Windows 10: Is it possible to convert a report from Notepad to excel?

Discus and support Is it possible to convert a report from Notepad to excel? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; One of our online suppliers sends reports in Notepad; is there a way to convert to Excel?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlbertaMaschal, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Is it possible to convert a report from Notepad to excel?

One of our online suppliers sends reports in Notepad; is there a way to convert to Excel?

:)

AlbertaMaschal, Sep 5, 2018
  2. Romel Ram Win User

notepad.

Hi Jill,

It is possible that the application that you're used for printing is not suitable for your report format. To properly isolate the issue, kindly verify the following:

• Are you trying to print the report using a Notepad application?
    • Have you tried creating the report using an Office application like Word or Excel?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Romel Ram, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Excel documents converting to Notepad

In Windows 10, when I attempt to open an excel file, it opens with Notepad not Excel rendering the document useless. I don't get the "open with" prompt when I right click on an .xls document.

Dtrain1958, Sep 5, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Is it possible to convert a report from Notepad to excel?

Excel documents converting to Notepad

Open the Settings App, go to System - Default Apps, then at the bottom click 'Choose Defaults by App'

In the Resulting Window, in the left list click Excel, then bottom right click 'Choose defaults for this Program', at the top of the window click the box to select all, save this setting and close all windows.

Now when you double click an excel file it should automatically open in Excel

I Hope this Helps!

DaveM121, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Is it possible to convert a report from Notepad to excel?

1. Is it possible to convert a report from Notepad to excel? - Similar Threads - possible convert report

2. Converting a Notepad file to a Gedcom?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Converting a Notepad file to a Gedcom?: I saved DNA raw data from a popular genealogy site on to my computer desktop. It saved as a Notepad text file. I would like to download that data to another site but it only takes Gedcom files. When I Browse to find the file I want to download, my saved file isn't an option....
  3. Converting a Notepad file to a Gedcom?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Converting a Notepad file to a Gedcom?: I saved DNA raw data from a popular genealogy site on to my computer desktop. It saved as a Notepad text file. I would like to download that data to another site but it only takes Gedcom files. When I Browse to find the file I want to download, my saved file isn't an option....
  4. level.dat converting into notepad

level.dat converting into notepad: alright, my entire minecraft has been corrupted since i accidentally checked "use this to open all .dat files" and now my minecraft got screwed. can someone help>...
  5. Reports from quickbooks to excel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reports from quickbooks to excel: Reports from Quickbooks to excel, computer will not do an excel worksheet but will download in a csv file? not enough memory? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reports-from-quickbooks-to-excel/03ec4441-4bad-44ca-aae4-fc48b12c084d
  6. excel reports

in Windows 10 Customization
    excel reports: why when i open my excel reports it always ask me to sign into microsoft i cant copy the file into an another report https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-reports/9b0febdb-a034-47c5-99a8-867e9356459a
  7. converting Excel to PDF

converting Excel to PDF: I am trying to convert an excel sheet to pdf in windows 10. I follow the instructions using Export. But instead of saving the current sheet, it saves a sheet from 2 years ago which is not opened...
  8. notepad text file.............how do I convert it to be in excel?

notepad text file.............how do I convert it to be in excel?: how do I convert a notepad text file into being an excel file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/notepad-text-filehow-do-i-convert-it-to-be-in/04af626b-2176-4693-8ea5-55376e4756fb
  9. notepad to excel

notepad to excel: how do I put data existing in comma separated file into an excel document? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/notepad-to-excel/594f77b4-7ac8-4c02-b7d3-1aa0da0fcf5d
  10. How do I convert a document back to Excel from notepad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I convert a document back to Excel from notepad: I have inadvertently saved an Excel spreadsheet in Notepad how do I get it back to Excel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-do-i-convert-a-document-back-to-excel-from/bec93233-f220-453d-a4bc-b801689399cd