Windows 10: Is it possible to clone OEM Partition?

Discus and support Is it possible to clone OEM Partition? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Acer Swift SF314-54G. I have Windows 10 Home Single Language pre-installed by Acer. Recently, I bought new SSD (Adata SX8200 Pro) because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MasterWinYZ, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Is it possible to clone OEM Partition?

Hi, I have a Acer Swift SF314-54G. I have Windows 10 Home Single Language pre-installed by Acer. Recently, I bought new SSD (Adata SX8200 Pro) because the HDD had seemed too slow to run Windows Applications. I cloned the old disk with AOMEI Backupper to my new SSD. After the cloning process has completed, I opened Windows Disk Management and found that the Recovery Partition (OEM Partition) had been changed to Primary Partition in the cloned SSD. Is it possible to clone the OEM Partition. I was not able to boot to the new Recovery partition too.

A screenshot of the Windows Disk Management is attached. (Disk 0 is the old HDD, Disk 1 is the new SSD) Is it possible to clone OEM Partition? 39f4e1de-7c5c-4257-817d-1b774f579ac7?upload=true.jpg

:)

MasterWinYZ, Dec 18, 2019
  2. Darkmind Win User

partition cloning help!

Well I just bought a SATA seagate 320gb 7200.10 hard drive. I had to get a power adapter, but anyway. It's in as Drive F (did disk management). Now all I want to do is clone the partition from my old hard drive to my new hard drive. Copy windows and everything else over on my new hard drive, take out my old drive and then use the new drive as the primary C drive. I have norton ghost, and partition magic. I heard ghost is much better. Could someone tell me step by step how to accomplish this? I think I know how, but I do NOT wanna take any chances here..

Darkmind, Dec 18, 2019
  3. g geek Win User
    clone MBR HD to bootable GPT partition?

My HP Vista laptop took a swim and died. I pulled the 320MB HD, put it in an external enclosure and found it still good. Bought a new Dell Win 10 machine w/ 1TB HD. Plan was to:

• Partition off a piece of the new 1TB w/ native Win10 Disk Management.

• Clone the 320MB Vista drive into the new partition w/ Easeus Partition Manager.

• Run Paragon-adaptive-restore on the Vista partition.

• Set up as dual-boot Win10 / Vista.
    Ran into problems right away. Apparently can't clone the MBR HD to a GPT partition and have it remain bootable. Don't see a way to do this without wiping the new Dell 1TB clean – which I'm hesitant to do, especially since I'm about 6000 miles from
    home right now.

• What's the solution to cloning the MBR drive to a bootable GPT partition?

• Am I on the right track? I really want to preserve this Vista installation - I have 30+ years of data in legacy programs on it that would be very difficult to access in Win10.
    TIA

g geek, Dec 18, 2019
  4. Vulcan Win User

Is it possible to clone OEM Partition?

Updated to 1803 via Windows Update - now D: OEM partition is showing

Here's how you remove it from OEM partition. Let's assume in this scenario that the OEM partition has letter F and it's listed as Volume 4. Here are the steps:

1. Do a search for cmd and right click it and run As Administrator.
    2. Type the following commands one by one (hit Enter after each one of them):

> diskpart
    > list volume
    > select volume 4
    > remove letter=F

Done.

Vulcan, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

Is it possible to clone OEM Partition?

1. Is it possible to clone OEM Partition? - Similar Threads - possible clone OEM

2. Cloning windows partition with multiple disk partitions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloning windows partition with multiple disk partitions.: I want to migrate my windows to a new ssd and I have watched multiple videos and read blogs but there is not a single piece of information on how to do it for hdd with multiple drives, I am trying to use macrium reflect for the process so what I am trying to do is to not...
  3. Clone Windows partition without losing other partitions on clone drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone Windows partition without losing other partitions on clone drive: Long ago I acquired a 2TB SSD to replace a 2 TB HDD but with the intent for the HDD to replace the optical drive for extra space for gaming and how these became 100s of gigs lately . So back then I tried to look up a solution for just cloning the system partitions as I had...
  4. Clone Windows partition without losing other partitions on clone drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clone Windows partition without losing other partitions on clone drive: Long ago I acquired a 2TB SSD to replace a 2 TB HDD but with the intent for the HDD to replace the optical drive for extra space for gaming and how these became 100s of gigs lately . So back then I tried to look up a solution for just cloning the system partitions as I had...
  5. Clone OS partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clone OS partition: Hey, I’m having trouble moving my windows 10 install over to my new ssd. I have tried cloning the entire disk and or all partitions from old to new drive using easeus, minitool, and aomei, but nothing seems to work after if clone everything, I restarted pc and booted from new...
  6. Recovering OEM Partition

Recovering OEM Partition: I accidentally formatted OEM Partition using Diskpart during assigning name to drive. Now I don't know how to recover it. When I try to create a recovery Drive by CMD or Recovery Options It is giving error that "Some files are Missing" and cmd error "REAGENTC.EXE: The...
  7. Is it possible to move OEM Partition ?

Is it possible to move OEM Partition ?: [ATTACH] Hi all, Above is my new 1TB SSD. I've cloned it from my 500 GB one. My question is, i there any way I can extend my C drive with all that unallocated space without reinstall?...
  8. Cloning Profile Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloning Profile Partition: Quite some time ago, with lots of help from folks here, I put my boot partition and user profiles/data on separate hard drives, C: and D:, respectively. Recently, the drive for my user profiles, D:, started having a SMART error. This prevented a normal reboot sequence which...
  9. Clone Windows Partition

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone Windows Partition: I want to clone my windows partition to a 250GB SSD. C currently resides on a 3TB drive that has 4 other partitions on it. Using Macrium I can see the C partition fine along with the rest. I only want the C to be cloned and not the rest which obviously wont fit anyway. Do I...
  10. OEM cloning windows 10

OEM cloning windows 10: Hi, I purchased a laptop with OEM windows 8.1 last year and managed to clone the HDD to an SSD after much trial and error. I wish to now upgrade to windows 10 on this cloned SSD but am concerned that I may run into issues with regard to boot manager etc...I don't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. copy oem partition to new drive

2. cloning windows with oem partition

3. windows clone oem partition