Windows 10: Is it possible to create a file with the same name in the same exact directory?

Discus and support Is it possible to create a file with the same name in the same exact directory? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to figure out how to create a file with the same name in the same directory. Purely for educational purposes and to experiment around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Baylor Speer, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Is it possible to create a file with the same name in the same exact directory?

Hi, I am trying to figure out how to create a file with the same name in the same directory. Purely for educational purposes and to experiment around Is there a way to do this? For example: a special character or a command prompt/PowerShell trick. Thanks!

:)

Baylor Speer, Oct 4, 2021

2. File Manager will NOT create Directory Names or Rename a Directory

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

• Are you trying to create in File Explorer or on desktop?
    • How are you trying to create a directory?
    Please get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 4, 2021
  3. File Manager will NOT create Directory Names or Rename a Directory

8:11 PM 2/10/2016

8. The File Manager will NOT create Directory Names

Nor will it Rename a Directory

It works Making Files, and Renaming them - just Not Directories.

I even used the Clean Manager on all unimportant files,

then Optimized (Defrag) the file structure, and Shutdown the system,

then Rebooted the system from cold. No Good. Still Failing.

The Windows Defender is up to date - Today.

No known issues were reported there.

9:02 PM 2/10/2016

------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, I went too fast and left some info out.

I have an HP Pavilion Desktop System,

and am running Windows 10, version 1511,

and use a Wide Screen Monitor.

As I have been doing for years, I create the directory

in the Windows Explorer (Not Internet Explorer) that

has always been considered the File Manager.

As always, I create the Directory, then Move (or Copy)

the desired files into that Directory.

Yesterday the File Manager STOPPED Making Directories.

It also won't allow a Directory to be Renamed.

And it won't allow a Directory to be Moved.

I have resorted to using the DOS Command Console

to Create and Remove desired Directories.

I issue the "md" command to Make a Directory.

I issue the "rd" command to Remove a Directory.

This is a longer and tedious way to work, but being

an old hand at DOS it is the only File Manager I have.

I would like to obtain a downloadable version of

Windows 10, v1511 (or the latest version)

so that I can re-install it as is necessary.

KennethLilly, Oct 4, 2021
  4. Is it possible to create a file with the same name in the same exact directory?

List file names than a folder.

Hello @White,

I have just put this together for YOU => List_Folder_Files.bat.

You need to put it in whatever directory you want to produce the list of files.

I hope this helps!

Paul Black, Oct 4, 2021
Thema:

Is it possible to create a file with the same name in the same exact directory?

1. Is it possible to create a file with the same name in the same exact directory? - Similar Threads - possible create file

2. Same file name on same folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Same file name on same folder: Hi . I have windows 10 And it hepend few times that i same file name and same file format qt the same folderThis time i didnt change the name of the exact filesI just download the files from email and download two times than put them on the same folder..and it let me...Ive...
  3. Same file name on same folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Same file name on same folder: Hi . I have windows 10 And it hepend few times that i same file name and same file format qt the same folderThis time i didnt change the name of the exact filesI just download the files from email and download two times than put them on the same folder..and it let me...Ive...
  4. Same file name on same folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name: i have 2 startup folders in the same folder for some unknown to me reason. When i put in "shells:startup" in Run it opens up a startup folder thats read only and its empty whenever i try to change it to not be read only it just reapplies after the properties window closes...
  6. 2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name

2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name: i have 2 startup folders in the same folder for some unknown to me reason. When i put in "shells:startup" in Run it opens up a startup folder thats read only and its empty whenever i try to change it to not be read only it just reapplies after the properties window closes...
  7. 2 files in the same folders with the same name

2 files in the same folders with the same name: How can this happen!? Files downloaded from bank statements using Firefox. This worries me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-files-in-the-same-folders-with-the-same-name/514f1b90-be4c-43b0-a293-79c42d40da27
  8. Is it possible to create a file with the same name in the same exact directory?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to create a file with the same name in the same exact directory?: Hi, I am trying to figure out how to create a file with the same name in the same directory. Purely for educational purposes and to experiment around Is there a way to do this? For example: a special character or a command prompt/PowerShell trick. Thanks!...
  9. Is it possible to create a file with the same name in the same exact directory?

Is it possible to create a file with the same name in the same exact directory?: Hi, I am trying to figure out how to create a file with the same name in the same directory. Purely for educational purposes and to experiment around Is there a way to do this? For example: a special character or a command prompt/PowerShell trick. Thanks!...
  10. Can't save a file with the same name as a folder in the same directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't save a file with the same name as a folder in the same directory: So lets say I want to save my excel file to my documents folder. I want to name the file "data", but there is already a folder with the name data in the documents directory. When I type the word "data" into "File name:" and hit save, the file explorer opens up the data folder...