Windows 10: Is it possible to control a specific program with the Volume Keys on the Keyboard?

Discus and support Is it possible to control a specific program with the Volume Keys on the Keyboard? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to raise and lower the Sound of the Groove-Musik App with the Volume Keys, but not the Master volume. submitted by /u/LoganOfDoom [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LoganOfDoom, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Is it possible to control a specific program with the Volume Keys on the Keyboard?

I want to raise and lower the Sound of the Groove-Musik App with the Volume Keys, but not the Master volume.

submitted by /u/LoganOfDoom
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LoganOfDoom, Mar 18, 2021

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Mar 18, 2021
  3. Keyboard Shortcut For Volume Control

Hello Lenny,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you using a laptop keyboard or external keyboard?
    Adjusting the volume levels using the keyboard shortcuts depends if your device/keyboard supports media keys.

Meanwhile, let's try creating a shortcut key for the Master Volume. Refer to the steps below:

1. Right-click on an empty area on Desktop, then select
    New
    and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below:

C:\\Windows\System32\SndVol.exe -T 76611119 0

3. Click on Next button and provide a name for the said Shortcut and click Finish.

4. Right-click on it and select Properties.

5. Assigned your desired shortcut key like F11 or F10 by just pressing it in the
    Shortcut key area.

6. Click Apply and Click OK to save changes.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 18, 2021
  4. Is it possible to control a specific program with the Volume Keys on the Keyboard?

volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

Is it possible to control a specific program with the Volume Keys on the Keyboard?

1. Is it possible to control a specific program with the Volume Keys on the Keyboard? - Similar Threads - possible control specific

2. Is it possible to disable the user account control with specific programs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to disable the user account control with specific programs?: I don't want to disable it altogether but I have a frequently used program that gets stopped every time. Can I somehow set it to ignore certain programs?...
  3. Is it possible to disable the user account control with specific programs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to disable the user account control with specific programs?: I don't want to disable it altogether but I have a frequently used program that gets stopped every time. Can I somehow set it to ignore certain programs?...
  4. Keyboard volume keys not controlling master volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard volume keys not controlling master volume: Hi all, I have a microsoft scuplt keyboard. The volume keys on it control my Yeti mic output volume level, instead of the system master volume, for some reason. How can I make the controls attach to the master volume instead of picking one of my audio output devices seemingly...
  5. Windows 10 - Keyboard Volume Keys to control Master Volume?

Windows 10 - Keyboard Volume Keys to control Master Volume?: Hello I have Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000. When I connect simultaniously speakers and usb headset, volume control always controls headset only. Even if I choose playback devise as speakers. Could you please advise? Best regards, Mike...
  6. Is it possible to exempt one program from windows volume control or replace volume control?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to exempt one program from windows volume control or replace volume control?: I know I can use the volume mixer, but i'm trying to streamline the entire process. i don't want to hop out of whatever i am doing to open the mixer find the app to maximize it's volume, then later go back to the mixer later to equalize all the apps again. Ideally, i could...
  7. Windows 10 - Keyboard Volume Keys to control Master Volume?

Windows 10 - Keyboard Volume Keys to control Master Volume?: Hi folks, I have a modern keyboard with dedicated volume control keys. I also have both speakers via 3.5 and a headset via USB always plugged into the PC. I swap between the speakers and headset depending on my activity play and work. However, when I use the keyboard...
  8. Volume Control on Keyboard

Volume Control on Keyboard: I can't get the volume control switches on my keyboard to work properly. When I use volume up or down and mute switches, my computer switches over to Outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-control-on-keyboard/224b64a7-1972-41aa-8154-abe2cae7927e
  9. volume control keys

volume control keys: HI Folks i recently put a new SSD in my Asus N55SF and put Winows 10 Home on it. i have done all the updates and running 1909. However there are some volume control keys on left of the keyboard and i cant get them to work. Has anyone else come across this and know how to...
  10. volume control keys

volume control keys: HI Folks i recently put a new SSD in my Asus N55SF and put Winows 10 Home on it. i have done all the updates and running 1909. However there are some volume control keys on left of the keyboard and i cant get them to work. Has anyone else come across this and know how to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard volume control only one program