Windows 10: Is it possible to create account without logging into Windows 10?

Discus and support Is it possible to create account without logging into Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, One of the family members got a windows computer from the school lab where she worked. They gave the computer away when they were cleaning up the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dhu23, Apr 2, 2020.

1. /u/dhu23 Win User

Is it possible to create account without logging into Windows 10?

Hi,

One of the family members got a windows computer from the school lab where she worked. They gave the computer away when they were cleaning up the inventory. But right now I can't login to this computer at home.

When I turned it on, it directly goes to the school department domain login page, which we no longer have connection to at home. This computer doesn't have any local account set up (at least I am not aware of any). So it looks like the whole system is of no use. I am about to format the whole thing and put Ubuntu on it but it would be nice to have at least one Windows machine at home.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/dhu23
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dhu23, Apr 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10

I didnt have to create a account. When that part of the install pops up just click create new account and on the new screen at the bottom it says sign in without a MS account. This allows you to create a local user.

brandonwh64, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Is it possible to create account without logging into Windows 10? :(

Zakin, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Is it possible to create account without logging into Windows 10? - Similar Threads - possible create account

2. How to create a user profile without logging in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create a user profile without logging in?: Hello,We are preparing a new Windows image. After sysprep, some user profiles should be created automatically and certain files should be copied to their profiles. I have found this command to create a user profile "runas /env /profile /user:<domain>\<username> cmd.exe", but...
  3. How to create a user profile without logging in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create a user profile without logging in?: Hello,We are preparing a new Windows image. After sysprep, some user profiles should be created automatically and certain files should be copied to their profiles. I have found this command to create a user profile "runas /env /profile /user:<domain>\<username> cmd.exe", but...
  4. How to create a user profile without logging in?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is it possible to log into a computer without kicking anyone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to log into a computer without kicking anyone?: Hi all. I have to access a Windows 11 remote PC via remote desktop, but another person is using that PC from another remote desktop session. Is it possible to log into that PC just to read files, I don't have to gain full access to that PC without kicking that person? There...
  6. Is it possible to log into a computer without kicking anyone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to log into a computer without kicking anyone?: Hi all. I have to access a Windows 11 remote PC via remote desktop, but another person is using that PC from another remote desktop session. Is it possible to log into that PC just to read files, I don't have to gain full access to that PC without kicking that person? There...
  7. Creating Domain User Profile Without Logging In

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Creating Domain User Profile Without Logging In: Hi All, As we become an increasingly remote workforce, I would like to get away from asking for user credentials completely and make it so I can deploy a new computer to a user without having to log into their account. It's hard for an IT Administrator to enforce the IT...
  8. Possible to create a private identified network without a gateway?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible to create a private identified network without a gateway?: I'm trying setup a point to point network (PC to PC) on a secondary interface. I would not this to be a private network and not have all the firewall/guest network policies. Is this possible? Can I name the network so it doesn't show as Unidentified?...
  9. Changing email address when logging in without creating a new account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changing email address when logging in without creating a new account?: I was gifted the lap top and still have to log in with their email - this was one of 2 of the laptops they bought as a pair. Is it possible (now i have my own microsoft account to change the email i log in with without having to back up and default? I just want to sync my...
  10. Is it possible to create a hidden account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible to create a hidden account?: Hello friends of the forum. I need to create an admin account in our home computer, but it needs to be a hidden account. Is it possible? I have access to everything in the computer, and I also had replaced the utilman.exe with the command line, to use it on the system...