Windows 10: is it possible to convert HDMI to DisplayPort? (in that order)

Discus and support is it possible to convert HDMI to DisplayPort? (in that order) in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; it seems liek a silly question but i cant seem to find a simple HDMI -> DP adapter for cheap but i can find a ton of DP to hdmi adapters. my issue is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by xdarkmario, May 1, 2020.

1. is it possible to convert HDMI to DisplayPort? (in that order)

it seems liek a silly question but i cant seem to find a simple HDMI -> DP adapter for cheap but i can find a ton of DP to hdmi adapters. my issue is that i have a snowblind case that takes up my ONLY hdmi port on my video card, but i have another monitor that needs the hdmi as well (in short i have 3 monitors and 2 of them are hdmi but i only have one hdmi slot.

cant i just use those dp to hdmi adapters backwards?

:)

xdarkmario, May 1, 2020
  2. Berton Win User
    Berton, May 1, 2020
  3. bobkn Win User
    is it possible to convert HDMI to DisplayPort? (in that order)

Nope. It would require an active adapter. HDMI to DisplayPort and DisplayPort to HDMI Conversion Explained

Active adapters exist. Robot Check I believe that the USB cable only supplies power. (If you didn't want to use a USB port on the computer, you could plug it into a cell phone charger, or other USB power source.)

They cost more than a passive DP to HDMI adapter.

bobkn, May 1, 2020
  4. is it possible to convert HDMI to DisplayPort? (in that order)

it seems liek a silly question but i cant seem to find a simple HDMI -> DP adapter for cheap but i can find a ton of DP to hdmi adapters. my issue is that i have a snowblind case that takes up my ONLY hdmi port on my video card, but i have another monitor that needs the hdmi as well (in short i have 3 monitors and 2 of them are hdmi but i only have one hdmi slot.

cant i just use those dp to hdmi adapters backwards?

xdarkmario, May 1, 2020
Thema:

1. is it possible to convert HDMI to DisplayPort? (in that order) - Similar Threads - possible convert HDMI

2. DisplayPort vs. HDMI?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DisplayPort vs. HDMI?: Hello,I hope this message is going to the right place.I would like to connect a PC to a LED television and was wondering how to best go about doing it. I have a TV that will accept a VGA connector. In the past I have used a VGA cable to connect the computer to the TV but the...
  3. DisplayPort vs. HDMI?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DisplayPort vs. HDMI?: Hello,I hope this message is going to the right place.I would like to connect a PC to a LED television and was wondering how to best go about doing it. I have a TV that will accept a VGA connector. In the past I have used a VGA cable to connect the computer to the TV but the...
  4. DisplayPort vs. HDMI?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Problems with second monitor with HDMI to DisplayPort converter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with second monitor with HDMI to DisplayPort converter: Hi, I have a problem with my computer trying to use a second monitor. I have a RX6650 xt and I'm trying to use a second monitor using a HDMI to DisplayPort converter. The monitor shows de BIOS image when de pc starts and even shows the BIOS setup but when Windows initiate it...
  6. Problems with second monitor with HDMI to DisplayPort converter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with second monitor with HDMI to DisplayPort converter: Hi, I have a problem with my computer trying to use a second monitor. I have a RX6650 xt and I'm trying to use a second monitor using a HDMI to DisplayPort converter. The monitor shows de BIOS image when de pc starts and even shows the BIOS setup but when Windows initiate it...
  7. Cheap DisplayPort to HDMI adaptors?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Cheap DisplayPort to HDMI adaptors?: I just bought a new Games PC the other day and decided to invest in a cheap bootleg DisplayPort to HDMI adaptor so I could connect it to my TV as well, and this was working great for a while until it didn't and now I'm worried I might have fried the DisplayPorts on my...
  8. Sound Problems with HDMI and DisplayPort

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Problems with HDMI and DisplayPort: Dear Windows Community, I have encountered a strange problem: A few days ago I built a new PC with Windows 10 which is now connected to three displays 2x DisplayPort and 1x HDMI. One of these displays has speakers connected via DisplayPort, another doesn't have internal...
  9. is it possible to convert HDMI to DisplayPort? (in that order)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    is it possible to convert HDMI to DisplayPort? (in that order): it seems liek a silly question but i cant seem to find a simple HDMI -> DP adapter for cheap but i can find a ton of DP to hdmi adapters. my issue is that i have a snowblind case that takes up my ONLY hdmi port on my video card, but i have another monitor that needs the hdmi...
  10. HDMI to Displayport video issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI to Displayport video issue: I am trying to connect the HDMI port on my nVidia GeForce GT 640 video card to the DisplayPort input on my HP Compaq L2206tm monitor. This is the reverse of what is expected by cable fabricators who have lots of cables and adapters for the opposite configuration, i.e., DP on...