Windows 10: Is it possible to configure the recording settings for xbox game capture?

Discus and support Is it possible to configure the recording settings for xbox game capture? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, the screen capture via Xbox gaming has been very useful and I prefer it over other programs. The only issue is, I take long recordings and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sparkinflint, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Is it possible to configure the recording settings for xbox game capture?

Hi,

the screen capture via Xbox gaming has been very useful and I prefer it over other programs. The only issue is, I take long recordings and the default settings usually leave me with video files in the range of 6-15 gb.

I was wondering if its possible to configure the recording settings. Ideally, I'd like it to record via nvidia nvec so that the video is in h.265. I would also be interested to learn how to configure the bit rate for the recording.

submitted by /u/sparkinflint
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sparkinflint, Sep 22, 2020

2. Is it possible to record two audios in a game capture?

I use a SteelSeries GameDac, which splits Game Audio and Chat audio into two separate audio devices in my settings. In the audio mix for the Win+G menu, I only have one option for output audio. Is it possible to record two audios so it captures the Game
    Audio and Voice Chat in the 30-second game capture?

chonkerman, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Game DVR randomly cutting out sound when recording

Hi Jordan,

Having an incorrect configuration setting is one of the possible reasons why you're having an issue using the Game DVR. To help you resolve this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you having the issue when you're using the Xbox app?
    • Were you able to record a video without any problem before?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Click here

Wilfred Mac, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Is it possible to configure the recording settings for xbox game capture?

Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while recording microphone audio using game bar while playing games.

I would suggest you to try troubleshooting Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

In addition, you can also check if the Microphone for game bar is enabled under privacy settings.

1. Go to Settings (press Windows +
      I key together) > Privacy.
    2. On the left hand pane scroll down and look for
      Microphone
    3. Toggle Allow apps to access Microphone
      to ON.
    4. Under Choose which Microsoft Store app can access your Microphone toggle Xbox game bar to
      ON.
    5. Restart the game bar.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to configure the recording settings for xbox game capture?

1. Is it possible to configure the recording settings for xbox game capture? - Similar Threads - possible configure recording

2. key shortcut to "record what happened" settings>gaming>captures opens Xbox game bar instead...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    key shortcut to "record what happened" settings>gaming>captures opens Xbox game bar instead...: When utilizing the game capture function, the keys settings says to press are "windows logo key + alt + G". The issue is that the key-sequence it says to press actually open the Xbox game bar instead, even though windows kay + G already opens the game bar. How do I either...
  3. key shortcut to "record what happened" settings>gaming>captures opens Xbox game bar instead...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    key shortcut to "record what happened" settings>gaming>captures opens Xbox game bar instead...: When utilizing the game capture function, the keys settings says to press are "windows logo key + alt + G". The issue is that the key-sequence it says to press actually open the Xbox game bar instead, even though windows kay + G already opens the game bar. How do I either...
  4. Xbox game bar, capture screenshot and recording options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar, capture screenshot and recording options: So I’m having a problem with my Xbox game bar where it won’t let me record any clips. Everytime I click onto the record button it says ‘ sorry, this pc does not meet the hardware requirements so record’ could someone help me with my problem?...
  5. Xbox game bar, capture screenshot and recording options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar, capture screenshot and recording options: So I’m having a problem with my Xbox game bar where it won’t let me record any clips. Everytime I click onto the record button it says ‘ sorry, this pc does not meet the hardware requirements so record’ could someone help me with my problem?...
  6. recording the screen using Xbox capture

in Windows 10 Customization
    recording the screen using Xbox capture: I was recording the screen using Xbox capture on windows 10. However the screen went blank sleep mode, I could still hear the activity on the screen. I moved the mouse and then realized that the recording had stopped but when I went to the captures folder, it was not there....
  7. Xbox game bar capture/recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar capture/recording: Hello I had been recording overwtach using xbox capture from xbox game bar for 4 days when i encountered an issue. Since yesterday, the game has started to lag while I am recording. However, i get normal fps if i am mot recording. I have noticed that the temperature has...
  8. Is it possible to record two audios in a game capture?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to record two audios in a game capture?: I use a SteelSeries GameDac, which splits Game Audio and Chat audio into two separate audio devices in my settings. In the audio mix for the Win+G menu, I only have one option for output audio. Is it possible to record two audios so it captures the Game Audio and Voice Chat...
  9. Can't record game voice in Windows 10 Xbox Capture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't record game voice in Windows 10 Xbox Capture: Hello, since the major update of last summer, that time when Xbox capture changed its UI, the program started to show problems. When I play games with voiced cutscenesthe things said by game characters, the program will only record the BGM, sound effects and images, but won't...
  10. Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio: It records game and discord audio, but doesn't record my microphone. It is set to default and audio to record is set to all. I've scoured the forums for answers and have tried most solutions, but none seem to fix it....