Windows 10: Is it possible to create a fake thumbnail for a file

Discus and support Is it possible to create a fake thumbnail for a file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I created a zip file where I have hidden some passwords. I renamed the zip file to SomePhoto.jpg and put it among some pictures so nobody would mess... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ricardobohner, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Is it possible to create a fake thumbnail for a file

I created a zip file where I have hidden some passwords. I renamed the zip file to SomePhoto.jpg and put it among some pictures so nobody would mess with it:

Is it possible to create a fake thumbnail for a file I9zgnI5.jpg

The only problem is that the picture has no thumbnail like the other pictures in the folder. Is there a way to put a fake thumbnail on the SomePhoto.jpg?

Thanks in advance.

:)

ricardobohner, Oct 31, 2020
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Is it possible to create a fake thumbnail for a file

Video preview thumbnails

Hello,

System file corruption is one of the possible reasons why thumbnail preview has recently disappeared. To better assist you, please answer the following:

• For clarification, are referring to video preview thumbnails when using File Explorer?
    • We would like to verify if you are referring to the Fall Creators Update. To see your
      Windows build and version, please follow the steps in this
      article

In the meantime, we suggest creating a Test User Profile. This is to see if the same issue occurs on a different user profile.

To create a Test User Profile, follow these steps:

• On Search, type Settings then hit the
      Enter
      key.
    • On Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Name the User Profile as TEST.
    • Assign a password for TEST user, then select Next.
    • Sign in TEST user.

We'll be waiting on the results.

Dyan Rey, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to create a fake thumbnail for a file

1. Is it possible to create a fake thumbnail for a file - Similar Threads - possible create fake

2. W10 not creating Thumbnails for DNG files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 not creating Thumbnails for DNG files: I had an open thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/w10-not-adding-thumbnails-to-raw-files-dng/b5a0356e-824d-4d81-8ca2-1bbfc1b05253?messageId=77b07b6e-5e3f-4dd5-bd32-6da0ab13c1b2I was asked to open a new thread.The issue is the same ... DNG...
  3. W10 not creating Thumbnails for DNG files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 not creating Thumbnails for DNG files: I had an open thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/w10-not-adding-thumbnails-to-raw-files-dng/b5a0356e-824d-4d81-8ca2-1bbfc1b05253?messageId=77b07b6e-5e3f-4dd5-bd32-6da0ab13c1b2I was asked to open a new thread.The issue is the same ... DNG...
  4. W10 not creating Thumbnails for DNG files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Is it possible to make a fake msgbox error message with a bat file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to make a fake msgbox error message with a bat file?: I've been trying to make a fake error message just like the one in the vbs scripts with a bat/cmd file yet I could not. I've tried searching online but to no avail. Is there a way to do so? Just asking.Edit: I'd also like it if it could run the command repeatedly forever....
  6. Is it possible to make a fake msgbox error message with a bat file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to make a fake msgbox error message with a bat file?: I've been trying to make a fake error message just like the one in the vbs scripts with a bat/cmd file yet I could not. I've tried searching online but to no avail. Is there a way to do so? Just asking.Edit: I'd also like it if it could run the command repeatedly forever....
  7. Fake UEFI Mode possibility?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fake UEFI Mode possibility?: I have an Acer Aspire 4830TG running Windows 10 21H1 Pro. I recently used the MBR2GPT tool to convert my OS to GPT. Then I was asked to set BIOS to UEFI. I did, but the drive still doesn’t boot. Could it be possible that the UEFI mode is fake?...
  8. Possible fake windows notice

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible fake windows notice: My computer is beeping and is locked , the background looks like a Microsoft Windows notification. The message states " you computer has been locked up ,your ip address was used without your knowledge or consent to visit websites that contain identity theft virus. To unlock...
  9. Possible fake windows notice

Possible fake windows notice: My computer began beeping and giving me a windows notice saying " your computer been locked up ,your ip address was used without your knowledge or consent to visit websites that contain identity theft virus....
  10. Possible Fake Login Screen?

Possible Fake Login Screen?: A computer i regularly use at work forced me to log in using my microsoft account today. This was unusual because i had been using this same PC for months, never had to log in before. It used a local account without a password to login. occasionally, within this local...