Windows 10: Is it possible to configure or program a hyperlink to open only in a specific browser.

Discus and support Is it possible to configure or program a hyperlink to open only in a specific browser. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, My manager asked this question yesterday and all of the information that I have found says, no. But all of the information was several years... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DarrylAMann, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Is it possible to configure or program a hyperlink to open only in a specific browser.

Hello,

My manager asked this question yesterday and all of the information that I have found says, no. But all of the information was several years old, there was nothing current on the question. In our environment, we allow staff to use the browser they like. Most staff use chrome, but chrome does not allow for building a hyperlink into a .PDF for a specific page, but IE and Edge do allow this feature. So, I need a way to force the hyperlink to open IE or Edge before the URL for the hyperlink.

:)

DarrylAMann, Nov 7, 2019

2. windows 10 hyperlink opening

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• Do you have Internet Explorer set as a default program?
    • Do you face the issue only with the hyperlinks from an email?
    • On which email application do you face this issue?

We would suggest you to copy the hyperlink or use an hyperlink from a wordpad and check if you face the same issue.

Get back to us with the details to further assist you.

Ravinath P, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Psyort Win User
    Programs take minutes to open default browser

Hi Microsoft Community,

Default browser takes 1-5+ minutes to launch the from links or prompts in other programs. Windows 10 Pro

Example 1:

Click a hyperlink in Mail (Version 17.8600.40525.0). No response until minutes later the page opens.

Example 2:

Right-click plex media server > open plex. No response until minutes later the page opens.

Example 3:

Run userbenchmark program. Test completes and says results opening in browser. Minutes later the page opens.

Fresh install of Windows 10 Pro (from win 10 boot usb) on new computer. So far this computer has never instantly opened a browser page from a hyperlink or prompt. Problem exists for any default browser: IE, ME, Firefox, Chrome - yes they are configured properly.
    The delay is there whether the browser is open or not. I'm guessing the problem exists within Windows rather than the programs or default browser.

Steps taken: Indexed C:, Reset windows, disabled firewalls, no AV, used browser safe modes.

Specs:

Ryzen 1300X, Asrock AB350 ITX, 8GB HyperX, GTX 750 Ti, EVO 850 SSD. Previous computer used same GPU and SSD (formatted since), this problem did not exist.

Can anyone help to fix?

Psyort, Nov 7, 2019
  4. phaeren86 Win User

Is it possible to configure or program a hyperlink to open only in a specific browser.

Did You Mean to Switch Apps - Hyperlinks in Microsoft Reader

1. Following your steps did nothing, Google Chrome is already my default browser.

2. Why would this not be something that can be turned off? That seems ridiculous. I do not need to be asked every single time I click a hyperlink if I want to switch to my browser. Of course I want to switch to the browser, thats why I clicked the hyperlink
    in the first place!!

I use Microsoft eReader to read digital texts with embedded hyperlinks for referencing outside materials, and every time I try to follow a link I have to deal with this pop-up. If there is no way to turn this off, I highly suggest you add it.

I can't even think of a single purpose for this pop-up, let alone why it was added in the first place.

It's also only with Microsoft eReader. If I read my .pdf files in Adobe Acrobat Reader, the links open with one pop-up asking me to allow the site and then it never asks again. I prefer eReader due to it UI over Adobe, but if this is something that cannot
    be turned off, I will have to discontinue using your app and go back to adobe

phaeren86, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Is it possible to configure or program a hyperlink to open only in a specific browser.

1. Is it possible to configure or program a hyperlink to open only in a specific browser. - Similar Threads - possible configure program

2. Is it possible to make only specific file open with a different program?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to make only specific file open with a different program?: Hello I am using Autohotkey language(or whatevcer that is) for one script I've written the script in notepad and then in properties changed the default program that launches the file to Autohotkey, unsurprisingly all notepad files now try to open with this...
  3. Is it possible to associate a program to a specific filename?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to associate a program to a specific filename?: Is it possible to associate a program to a specific file name so that double clicking the file will open it in the associated program? I would like to be able to open "DOCKERFILE" in Visual Studio Code when double clicked. Since this file has no extension I don't see any way...
  4. How to stop a specific program from opening the browser?

How to stop a specific program from opening the browser?: I am using GOM player as a media player, I am super comfortable with it that I don't want to ever change it, but it has one annoying feature which is opening their page on chrome after most of my watches (exactly when I close the GOM player window) How can I prevent only GOM...
  5. Windows scaling only for a specific program?

Windows scaling only for a specific program?: Don't know where to ask this, I tried searching but did not get anything useful. I'm wondering if there is a Program or a command line that makes certain application run at a different scaling than that of default. ex.: Game I play has text and UI based on windows scaling...
  6. Mic not working in programs, only in browsers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic not working in programs, only in browsers: Hey I got an external mic, that i run through an external soundcard, Focusrite Forte, wich i use for recording music. A month ago it all worked, but now i cant hear my mic in programs like, steam, microsoft teams etc., but it works just fine, if i want to use it in my...
  7. windows not opening programs/apps properly from hyperlinks

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows not opening programs/apps properly from hyperlinks: Hi, when i click on hyperlinks (i.e. from outlook) it doesn't automatically show me chrome it just opens a new tab and highlights in orange the chrome icon in the application bar. [both chrome and outlook are my default apps] Windows behave similarly whenever a...
  8. Browser won't open ANY hyperlink...

in Browsers and Email
    Browser won't open ANY hyperlink...: A good friend of mine bought this week a new laptop but... it won't open ANY hyperlink on any site. It just starts up Google as the home page and that's it. You can't search with it, you can't click any links. It just does NOTHING! So what to do? What advice can I give him?...
  9. Browser won't open ANY hyperlink...

in Windows 10 Support
    Browser won't open ANY hyperlink...: A good friend of mine bought this week a new laptop but... it won't open ANY hyperlink on any site. It just starts up Google as the home page and that's it. You can't search with it, you can't click any links. It just does NOTHING! So what to do? What advice can I give him?...
  10. Opening specific website with a specific browser (other than Edge).

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening specific website with a specific browser (other than Edge).: I am trying to open a website (h2owirelessnow.com) with the TOR browser. Is there a way to select a link and have it open the website with a browser other than the default?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hyperlink to open program