Windows 10: Is it possible to choose certain folders on PC to sync with OneDrive?

Discus and support Is it possible to choose certain folders on PC to sync with OneDrive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! There is Folder Protection feature in OneDrive, but the only locations which it can sync are Desktop, Documents and Pictures. Can I select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Murad Ahmadzada, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Is it possible to choose certain folders on PC to sync with OneDrive?

Hello!

There is Folder Protection feature in OneDrive, but the only locations which it can sync are Desktop, Documents and Pictures. Can I select other folders to be protected by this feature? Maybe a certain folder which is located in Documents.

:)

Murad Ahmadzada, Jan 31, 2019
  2. Caledon Ken, Jan 31, 2019
  3. infinidim Win User
    Choose Folders for OneDrive Selective Sync in Windows 10  

Thanks for the tutorial but in my case I can't sync my folders. Not because of a bug but because of the size of them. I have one folder which is 240 Gb which I need to get at certain files regularly - my solution until Microsoft give us something that works like Windows 8.1.1 is to keep them when I need them on my PC and then copy them back - I use "File Brick" as it allow me to see all my files on OneDrive and also to just click on them to open them on my machine. I also allows me to access all my "cloud services" in one place as well and copy from one cloud service to another. It just works which is more than can be said for OneDrive in Windows 10.

Please note I have no vested interest in File Brick - it just seems to do what I need currently. Once Microsoft give us the features that we need in Windows 10 OneDrive I will go back to just using it on it's own. The feature that I am talking about has been raised in OneDrive "user voice" see following URL -

add an advanced option to restore showing ALL OneDrive files in Explorer, synced or not – Feature Suggestions for Windows

Currently there are nearly 17000 votes for it but as normal Microsoft is not listening. If you have had issues with OneDrive in Windows 10 and are syncing back and forth large amounts of data it will be worth voting for it.

Regards

Infindim

infinidim, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Is it possible to choose certain folders on PC to sync with OneDrive?

Choose Folders for OneDrive Selective Sync in Windows 10  

Hi,
    Welcome to the forum

Are you right clicking Onedrive in the taskbar?
    Then select settings from here

Is it possible to choose certain folders on PC to sync with OneDrive? [​IMG]

paulsalter, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Is it possible to choose certain folders on PC to sync with OneDrive?

1. Is it possible to choose certain folders on PC to sync with OneDrive? - Similar Threads - possible choose certain

2. Onedrive and This PC folder sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive and This PC folder sync: I have Windows 10 and just moved to Onedrive in order to sync my files to the cloud like I did with iDrive. My goal is to ensure all the files and folders in the Documents folder and Desktop are backed up automatically whenever they change. Boom!Unfortunately, when I change...
  3. Onedrive and This PC folder sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive and This PC folder sync: I have Windows 10 and just moved to Onedrive in order to sync my files to the cloud like I did with iDrive. My goal is to ensure all the files and folders in the Documents folder and Desktop are backed up automatically whenever they change. Boom!Unfortunately, when I change...
  4. Onedrive and This PC folder sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Certain OneDrive Sync folder location showing 0 kb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain OneDrive Sync folder location showing 0 kb: Trying to set up OneDrive after it got corrupted on 12/4. The "Owner" files show no data and are not sync'ing. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certain-onedrive-sync-folder-location-showing-0-kb/4896baf0-1c23-43ce-923e-2d0b9cdc3829
  6. Certain OneDrive Sync folder location showing 0 kb

Certain OneDrive Sync folder location showing 0 kb: Trying to set up OneDrive after it got corrupted on 12/4. The "Owner" files show no data and are not sync'ing. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certain-onedrive-sync-folder-location-showing-0-kb/4896baf0-1c23-43ce-923e-2d0b9cdc3829
  7. Possible to Sync Hard Drive Folder with OneDrive Folder?

Possible to Sync Hard Drive Folder with OneDrive Folder?: I would like to create a sync in which, whenever I update files in a folder on my hard drive, it automatically updates the corresponding folder on my OneDrive. I do not want to have to manually move updated files from the hard drive folder to my OneDrive folder, and I don't...
  8. Is it possible for OneDrive to not sync a certain desktop folder?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible for OneDrive to not sync a certain desktop folder?: Hey guys, I am loving the OneDrive feature and my subscription that allows me to backup all my data on my username without worrying to lose data whenever I format my hard drive. But I seem to be having one problem with this OneDrive feature and it's that I do not know how...
  9. Choose Folders to Sync Before OneDrive Starts

Choose Folders to Sync Before OneDrive Starts: Hi, OneDrive is driving me crazy! It starts syncing all folders when I open it! Is there any way to select the folders before the first use? The issue is that when I go to settings to unselect some folders, at least one of these issues occurs: 1. It show's this error...
  10. Choose Folders for OneDrive Selective Sync in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Choose Folders for OneDrive Selective Sync in Windows 10: How to: Choose Folders for OneDrive Selective Sync in Windows 10 How to Choose Folders for OneDrive Selective Sync in Windows 10 OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you saved online to OneDrive.com. When you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is it possible to syncronize onedrive browser and pc