Windows 10: Is it possible to check BIOS Options, from Windows, based on version?

Discus and support Is it possible to check BIOS Options, from Windows, based on version? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there any way to check if a computers bios has a "power on automatically on a schedule" option based on its System Model alone? I cant get to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RetratsRevo, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Is it possible to check BIOS Options, from Windows, based on version?

Is there any way to check if a computers bios has a "power on automatically on a schedule" option based on its System Model alone? I cant get to the physical computer in question to check for myself because its in another county, and I wouldn't want to go there and find out there is no "power on automatically" option in bios.
    But I can access the windows desktop of that computer, and see its System Information, so is there any way I can check bios options solely based on the system information?

[if I could have someone check for me, I wouldn't be asking for alternative methods]

:)

RetratsRevo, Mar 29, 2019

2. Powercolor RX480 BIOS required

Find the unverified bios option.

eidairaman1, Mar 29, 2019
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Mar 29, 2019
  4. Is it possible to check BIOS Options, from Windows, based on version?

Directx recognizes different BIOS version than actual installed BIOS version

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

With regards to BIOS information, I suggest you to get in touch with the computer manufacturer as they will be able to give a better clarity on it.

Windows 10 by default comes with DirectX11.

Firstly, I suggest you to install all the pending Windows Updates and check.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

Is it possible to check BIOS Options, from Windows, based on version?

1. Is it possible to check BIOS Options, from Windows, based on version? - Similar Threads - possible check BIOS

2. SSD not appearing as a boot option in BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD not appearing as a boot option in BIOS: I recently cloned my system to my SSD (laptop crashed, when it got fixed windows was installed on my hard drive instead, but laptop came with SSD). I am trying to set it as the boot option in BIOS, but it isn't appearing. The SSD is working fine normally, as I said I...
  3. Is it possible to install 64-bit version on a x86-based PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to install 64-bit version on a x86-based PC?: Hi Is it possible to install the 64-bit version of Windows 10 on an "ACPI x86-based PC" even if it's processor (Core 2 Duo T5800) is 64-bit compatible? I'm trying to upgrade my old laptop from 32-bit Windows 10 to a 64-bit version. Can you help me whether should I install...
  4. "Check for Updates" option is greyed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Check for Updates" option is greyed out: Hi ,I am using Windows 10 Pro and the ""Check for Updates" option is greyed out . In the past I had changed some registry and group policy settings to stop windows update but now I want to update windows and forgot which settings I've changed. Is there anyway to roll back...
  5. Keyboard options -- some possibilities to consider

Keyboard options -- some possibilities to consider: This isn't a question but more of an informational post, as I thought some people might find it helpful. If you're a long term laptop/notebook owner, you've probably run into the situation where your keyboard begins to wear out. Maybe a key goes bad and you can't fix it. Or...
  6. Microsoft Boot Option in My Bios

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Boot Option in My Bios: Hi, I run windows 10 on a Dell XPS 8920 computer. Until just a few days ago there were only (3) boot options in my bios and they are Windows Boot Manager, Onboard NIC (IPV4) and (IPV6). Now, suddenly, out of nowhere, there is a fourth option named (microsoft). I have no...
  7. Is it possible to change my BIOS splashscreen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to change my BIOS splashscreen?: Hello I have an ASUS Z170 pro gaming motherboard and I want to change the screen the motherboard shows during POST. Is it possible and how? Thanks 107196
  8. Set Bios to 1st check for Usb device ?

Set Bios to 1st check for Usb device ?: Hello & Thanks ,WIndows 10 , x64 , ThinkPad : I am trying to reset Bios to 1st check for Usb FlashDevice . I have no dvd . Via StartButton/ShiftKey/Restart I can get to Reset Settigs screen. And I have tried all the options 1 - 9 & Fn10 . But still can't get to Bios setting...
  9. How can I reflash BIOS? Is possible??

How can I reflash BIOS? Is possible??: Is there a way to reflash the BIOS? Its important that I do this. 42078
  10. Check if Windows 10 is using UEFI or Legacy BIOS

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Check if Windows 10 is using UEFI or Legacy BIOS: Great tutorial - I would have stopped at option 1 as it does the job perfectly but hey I am just a lazy engineer who loves great solutions with minimal effort *chuckle. 85195