Windows 10: Is it possible to convert a 500 GB hard disk MBR to a GPT to switch from Legacy to UEFI...

Discus and support Is it possible to convert a 500 GB hard disk MBR to a GPT to switch from Legacy to UEFI... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to convert these MBR partitions on this hard disk available to GPT without Data Loss but failing the MBR2GPT validation to begin with.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rɛɳu Sɦàrɱʌ, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Is it possible to convert a 500 GB hard disk MBR to a GPT to switch from Legacy to UEFI...

I'm trying to convert these MBR partitions on this hard disk available to GPT without Data Loss but failing the MBR2GPT validation to begin with.

Windows Disk management Status :​

Is it possible to convert a 500 GB hard disk MBR to a GPT to switch from Legacy to UEFI... ca004e82-7769-46b9-8204-618aa12db244?upload=true.jpg

Diskpart and MBR2GPT Validation Status:

Is it possible to convert a 500 GB hard disk MBR to a GPT to switch from Legacy to UEFI... 91a364c7-d817-49dc-911e-c18daeda66b5?upload=true.jpg

Is the hard disk space not sufficient enough to do a GPT conversion or is something wrong with the partitions the way they are ??​

I'm trying the conversion without re-installing the OS or formatting any of the partitions...​

EaseUs Partition Manager Status :​

Is it possible to convert a 500 GB hard disk MBR to a GPT to switch from Legacy to UEFI... b8a99bd5-fd68-4592-8c05-5b706a4cbc1d?upload=true.jpg

(Ultra Passport is a External USB HD drive) Is it possible to convert a 500 GB hard disk MBR to a GPT to switch from Legacy to UEFI... :p

What if I Merge the Recovery Partition 2 with the Primary Partition 1, would that help or would it corrupt the MBR or run into any other issue(s) ?

Thank You.​

:)

Rɛɳu Sɦàrɱʌ, Nov 19, 2018
  2. Smittychat., Nov 19, 2018
  3. Converting a MBR disk to a GPT disk

When installing Windows I was asked which drive to install it on and selected the 3TB drive, whereupon it stated it couldn't install it on there as it had a MBR and needed a GPT drive.

-> OK, with such a large disk you must use the GPT partitioning scheme.

I then tried converting it to a GPT drive using diskpart etc through the Cmd prompt with Admin privileges. But when I got to selecting the disk it told me I couldn't select it because it had a Paging
    File.

-> I am not surprised.

Went online to get MS Technician to help me and he said go into the BIOS, press Ctrl-Shift-Delete keys and then Diskpart etc to convert the disk to GPT.

-> What he probably said is that you need to set the "BIOS boot mode" to UEFI.

The Windows installation process gives you the option of partitioning and formatting your disk. It probably lets you choose the partitioning scheme too, MBR or GPT. I do not know for sure since I do not
    have a disk > 2 TBytes that I could test. If not then you can do this:

• Boot the machine with your installation medium.
    • Select Repair Mode, then the Command Prompt.
    • Use diskpart.exe to partition & format the disk.
    • Install Windows.
    You might ask yourself if you really want a 3 TByte System Partition. I would go for a 100 GByte System partition and a 2.9 TByte data partition.

Frederik Long, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Is it possible to convert a 500 GB hard disk MBR to a GPT to switch from Legacy to UEFI...

Bitlocker with Windows 10 and EFI/UEFI Bios and Legacy Bios + MBR or GPT disk

Hello,

I've read alot online about all of the scenarios for bitlocker and using Windows 10 with TPM 2.0. I've read things that said bitlocker encryption is not possible if it's a Win 10 box with TPM 2.0 bios in Legacy mode. It must be UEFI/EFI to work. Is this
    correct? Also in addition to this, I also read that you want UEFI + GPT formatted disk. Will encryption with bitlocker still work if you have say ... Win 10 UEFI + MBR formatted disk???? Or do have to have both UEFI + GPT disk format for bitlocker drive encryption??

I am hoping to clear this up.

Thank you!

Prezidentj33, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Is it possible to convert a 500 GB hard disk MBR to a GPT to switch from Legacy to UEFI...

1. Is it possible to convert a 500 GB hard disk MBR to a GPT to switch from Legacy to UEFI... - Similar Threads - possible convert 500

2. converting disks to GPT from MBR to go from Legacy to UEFI. MBR2GPT does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    converting disks to GPT from MBR to go from Legacy to UEFI. MBR2GPT does not work: HiIm trying to convert my boot disk to GPT so I could boot to UEFI rather than legacy mode.I try to go GPT but it says this on CMD:I tried to follow another guy with the same problem adding 200mb of free memory:But still it didnt work.What do I do?...
  3. converting disks to GPT from MBR to go from Legacy to UEFI. MBR2GPT does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    converting disks to GPT from MBR to go from Legacy to UEFI. MBR2GPT does not work: HiIm trying to convert my boot disk to GPT so I could boot to UEFI rather than legacy mode.I try to go GPT but it says this on CMD:I tried to follow another guy with the same problem adding 200mb of free memory:But still it didnt work.What do I do?...
  4. converting disks to GPT from MBR to go from Legacy to UEFI. MBR2GPT does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. legacy mode to UEFI-MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    legacy mode to UEFI-MBR to GPT: I would to know how easy it is to change Legacy Mode to UEFI and change MBR to GPT ? I remember changing another pc...is this the command ... C: \ windows \ system32>MBR2GPT.EXE / convert / allowfullos Have checked disk management and my Asus K31ADE pc is in Legacy Mode and...
  6. legacy mode to UEFI-MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Support
    legacy mode to UEFI-MBR to GPT: I would to know how easy it is to change Legacy Mode to UEFI and change MBR to GPT ? I remember changing another pc...is this the command ... C: \ windows \ system32>MBR2GPT.EXE / convert / allowfullos Have checked disk management and my Asus K31ADE pc is in Legacy Mode and...
  7. Should I convert my 500 gb hdd from MBR to GPT??

Should I convert my 500 gb hdd from MBR to GPT??: I want to install windows 10 1903, but I get a message that says " Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI system, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks.". I know that I can disable the EFI Boot Sources. I am asking...
  8. convert MBR to GPT disk

convert MBR to GPT disk: DISKPART> list disk Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt -------- ------------- ------- ------- --- --- Disk 0 Online 465 GB 0 B Disk 1 Online 7633 MB 0 B DISKPART> list disk Disk ### Status Size...
  9. Convert MBR disk to GPT via uefi shell?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Convert MBR disk to GPT via uefi shell?: Hello! I did something terrible to my tablet, I converted the partition from GPT to MBR in a desperate try to install windows 7. Now tablet is not reading any usb I plug in, and of course I cannot format disk again because it doesn't recognize anything, always booting...
  10. Is It Possible To Convert GPT to MBR Than Legacy Boot Windows

Is It Possible To Convert GPT to MBR Than Legacy Boot Windows: First off, I apologize if this may be posted int the wrong section, I could not find another section that would suit this content. And also, I apologize if this sounds stupid, I don't like staring at the Acer logo when I turn on the computer, and cannot find a way to turn it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to convert desktop hdd 500 to gpt partition