Windows 10: Is it possible to channel different Internet connections to different apps/games/programs?...

Discus and support Is it possible to channel different Internet connections to different apps/games/programs?... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! This is probably a long shot. But is it possible (natively or via addons) to designate an internet connection to a specific piece of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jonni_kennito, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Is it possible to channel different Internet connections to different apps/games/programs?...

Hello! This is probably a long shot. But is it possible (natively or via addons) to designate an internet connection to a specific piece of software/app/game?

For example, can I have my desktop PC run off the ethernet connection? (everything)
    Yet force games to use my mobile phone's connection (Mobile Internet)

I ask because I have a shared internet connection which is great for general use but is extremely bad for gaming as people will stream Netflix on multiple devices.

My mobile connection works great for games, its just that I don't want my mobile data being chewed up be random background downloads and services that may start.

I am aware of metered mode on Windows 10 etc.

submitted by /u/Jonni_kennito
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jonni_kennito, Mar 14, 2020
  2. tdubz Win User

Assign different internet connections for different programmes?

Hello there,

I was wondering if it is possible to assign different internet connections for different programmes? I have 2 internet connections - 1. One that has very poor download & upload speeds but has a low ping and 2. another connection which has very fast download & upload speeds but has a very high ping. Is it possible to assign the first connection to gaming and the second connection to chrome for video streaming?

OR

Is it possible to combine them and use the ping from the first connection and use the download & upload speeds from the second connection?

Cheers,

tdubz, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Is it possible to pin different apps on a taskbar on different virtual desktops in Windows 10?

Hi,

You can personalize the desktop of two computers by pinning the apps, documents and other programs to the taskbar.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you referring to dual screen desktop feature of the computer?
    • Do you want to personalize two different PC taskbars?

You can differ personalizing taskbar applications on different computers. You can either pin the same or differ the applications, programs or games on the computer taskbar according to the necessity.

To pin the apps to taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Click on Windows logo key on the keyboard to open
      Start menu
    • Right click on the app and select Pin to taskbar option from the context menu.
    • Close the window and check if the app is pinned to taskbar.

Refer to Get Started with Windows 10 Love it? Pin it and check if it helps.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of pinning apps to taskbar on two desktops in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 14, 2020
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Is it possible to channel different Internet connections to different apps/games/programs?...

Assign different internet connections for different programmes?

Hi there
    @tdubz

I can't see why not -- if you've got 2 different connections -- normally though it's better to have 2 NIC's for this

however even with 1 NIC you could create a proxy server for some applications forcing it to go through connection 1 while the default (you can set those in the browser or the Internet connection program to skip using the proxy) to go through connection 2.

There might be other ways as these 2 connections would have 2 different SSID's anyway.

I'm sure there are more ways to do this so hopefully more people will post back possibly easier solutions -- don't believe suggestions that it's impossible -- Just needs a bit of research.

If you've got a decent unlimited plan on the phone (I think the 5g things being rolled out now in various countries usually have unlimited offerings) then just ditch the slow ISP thing -- why pay twice !!!!.

BTW cheap USB-->wifi adapters could be used as an easy way to have 2 NIC's on the computer if you want to do it that way. You could also mess around with "subnets" etc but that sort of stuff is "well beyond my pay grade"

My solution is more like an Engineering solution -- I'm sure someone will come up with a better technical one though.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to channel different Internet connections to different apps/games/programs?...

1. Is it possible to channel different Internet connections to different apps/games/programs?... - Similar Threads - possible channel different

2. Is it possible to have different desktops on different computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to have different desktops on different computers?: I have one desktop that I use for games and heavier programs like fusion 360 as well as a laptop used for tuning my car and school. They both are signed into the same windows account and would like them to have different desktops. When I make a change on my laptop like...
  3. Is it possible to have different desktops on different computers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to have different desktops on different computers?: I have one desktop that I use for games and heavier programs like fusion 360 as well as a laptop used for tuning my car and school. They both are signed into the same windows account and would like them to have different desktops. When I make a change on my laptop like...
  4. Is it possible to have different desktops on different computers?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Different screen resolutions for different Users - Is this possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different screen resolutions for different Users - Is this possible?: Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me. I have a pc which I use for both work and gaming. When gaming I connect my pc to my tv (instead of my usual dual monitors for work). I'd love to be able login to my 'Gaming' user account and for the resolution to be...
  6. Selecting different ISP for different programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Selecting different ISP for different programs: Hi community. There is any way to select one specific ISP for a determinate .exe when you have two differents ISP at the same time? [ATTACH] Hola comunidad. Hay alguna manera de seleccionar un ISP especifico para un .exe cuando tienes dos ISP al mismo tiempo?...
  7. Is it possible to assign different networks to different apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to assign different networks to different apps?: Let's say I'm connected to a WiFi network and I want uTorrent to download some legal files using this network at full speed. At the same time, I've USB tethered my phone to my PC to use my mobile data. I want to use this 4G network to browse on Chrome on my PC. submitted by...
  8. Assign different internet connections for different programmes?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Assign different internet connections for different programmes?: Hello there, I was wondering if it is possible to assign different internet connections for different programmes? I have 2 internet connections - 1. One that has very poor download & upload speeds but has a low ping and 2. another connection which has very fast download &...
  9. Different language in different apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different language in different apps: Hi, I just bought a computer and I noticed that some apps appear in a different language than the one I had set it up with. I speak 2 languages, spanish and korean, the computer is in spanish and I noticed that the notifications of my mail were in korean and also my...
  10. Different Display Size for Different Programs

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Different Display Size for Different Programs: OK, since I started using my SP4 with Win 10, I've noticed a number of things - particularly Java-based (but not all Java based)- appear at about half the size I'd like them to, and can't be adjusted. Now here's a new one. I have one piece of software that now appears...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to assign apps to different internet connections