Windows 10: is it possible to combine two partitions with a healthy partition in the middle?

Discus and support is it possible to combine two partitions with a healthy partition in the middle? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. My primary hard drive is partitioned into two and it has a small healthy partition in the middle. I want to combine both of the partitions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DJG87, Jan 12, 2021.

1. DJG87 Win User

is it possible to combine two partitions with a healthy partition in the middle?

Hi.

My primary hard drive is partitioned into two and it has a small healthy partition in the middle. I want to combine both of the partitions together by extending the first partition. However the extension option in the disk management is greyed out. How do I go about sorting this out?

Any ideas?

is it possible to combine two partitions with a healthy partition in the middle? d2266ac0-dd7f-41ab-b8b6-c5ed31645094?upload=true.png

:)

DJG87, Jan 12, 2021

2. Healthy (EFI System Partition) and OEM Healthy Partition)

HI my HDD have 6 partitions,my question is ;one of the partitions is (EFI System Partition) and other is OEM healthy Partition,I don't know what is in it,Iwonder if i can see what is in it?and what hapen if i delete this partition whithout damage my windows
    or my recovery disk

HectorEdenburg, Jan 12, 2021
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jan 12, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

is it possible to combine two partitions with a healthy partition in the middle?

95Viper, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

1. is it possible to combine two partitions with a healthy partition in the middle? - Similar Threads - possible combine partitions

2. About Healthy EFI partition system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About Healthy EFI partition system: Hello I want know about healthy EFI partition system its important or not for windows 10, what is uses ?because i want remove this partition.Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-healthy-efi-partition-system/241774e2-2b0a-4fe7-b8f9-5b0fa8991b69
  3. Resizing Partition after cloning but healthy recovery partition is in the way.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Resizing Partition after cloning but healthy recovery partition is in the way.: Hi all. I'm looking all over and I can't get an answer on this: I cloned my OS drive on my SSD to an M.2 drive. The SSD was 500gb. My M.2 drive is 1tb. I now have almost 500gb of unallocated space. The problem is this: There is my C drive, a 'recovery partition',...
  4. Recovering Healthy Partitions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recovering Healthy Partitions: During this morning's Window's update, my backup drive lost 3 out of 4 partitions. It rebooted and all of a sudden, three partitions were no more. The data is there, the drive letters show up, but if you try to access them, it wants to reformat the partition. I have run it...
  5. How to combine two partitions that are not contiguous?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to combine two partitions that are not contiguous?: Hi everyone. I previously had Ubuntu set up to dual boot with Windows 10 on 100 GB. I wanted to increase the size to 170 GB and reinstall Ubuntu, so I deleted the Ubuntu partition, and shrunk my C drive by 70 GB. However, there is now a recovery drive between my two...
  6. Healthy EFI Sytem Partition and Healthy Recovery partition next to my C drive - Unable to...

Healthy EFI Sytem Partition and Healthy Recovery partition next to my C drive - Unable to...: I have a HP Pavilion with Windows 10. My C drive has only 35 GB free out of 161 GB. I was looking to extend my C drive but the extend volume option is greyed out. When I checked the Disk Management I have one health partition to the left of my C drive and one health partition...
  7. Combine partitioned drive

Combine partitioned drive: How do I combine a portioned drive in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/combine-partitioned-drive/75c5e2ae-3689-45d8-a66c-69a1850e4f62"
  8. Question re combining two partitions into one partition on SSD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question re combining two partitions into one partition on SSD: I have replaced a 256GB SSD M2 C Drive on my laptop with a larger 500GB SSD M2. Below is an image of the new 500 GB C drive which I have just restored from a macrium image. I want to have the maximum space I can get out of the drive Is the recovery partition needed if I have...
  9. Healthy (EFI System Partition) and OEM Healthy Partition)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Healthy (EFI System Partition) and OEM Healthy Partition): HI my HDD have 6 partitions,my question is ;one of the partitions is (EFI System Partition) and other is OEM healthy Partition,I don't know what is in it,Iwonder if i can see what is in it?and what hapen if i delete this partition whithout damage my windows or my recovery...
  10. Combine partitions

Combine partitions: Can someone tell me how I am going to be able to put the unallocated space into my C drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/combine-partitions/7e0c861b-8296-4566-a83a-68e7400ca4de"