license?

:)

JayDalwadi, Jun 14, 2020

2. Windows XP Home Licence...

Yes it's possible, How to do it? Not sure... I'm sure it's not that hard, you order a copy of Windows. They email you the key.... Just a guess. And possible send you a hard copy.

CrackerJack, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    Change of licence key- Windows 10

Hi,

The second option that you've posted is actually the best way of moving a hard disk drive to another device. We'd recommend updating the product key once the hard disk drive of machine 1 is already attached to machine 2. To do this, you can perform the following:

• Search and launch Settings using Cortana.
    • Click on Update & Security.
    • Click on the Activation option.
    • Click on Change product key.
    • Enter machine 2's product key.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts.

We'd recommend performing the steps posted on this
    link
    should the steps posted above don't suffice. The steps are intended for reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change.

In the event that the recommended steps didn't work for you, we'd recommend contacting our support team. To do this, click on this

link

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Jelu Cal, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Chryonn Win User

Is it possible to change Windows key under same licence

Two OEM licence keys (different Windows versions) on one PC

Hello,
    I'm in the process of building another PC and I want to know if it's possible for two versions of Windows to reside next to each other legitimately. I would have windows 7 and 10 as a dual-boot system. So if I buy OEM keys and activate them would one de-activate the other? I know that OEM licence keys are bound to the mobo and are irrevocable. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Chryonn, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to change Windows key under same licence

1. Is it possible to change Windows key under same licence - Similar Threads - possible change key

2. Windows licence key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows licence key: Hi guys,I'm having problems activating my license on the PC. I changed motherboard and CPU, and the key that I have doesn't work because of the hardware change. can I do anything about it?...
  3. Windows licence key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows licence key: Hi guys,I'm having problems activating my license on the PC. I changed motherboard and CPU, and the key that I have doesn't work because of the hardware change. can I do anything about it?...
  4. Windows licence key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is it possible to activate same licence after changing hardware specs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to activate same licence after changing hardware specs?: Ladies and Gentlemen. Just a quick question. Ive added some harddrives to my setup so no major changes in PC configuration. Will i still be able to automatically activate Windows? Getting some strange behaviour lately like buttons from the right click menu on the task...
  6. Is it possible to change the time under a domain?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change the time under a domain?: My school PC shows a different time than my main PC and phone. I thought that was weird so I checked my time zone on my main PC and it turns out be the same time zone. Do I need to sync it? ——————————————————————— (With a domain) Windows 10 Education Version 1909...
  7. possible change Licence policy for msdn

possible change Licence policy for msdn: free Licence windows,visual studio,office.Commission for sell program or Top up games for buy game item https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/possible-change-licence-policy-for-msdn/d25fc3fe-eb4c-4aa9-b20e-c5dc6ae84ba5"
  8. Licence key

Licence key: Hello community, I am trying to find out if there is a way I can get my old windows 10 home key from my dead laptop the hard drives and ram corrupt and couldn't even get past the bios, it's now taken apart and used for parts. so I can use it in my newly built desktop rather...
  9. Licence Key

Licence Key: I want to ask, my laptop's hard disk got damaged and after exchanged it my window has not been activated (originally was digital activation). So, i wonder if i can got it activated and if i can, can i know how ? Btw, I also dont remember my account since i never took serious...
  10. licence key

licence key: Hi there, I recently got my motherboard upgraded for my son for gaming and the technician reinstalled windows 10 but now asking for licence key again?? I done as much reading as I can and turns out hes installed pro instead of home (which I still have key for) I have tried...