Windows 10: is it possible to convert HDMI to DisplayPort? (in that order)

Discus and support is it possible to convert HDMI to DisplayPort? (in that order) in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; it seems liek a silly question but i cant seem to find a simple HDMI -> DP adapter for cheap but i can find a ton of DP to hdmi adapters. my issue is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by xdarkmario, May 1, 2020.

1. is it possible to convert HDMI to DisplayPort? (in that order)

it seems liek a silly question but i cant seem to find a simple HDMI -> DP adapter for cheap but i can find a ton of DP to hdmi adapters. my issue is that i have a snowblind case that takes up my ONLY hdmi port on my video card, but i have another monitor that needs the hdmi as well (in short i have 3 monitors and 2 of them are hdmi but i only have one hdmi slot.

cant i just use those dp to hdmi adapters backwards?

:)

xdarkmario, May 1, 2020
  2. Berton Win User
    Berton, May 1, 2020
  3. bobkn Win User
    is it possible to convert HDMI to DisplayPort? (in that order)

Nope. It would require an active adapter. HDMI to DisplayPort and DisplayPort to HDMI Conversion Explained

Active adapters exist. Robot Check I believe that the USB cable only supplies power. (If you didn't want to use a USB port on the computer, you could plug it into a cell phone charger, or other USB power source.)

They cost more than a passive DP to HDMI adapter.

bobkn, May 1, 2020
  4. is it possible to convert HDMI to DisplayPort? (in that order)

it seems liek a silly question but i cant seem to find a simple HDMI -> DP adapter for cheap but i can find a ton of DP to hdmi adapters. my issue is that i have a snowblind case that takes up my ONLY hdmi port on my video card, but i have another monitor that needs the hdmi as well (in short i have 3 monitors and 2 of them are hdmi but i only have one hdmi slot.

cant i just use those dp to hdmi adapters backwards?

xdarkmario, May 1, 2020
Thema:

1. is it possible to convert HDMI to DisplayPort? (in that order) - Similar Threads - possible convert HDMI

2. is it possible to convert HDMI to DisplayPort? (in that order)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    is it possible to convert HDMI to DisplayPort? (in that order): it seems liek a silly question but i cant seem to find a simple HDMI -> DP adapter for cheap but i can find a ton of DP to hdmi adapters. my issue is that i have a snowblind case that takes up my ONLY hdmi port on my video card, but i have another monitor that needs the hdmi...
  3. Monitor is not working with DisplayPort to HDMI adapter

Monitor is not working with DisplayPort to HDMI adapter: I have a HP EliteDisplay E222 and it is not able to recieve signals using a HDMI to DisplayPort adapter. I have tried plugging in the DisplayPort side of the adapter into my computer and into my graphics card and both of them give me no signal and that makes me think it is...
  4. Is it possible to re-order these files in descending order in the navigation pane in file...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to re-order these files in descending order in the navigation pane in file...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/yungsemite [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eufurq/is_it_possible_to_reorder_these_files_in/
  5. Monitor Recommendation for Dual Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, DVI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Recommendation for Dual Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, DVI: I have one samsung syncmaster t240 very old monitor that i bought used from someone because i could not buy 1920x1200 monitors where im located. I connect it to my dell xps 15 9550 via hdmi to hdmi cable with no issue. I previously had an asus monitor that stopped working...
  6. HDMI to DVI converter?

HDMI to DVI converter?: my laptop display runs at 1920x1080 at 60hz refresh rate. i wanted to buy an external moniter for a bigger screen. my laptop only has 1 hdmi port and no dvi. i want the benefits of dvi as it can increase refresh rate according to the external monitor by using a hdmi to dvi...
  7. Is it possible to re-order favorites in EDGE?

in Browsers and Email
    Is it possible to re-order favorites in EDGE?: My question pretty well describes it: I've imported my favorites from Chrome, but: they're in reverse order. Which wouldn't be much of a problem but for the fact that I have a large number of favorites. I've looked around quite a bit but have yet to discover if there's any...
  8. Displayport to HDMI Cable vs Adapter

Displayport to HDMI Cable vs Adapter: Getting a new PC next week, which has an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (3gb). Want to use the NVIDIA's Displayports on a dual monitor setup (HDMI inputs only). 1. Displayport to HDMI cable or adapter or does it matter ? 2. Any gotacha's I should look out for when buying ? 104342
  9. HDMI to Displayport video issue

HDMI to Displayport video issue: I am trying to connect the HDMI port on my nVidia GeForce GT 640 video card to the DisplayPort input on my HP Compaq L2206tm monitor. This is the reverse of what is expected by cable fabricators who have lots of cables and adapters for the opposite configuration, i.e., DP on...
  10. HDMI Converter to HDMI, Audio + Optical Audio

HDMI Converter to HDMI, Audio + Optical Audio: Hi there Brilliant little device for passing HDMI (less HDCP !!) plus RCA L, R Audio and 5.1 Optical Audio (SPDIF). Switchable audio pass thru,, 2Ch, 5.1 ch. (Max HDMI input is 1080p so won't work for your 4K huge TV's though) - still an excellent little device for those...